DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

If there has been one player who has been consistent for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2020 it’s been undrafted rookie James Robinson, who currently looks like one of the league’s top running backs. He’s been a force for the team after many were scratching their heads about their decision to waive Leonard Fournette, who was a former first-round selection for them.

Robinson was a player whose name kept coming up in training camp after impressing the media and staff, and when the pads went on, he really caught Doug Marrone’s eyes. During Monday’s meeting with the media, the veteran head coach said Robinson’s performance in pass protection drills particularly intrigued him and made him further research the young tailback.

“When we started doing some one-on-ones in pass protection during training camp, I was like, ‘holy cow.’ I didn’t realize how good he was at covering guys up, bodying them up, and seeing the strength and explosion he had. Then I went back and looked at the weight room stuff and looked at that. He’s one of our most explosive players, I found that out during training camp. Then it was a matter of finding out if this guy is going to hold on to the football when he gets hit in the NFL and I think that he’s proven that,” Marrone said.

“I knew he could catch and I think he’s a guy that can do everything. He can be a three-down back, he can protect, he can catch out of the backfield, obviously he can run the football. It’s a lot of things that he does [for the offense] and it will be interesting to see how he does as the season goes and being able to take care of your body.”

Marrone has always been about physicality, so it’s not shocking that Robinson’s skill set in protection intrigued him. However, due to a hamstring injury with Devine Ozigbo and Ryquell Armstead, Robinson was propelled into the No. 1 spot on the depth chart Week 1. Once he received it, Robinson never looked back.

Even in the Jags’ embarrassing showing against the Miami Dolphins, Robinson showed up and led the team in receiving yards with 83. He also garnered the Jags’ only two rushing touchdowns on Thursday. Prior, he had 210 total yards under his belt, playing a huge role in the Jags’ Week 1-2 showings.

As Marrone said, Robinson will be a key player to watch if the Jags are to have a successful 2020. With D.J. Chark Jr. and Brandon Linder likely returning this week, the opportunities will be there for him to flourish again Week 4 and beyond, which could lead to a phenomenal season for the rookie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Not in a 10 team league, or that's what I've been told.

10 team leagues are for betas

• Like 1

I think that Robinson has played so well and consistently that it will be difficult for anyone to outplay him to eat into he share. We're not talking about a guy getting run into the ground. He's touching the ball between 15-20 per game.

He's looked very good and with no pre-season. It is fair to ask how much better will he look in week 5 or 6?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I think that Robinson has played so well and consistently that it will be difficult for anyone to outplay him to eat into he share. We're not talking about a guy getting run into the ground. He's touching the ball between 15-20 per game.

He's looked very good and with no pre-season. It is fair to ask how much better will he look in week 5 or 6?

You mean after Cinci, Hou and Det?  Pretty damn good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

Yahoo still not respecting Flames RB1nson with their projections 

They'll adjust it. They ranked him as the #11 flex player this week but he's projected for 10 points. That doesn't add up.

32 minutes ago, humanpuck said:

You mean after Cinci, Hou and Det?  Pretty damn good

Well, yeah. Week 5 or 6. He benefited from having no one looking over his shoulder as he learned on the fly. Now when they come back they need to get up to speed while he's out there getting **** done in good matchups.

14 minutes ago, collucho said:

They'll adjust it. They ranked him as the #11 flex player this week but he's projected for 10 points. That doesn't add up.

They're always quick to erased their mistake hype trains and slow to get on board with situations they need to truly analyze. They will tell you he's good when it's been too late by about four or five weeks.

• Like 1

ESPN+ Fantasy football rankings for rest of 2020 NFL season: Goff rising, OBJ falling

RB Stock Up

James Robinson, Jacksonville Jaguars: Does it matter that he went undrafted in both real life and in fantasy this season? Nope. The Illinois State product sees ample volume and there is no hint of a timeshare or committee. Enjoy this RB2 and stop dreaming about Ryquell Armstead.

image.png.8d758691a494d91bdb341f5ac34d0c79.png

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

Yahoo still not respecting Flames RB1nson with their projections 

Flames RB1nson???

Yeah, I'm using this.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

DUH-DUH-DUH-DUH---DUH---DUH-DUH-DUUUH

240?cb=20170505231129

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

If there has been one player who has been consistent for the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2020 it’s been undrafted rookie James Robinson, who currently looks like one of the league’s top running backs. He’s been a force for the team after many were scratching their heads about their decision to waive Leonard Fournette, who was a former first-round selection for them.

Robinson was a player whose name kept coming up in training camp after impressing the media and staff, and when the pads went on, he really caught Doug Marrone’s eyes. During Monday’s meeting with the media, the veteran head coach said Robinson’s performance in pass protection drills particularly intrigued him and made him further research the young tailback.

“When we started doing some one-on-ones in pass protection during training camp, I was like, ‘holy cow.’ I didn’t realize how good he was at covering guys up, bodying them up, and seeing the strength and explosion he had. Then I went back and looked at the weight room stuff and looked at that. He’s one of our most explosive players, I found that out during training camp. Then it was a matter of finding out if this guy is going to hold on to the football when he gets hit in the NFL and I think that he’s proven that,” Marrone said.

“I knew he could catch and I think he’s a guy that can do everything. He can be a three-down back, he can protect, he can catch out of the backfield, obviously he can run the football. It’s a lot of things that he does [for the offense] and it will be interesting to see how he does as the season goes and being able to take care of your body.”

Marrone has always been about physicality, so it’s not shocking that Robinson’s skill set in protection intrigued him. However, due to a hamstring injury with Devine Ozigbo and Ryquell Armstead, Robinson was propelled into the No. 1 spot on the depth chart Week 1. Once he received it, Robinson never looked back.

Even in the Jags’ embarrassing showing against the Miami Dolphins, Robinson showed up and led the team in receiving yards with 83. He also garnered the Jags’ only two rushing touchdowns on Thursday. Prior, he had 210 total yards under his belt, playing a huge role in the Jags’ Week 1-2 showings.

As Marrone said, Robinson will be a key player to watch if the Jags are to have a successful 2020. With D.J. Chark Jr. and Brandon Linder likely returning this week, the opportunities will be there for him to flourish again Week 4 and beyond, which could lead to a phenomenal season for the rookie.

Seems like we have a RB1 here. Leggo!

• Like 1

*That's my running back, that's my RB1, that's my guy*  😢 

Terrell Owens voice 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 8:11 AM, Spyplane said:

DUH-DUH-DUH-DUH---DUH---DUH-DUH-DUUUH

240?cb=20170505231129

Ah, fellow man of culture. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rotocious said:

This hype train just continues to pick up speed

I don't think a train is big enough or fast enough anymore. We all need something better, bigger and faster. 🚀 

• Thanks 1

Is it still considered hype once 3 games have passes and he's firmly been a top 10 RB/WR?  I view him as a legit RB1-RB2, allowing for some fall off as youngsters hit the wall.  I'll be starting him until after he hits it and maybe the next game too.

40 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I don't think a train is big enough or fast enough anymore. We all need something better, bigger and faster. 🚀 

Hype Bullet Train?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Hype Rocket 2 da moon!!!!1!

33 minutes ago, JAG said:

Is it still considered hype once 3 games have passes and he's firmly been a top 10 RB/WR?  I view him as a legit RB1-RB2, allowing for some fall off as youngsters hit the wall.  I'll be starting him until after he hits it and maybe the next game too.

There won’t be a wall. If you’ve watched him play then you see he’s the total package. Aggressive/decisive cuts up field off the run or catch, great balance, strong, great hands, excellent pass protector, extremely motivated, doesn’t smile and might be a robot...etc. I mean the list goes on. By far my favorite player to root for this season and thrilled to have on every team 

• Like 1