DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

Just now, ccimore said:

I understand what he's saying, but I'd like to know what he thinks is great value.  That's my biggest problem with these buy low/sell high articles.  They never give a frame of reference to what they think is good value.

I am with you. It kind of caught me off guard because to me this guy is a keeper. Kid is a beast on the field if you watch him. I just dont know if those other guys in that backfield will get a substantial amount of touches to the point where Robinson's value takes a hit. At the moment he is the lone wolf with the 3 down role and Thompson as the pass catching back. I dont think people have bought into him yet since its so early in his career. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Walter330i said:

Nope I heard him talk about this.  The whole national tv thing, I think its BS that this is the highest his value will be with next 3 games he has.  If he rips off between 15-20 pts over the next 3 games, which I think he will, that's when his value will be highest.  When people see the week in and week out RB2 consistency with RB1 upside.

3 minutes ago, Walter330i said:

Yeah, I found that after reading your post.  That's the only one I could find that said this.

I like Tagliere actually, but I don't see any support of his contention that JRob is going to lose carries.  Armstead and Ozigbo were on the team last year and barely saw the field behind Fournette.  What evidence do we have that Marrone is going to go RBBC when they come back?  He didn't do it last year.  Plus Marrone loves JRob.  Gushes about him.  Lots of speculation that he cut Fournette specifically because he knew what he had in JRob.  I just don't see it.

• Like 3

Exactly what I thought off Tags predictions. A lot of guys are saying Mixon is a sell with how bad he looks and the offense not getting any better, but Robinson is feasting. 

I'm targeting jrob so I appreciate the article greatly. Sell him (to me).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Buckmcbuck said:

By Tags.. also saying he would trade j.rob for mixon as a buy low sell high

Right, I saw that too.

He hasn't seen JRob's schedule.  How on earth do you a trade a RB right before he goes up against literally the 3 worst run defenses in the league?  There aren't many rbs at all that I would trade at this moment for JRob.  I would wait until week 7 unless someone knocked my socks off with an offer.

20 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Yeah, I found that after reading your post.  That's the only one I could find that said this.

I like Tagliere actually, but I don't see any support of his contention that JRob is going to lose carries.  Armstead and Ozigbo were on the team last year and barely saw the field behind Fournette.  What evidence do we have that Marrone is going to go RBBC when they come back?  He didn't do it last year.  Plus Marrone loves JRob.  Gushes about him.  Lots of speculation that he cut Fournette specifically because he knew what he had in JRob.  I just don't see it.

It's not speculation that JRob was at least part of the reason they cut Fournette. It has been reported numerous times that Caldwell (GM) was basing at least part of the decision on JRob's training camp.

https://www.google.com/search?channel=fs&client=ubuntu&q=jaguars+GM+fournette+robinson

1 minute ago, JAG_challam said:

It's not speculation that JRob was at least part of the reason they cut Fournette. It has been reported numerous times that Caldwell (GM) was basing at least part of the decision on JRob's training camp.

https://www.google.com/search?channel=fs&client=ubuntu&q=jaguars+GM+fournette+robinson

22 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Right, I saw that too.

He hasn't seen JRob's schedule.  How on earth do you a trade a RB right before he goes up against literally the 3 worst run defenses in the league?  There aren't many rbs at all that I would trade at this moment for JRob.  I would wait until week 7 unless someone knocked my socks off with an offer.

Yep and he looks like the best player on the jags when the offense is out there. I don't have much concern for those guys coming in and taking touches from JRob. 

Agreed, I don't think you could "sell high" and get what he's actually worth right now as a lot of people (not on this forum) are just now hearing about him and paying attention. He's still got to prove what he's worth with a few more games of good production, which I strongly think he will considering the run D of the next few teams.

He keeps this up and he might be a first rounder next year.

I came in here to post about how most people are undervaluing this guy. Numerous threads in the Coaches Help Forum 'Robinson for Drake' 'Golladay and Robinson for Hopkins'. [...] As a Robinson owner this guy is locked in and starting until I see two bad games in a row. [...] By all definitions of the phrase this guy is the most likelihood of a league winner more so then anyone else this year. Season is still very young but anyone that has watched him play has got to see what I am seeing. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed AC/CSB
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, kp96 said:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1309496077318590465

This is a guy who doesn't think JRob has anything to fear when Armstead and Ozigbo return.

You are on RW forums.

You don’t need a twitter post from Mathew Berry or video to tell you Jrob is the bellcow. 

You got 72 pages. And 95% of the posts saying Jrob is the man. 

Come on guys. Any regular RW poster could tell you that he is the man. They will also tell you that they ain’t selling Jrob. No way no how. 

Anyone else saying anything otherwise is either don’t have him on the roster and or mad at everyone else that have him on the roster.  And rooting against Jrob just to see him and all his believers fail. i.e definition of a hater. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ginocan said:

You are on RW forums.

You don’t need a twitter post from Mathew Berry or video to tell you Jrob is the bellcow. 

You got 72 pages. And 95% of the posts saying Jrob is the man. 

Come on guys. Any regular RW poster could tell you that he is the man. They will also tell you that they ain’t selling Jrob. No way no how. 

Anyone else saying anything otherwise is either don’t have him on the roster and or mad at everyone else that have him on the roster.  And rooting against Jrob just to see him and all his believers fail. i.e definition of a hater. 

My post was to refute someone else's earlier post, if you were following along.

24 minutes ago, kp96 said:

My post was to refute someone else's earlier post, if you were following along.

I didn’t. And I was not mean to be malicious. It was just a definitive statement on how I feel about Jrob building on the video you posted. 

8 hours ago, Buckmcbuck said:

By Tags.. also saying he would trade j.rob for mixon as a buy low sell high

I own both, and I value JRob wayyy higher. Though I'm a first time Mixon owner, and I'm not used to his slow starts/hot finishes, so maybe I'm being too harsh on Mixon. 

3 minutes ago, theantishere said:

I own both, and I value JRob wayyy higher. Though I'm a first time Mixon owner, and I'm not used to his slow starts/hot finishes, so maybe I'm being too harsh on Mixon. 

Im in the same boat owning both. Mixon is the more talented back, plain and simple. But jacksonville trust Robinson, they use him like they should in their gameplan. CIN are using Burrow like they believe he is the guy for them, instead of the guy they just paid. Mixon will get his time, but itll be up to CIN coaching as to when, and until then, you ride the hot train with Robinson. 

• Like 1

In terms of his value and trading him, I agree that he is not likely to bring what his current owners think he should. So if I had a need somewhere and was rich at RB, I’d look to trade someone else (not named Kamara). 

And I’ll admit, for me, there is a mental aspect of keeping him regardless of value. If I keep him and win the league, I’ll be telling my grand kids about the time I scooped up JRob and rode him to the title. That would be cool.

I’m not saying that’s being a smart FF player. But I don’t care. It’s hard for me to imagine trading him. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Butters said:

In terms of his value and trading him, I agree that he is not likely to bring what his current owners think he should. So if I had a need somewhere and was rich at RB, I’d look to trade someone else (not named Kamara). 

And I’ll admit, for me, there is a mental aspect of keeping him regardless of value. If I keep him and win the league, I’ll be telling my grand kids about the time I scooped up JRob and rode him to the title. That would be cool.

I’m not saying that’s being a smart FF player. But I don’t care. It’s hard for me to imagine trading him. 

Even your future grandkids know JRob is the Pick Up of The Year.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Butters said:

If I keep him and win the league, I’ll be telling my grand kids about the time I scooped up JRob and rode him to the title. That would be cool.

I can hear your grand kids response now, "No one cares about your fantasy football championship from 40 years ago, old man." 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Can't bring myself to trade him right now for sure. I'm likely riding or dying with JR.

• Like 1

Remember that feeling over the last two weeks before you deal this guy for subpar talent (due to the question marks):

dvcxb.gif

52 minutes ago, collucho said:

I can hear your grand kids response now, "No one cares about your fantasy football championship from 40 years ago, old man." 🤣

Haha. Very true. But it won’t stop me from telling that story.

1 hour ago, Butters said:

Haha. Very true. But it won’t stop me from telling that story.

Tell everyone of the legend of James Robinson

I had no idea who this guy was and only drafted him because I saw some tweets saying he was going to be the starter while I was drafting.  Having watched him play the other night, I liked what I saw.  He doesn't look like an elite back but he looks like a genuine 3 down guy.  His pass catching was what caught my eye.  On a team like the Jags you figure they're likely to be playing from behind in games, so his ability to catch is key to consistent snaps regardless of the game situation.  He looks the part of a starting RB.

anyone consider selling because of ozigbo/Armstead or think mixon is a good replacement is nuts. Why on earth would the jags want to dim the biggest, brightest spot on their team? Dude is doing things HoFers did when they started. Prolly selling jerseys like hot cakes. Helping the team be talked about and helping on field. They gonna throw that out for other jags? Are you gonna trade a top 5 ppr rb for an underperforming rb bordering on bust town? If so, get off this ride and never come back. You were never wanted in the first place