DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

This thread is pathetic. I get it... James Robinson looks good. Really good. Great even. And there's a lot of hype around him right now. But let's get real for a sec... the fact that this thread won't even have as many pages as JRob TDs by seasons end is a travesty 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

This thread is pathetic. I get it... James Robinson looks good. Really good. Great even. And there's a lot of hype around him right now. But let's get real for a sec... the fact that this thread won't even have as many pages as JRob TDs by seasons end is a travesty 🤣

I can cover both

29 minutes ago, Ffguy0087 said:

Rushing TDs? I think we can manage. Now if you adding receiving TDs...we are in trouble. 

He's going to be in every analysts top 10 rankings next week against Cinci. They got rolled by Chubb/Hunt last week. 

100% owned incoming

• Like 1

I was very encouraged by his work in the passing game. He looked like CMC out there. Going to be a beast in PPR as well as standards.

If he takes all us to the promise land in money leagues we should all buy his jersey. I definitely will. I buy my MVPs jersey when I win the chip

#1 Jersey well be seeing them announce on NFLN at the end of the season lol

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

With all the injuries this guy has gone from a bonus FLEX to a critical piece of my starting lineup. How many teams is he saving early on in the season? I'd guess many. Hopefully he can keep it rolling.

Missed out ... my thoughts at draft time once Fournette left town, I didn’t want too own any back or player on the Jaguars. Making a claim for JRob wasn’t worth my time. Yikes 

8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Missed out ... my thoughts at draft time once Fournette left town, I didn’t want too own any back or player on the Jaguars. Making a claim for JRob wasn’t worth my time. Yikes 

It happens to us all. You'll get the next one.

He has 3 ridiculous matchups in a row too, the Bengals (31), Texans (32), and Lions (30). Literally the 3 worst rush defenses in the NFL. lol And then a bye and the Chargers probably without Melvin Ingram and then the Texans again. lmao. Not sure I'd trade him for anyone right now.

Edited by TennisDude

Wow with as bad/injured as some other RBs have been this year, he's looking like a top RB. I love that it's not just the volume, but he jumps off the tape when you watch him play. Looks like he has a different gear and hunger than the other folks out there. Gotta love JRob

6 hours ago, TennisDude said:

He has 3 ridiculous matchups in a row too, the Bengals (31), Texans (32), and Lions (30). Literally the 3 worst rush defenses in the NFL. lol And then a bye and the Chargers probably without Melvin Ingram and then the Texans again. lmao. Not sure I'd trade him for anyone right now.

This is why I'm absolutely holding on him.  His value is most likely going to be the highest it can be around the trade deadline with owners that in the playoff hunt, but even then I don't think I'd move him with all the injuries at RB.  That said even for the fantasy playoffs he gets one tough matchup @Baltimore, but that's sandwiched between Tenn and Chi.  They will probably be way behind @GB, but by that time he should have the passing down work to himself.  Pitt is obv tough.

42 minutes ago, collucho said:

This thread is carrying this forum.

Just like Juice Rob is carrying our teams and hearts

Im reading in a lot of places that JRob is a sell high candidate. They are saying when Ozigbo and Armstead get back he will have to cede touches to those two. They are suggesting flipping him for another Rb, but for some reason I get the feeling that this backfield is Robinson's to lose. He looked great Thursday night and I feel he continues to dominate. [...] Maybe I am missing something here? Is he a sell high candidate?

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

2 minutes ago, Walter330i said:

Im reading in a lot of places that JRob is a sell high candidate. They are saying when Ozigbo and Armstead get back he will have to cede touches to those two. They are suggesting flipping him for another Rb, but for some reason I get the feeling that this backfield is Robinson's to lose. He looked great Thursday night and I feel he continues to dominate. [...] Maybe I am missing something here? Is he a sell high candidate

It depends on who someone is willing to part with. Everyone has a price.

3 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

It depends on who someone is willing to part with. Everyone has a price.

Spot on here, with CEH and Aaron Jones in a keeper I got an offer for CEH.  I countered with JRob for the same price and as far as I'm concerned the price is only going to go up.  He declined like I was nuts and he's not a potential keeper.  People that don't own this guy want to think its a fluke, but they clearly haven't watched him in action.

Edited by humanpuck

9 minutes ago, Walter330i said:

Im reading in a lot of places that JRob is a sell high candidate. They are saying when Ozigbo and Armstead get back he will have to cede touches to those two. They are suggesting flipping him for another Rb, but for some reason I get the feeling that this backfield is Robinson's to lose. He looked great Thursday night and I feel he continues to dominate. [...] Maybe I am missing something here? Is he a sell high candidate?

Can you post the source?

6 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Where are you reading this?  Anywhere reputable?

I'm not sure where you read that, but I do know that the coaches have been gushing about JRob since training camp and have called him a 3 down back.  He has been getting bellcow usage every week, even with Chris Thompson there.  Anything about him losing time is just baseless speculation.  Nothing that the coaches have said or done, and nothing that JRob has done, indicates that has any credibility.

Here is the article on Fantasy Pros 

https://www.fantasypros.com/2020/09/fantasy-football-buy-sell-hold-picks-week-4-2020/

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Walter330i said:

I understand what he's saying, but I'd like to know what he thinks is great value.  That's my biggest problem with these buy low/sell high articles.  They never give a frame of reference to what they think is good value.