DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

Hope marrone and gruden are fired after this game.  Why put in thompson 1st and goal?  Automatically signals that youre passing and then run three passes from the five!  Terrible play calling in general all game. 

• Like 7

Hey yeah more totes... thanks coaches...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GurleyMan said:

Hope marrone and gruden are fired after this game.  Why put in thompson 1st and goal?  Automatically signals that youre passing and then run three passes from the five!  Terrible play calling in general all game. 

13 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Terrible play calling today by Gruden.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I might have to bench him going forward. [...] the Jags don’t use him properly.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

1 hour ago, GurleyMan said:

Trade Trade Trade!! Get good value. All 3 leagues have him are 10th round keeper. I love him but 34 trash can thompson in way to much today.

He'd been great... my issue this clunker on the gd heels of saying he will get the rock more!? Smokescreen or real going to get carries?

On 10/10/2020 at 8:48 PM, fantasymad said:

Houston giving up 190 yds and over a TD per game to RB. 27.5 fantasy pts!!! Pound. The. Rock. 

Jinxed him guys my bad. No way he should of had 13 carries this game though. Awful play calling.

What happened to Gruden touting more 4th quarter touches?! Today was extremely disappointing, prime juicy matchup and can’t break double digits.

Thanks jags for constantly throwing the ball inside the 5 yard line.

Just now, Sizzlebshu said:

Peripherals were good on this game. Robinson just didn't have a good game. It happens. 

He had ok yards but 13 carries ain't gonna get it done especially when they aren't on the 1 yard line... prime example why fantasy football so effed up...

Eh this is exactly why people were saying not to get overexcited about JRob — the limitations of this team and coaching staff are just always going to cap him as an upside RB2.

If not for that silly wildcat play this wouldn’t have been a bad “down” game for a guy you got for free.

17 minutes ago, hard1 said:

He had ok yards but 13 carries ain't gonna get it done especially when they aren't on the 1 yard line... prime example why fantasy football so effed up...

He had five targets and only caught two (18 total touches). I guarantee if he catches the other three, no one is bitching about his performance. 

Edited by Sizzlebshu
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

He had five targets and only caught two (18 total touches). I guarantee if he catches the other three, no one is bitching about his performance. 

I'd still be unhappy with it, albeit a little less unhappy. The biggest problem is that the coaches fed all week that they recognized he needed more touches, even in negative game scripts. They immediately followed that up with giving him fewer touches - before the game was out of hand. And on 1st and goal at the 4 yard line, they attempted 3 passes in a row, missed all of them. It's this kind of poor play calling, on the heels of saying the things that were said, that I think us Robinson owners are most upset with.

This has definitely soured my JRob love affair - and not anything to do with JRob, but it pretty clearly shatters my rose-colored glasses and brings home the reality that this is a bad team with horrible coaching/play calling. (Chark was barely involved tonight). Which we all should have seen coming. Which we were all warned about. Which we (or at least I) mostly ignored - because somehow JRob survived a bad team with bad coaching pretty well through 4 weeks.

So yeah, the RB1 declarations may have been optimistic. And the reality sinking in is that it's more likely RB2 with weekly RB1 upside potential. Depending on league size, of course. Ranging from 10 teamers to 20 teamers, accordingly.

Before Sunday: He's an undrafted rookie on a bad team. He's gonna feast RB1 ALL SZN 4evaaaaa!

After Sunday: He's an undrafted rookie on a bad team. Low end RB2 at best, sell high now!

I hope none of you raise children the way you hype fantasy players.

Robinson is like a 3 year old who can add and subtract, but you're dogging him because he can't do algebra yet.

• Haha 1

He's A solid rb2 ROS. He doesn't have the system or the qb to ascend to rb1 status. 

You guys are out of your minds.

He just scored double digits.  His worst game of the season so far, is 10 points.  On 18 touches.

After Week 5 is over, he'll still be RB6 on the season right now.  We're 40% of the way through the regular season people.  RB6, 18 touches, double digit points, NOT INJURED.

Dalvin Cook just hurt his groin.
CEH scored 1 point more than JRob, and their game was a shootout.
Zeke/DAL just lost Dak
Chubb went down last week.

Name me the 12 RBs you'd rather have.

Kamara, CMC, Jones, Carson... uhh... Maybe Henry?
CEH I get, Cook based on the groin sure, Zeke, yeah.  Hunt probably, based on your expectation of Chubb returning.
That's 8, I could fully understand.
Conner and Mostert... Umm, I wouldn't fault anyone for those 2.

After that, it's a lot of coin flips.
Jacobs? Mixon? Taylor? Gibson, Gurley? Singletary? RoJo? Montgomery? Gordon?

All personal opinion.  

Even after week 5, JRob is still comfortably in that group of names I just mentioned.  How you order them will vary every week because of recency bias.
Anyone could make an argument for those 9, but no stronger than I could make for Robinson to be at the top of that same 'tier' if we want to call it that.

Locked in my lineup until something changes.  Whether you label him as RB1, 2 or 5, means nothing to me.  If you have him, you have to be stacked at RB to not be playing him every week.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

You guys are out of your minds.

He just scored double digits.  His worst game of the season so far, is 10 points.  On 18 touches.

After Week 5 is over, he'll still be RB6 on the season right now.  We're 40% of the way through the regular season people.  RB6, 18 touches, double digit points, NOT INJURED.

Dalvin Cook just hurt his groin.
CEH scored 1 point more than JRob, and their game was a shootout.
Zeke/DAL just lost Dak
Chubb went down last week.

Name me the 12 RBs you'd rather have.

Kamara, CMC, Jones, Carson... uhh... Maybe Henry?
CEH I get, Cook based on the groin sure, Zeke, yeah.  Hunt probably, based on your expectation of Chubb returning.
That's 8, I could fully understand.
Conner and Mostert... Umm, I wouldn't fault anyone for those 2.

After that, it's a lot of coin flips.
Jacobs? Mixon? Taylor? Gibson, Gurley? Singletary? RoJo? Montgomery? Gordon?

All personal opinion.  

Even after week 5, JRob is still comfortably in that group of names I just mentioned.  How you order them will vary every week because of recency bias.
Anyone could make an argument for those 9, but no stronger than I could make for Robinson to be at the top of that same 'tier' if we want to call it that.

Locked in my lineup until something changes.  Whether you label him as RB1, 2 or 5, means nothing to me.  If you have him, you have to be stacked at RB to not be playing him every week.

Sure this will get deleted because somehow my post always do but to sort of add to you point. I have Robinson, CEH, Mostert, and Conner. I am already trying to figure out which one to bench next week and I was leaning towards Robinson due to him being on the Jags BUT ... they play Detroit next week who according to my league is 29th against the run. So here I am thinking I need to play Robinson next week. It’s not like CEH has torn it up. Would you still play him over my other choices?

I was shocked to see Chris Thompson being in on two separate goal-to-go drives, neither of which were in hurry up mode. Inexcusable that James Robinson was not in on those drives.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Peripherals were good on this game. Robinson just didn't have a good game. It happens. 

He didn't have a good game last week either.

24 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

He didn't have a good game last week either.

He had 12 pts in 1/2 ppr. That’s pretty solid. Not great but not bad