Rotoworld.com Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

8 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

Way more RB3 than RB1 on this dumpster fire of a team. 

So you just Go from RB1 straight to RB3? lol. I’d love to hear 20 other RBs than you’d start over him. Most were obviously a bit too high on him but he still falls in the middle of the RB2 range. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

Just now, KennyWoo said:

He was never an RB1.  He put up some RB1 numbers but has anyone ever projected him as a top 12 guy?  I don't think so.

What are you talking about? He’s been ranked inside the top 10 for the past two weeks straight pretty much on every fantasy site. What would that make him a RB3?

5 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

He was never an RB1.  He put up some RB1 numbers but has anyone ever projected him as a top 12 guy?  I don't think so.

Ranked 7 this week on fantasypros... if you pay attention to websites like that one. Last week he was highly ranked as well. Or are ya talking ROS? In that case hes currently 14th.

15 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

What are you talking about? He’s been ranked inside the top 10 for the past two weeks straight pretty much on every fantasy site. What would that make him a RB3?

RB 2s will sometimes have a good matchup and be ranked as a RB 1 for that week. That doesn't mean they're a RB 1. Fun shtick aside, I don't think most people here were expecting a RB 1. 

I'm accepting that he's not an RB1 and really has no chance to be. Minshew is pretty damn terrible. Awful arm strength. The Lions D stacked the box like it was Derrick Henry back there and Minshew still couldn't take advantage. That coupled with the defense being terrible seals it. 

Still a low-end RB2 with the receiving work he gets. And we got him for free.

6 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

RB 2s will sometimes have a good matchup and be ranked as a RB 1 for that week. That doesn't mean they're a RB 1. Fun shtick aside, I don't think most people here were expecting a RB 1. 

Have you read this thread or are you just stopping by now? Most people were expecting a low end RB1. Just where he was being ranked the past couple of weeks. 

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

Have you read this thread or are you just stopping by now? Most people were expecting a low end RB1. Just where he was being ranked the past couple of weeks. 

You seem to be having some trouble with some reading comprehension, because your last two sentences were addressed in my post you just quoted.

Being a RB 1 some weeks is not the same as being a season long RB 1. There were expectations of being a #1 in good matchups. As is the case with most, if not all, RB 2s. But no expectations of him being a #1 for the season. 

2 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

You seem to be having some trouble with some reading comprehension, because your last two sentences were addressed in my post you just quoted.

Being a RB 1 some weeks is not the same as being a season long RB 1. There were expectations of being a #1 in good matchups. As is the case with most, if not all, RB 2s. But no expectations of him being a #1 for the season. 

I think your the one having trouble understanding my friend. I know exactly what your saying and what I’m saying is most people were expecting him to be a low end RB1. Again go read through this thread. People were calling him a league winner after his blow up game. 

Edited by StevenSC400
Just now, StevenSC400 said:

I think your the one having trouble understand my friend. I know exactly what your saying and what I’m saying is most people were expecting him to be a low end RB1. Again go read through this thread. People were calling him a league winner after his blow up game. 

I would say finding a RB 2 off the ww for free before the season started is absolutely a league winner. But perhaps you drafted a bunch of studs and breakouts who have avoided injuries.

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

I would say finding a RB 2 off the ww for free before the season started is absolutely a league winner. But perhaps you drafted a bunch of studs and breakouts who have avoided injuries.

A RB2 off waivers is nice but it’s not a league winner. Getting someone like Arian foster back in the day off waivers is a league winner as an example.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

A RB2 off waivers is nice but it’s not a league winner. Getting someone like Arian foster back in the day off waivers is a league winner as an example.

Fair enough. Just a matter of different perspectives I guess.

Even with his bad outing today he's going to finish somewhere around #10 rb for the week in ppr leagues (with SNF and MNF still to go). Which means the ranking of being a #1 rb this week was entirely justified. Sure, you can say he only had his day saved with the garbage time touchdown, but that still means he was in the game for the garbage time touchdown. Lots of players get garbage time points. He was still out there catching passes as the game was winding down. He was still getting targets. He was on the field when they finally sniffed the end zone. Yeah, I wanted more, but I see today as an absolute win owners have to be happy with. 

3 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Fair enough. Just a matter of different perspectives I guess.

Even with his bad outing today he's going to finish somewhere around #10 rb for the week in ppr leagues (with SNF and MNF still to go). Which means the ranking of being a #1 rb this week was entirely justified. Sure, you can say he only had his day saved with the garbage time touchdown, but that still means he was in the game for the garbage time touchdown. Lots of players get garbage time points. He was still out there catching passes as the game was winding down. He was still getting targets. He was on the field when they finally sniffed the end zone. Yeah, I wanted more, but I see today as an absolute win owners have to be happy with. 

Just now, oresteszero said:

Why are you guys complaining about him? He produces every week. He's also involved in the passing game. 

I’m basically saying what you guys are saying. I quoted someone earlier that said people were thinking he’s a RB1 but is more like a RB3. When in reality he’s probably a RB2 even though we won’t know for sure till the season is over. And I’m happy with that. It’s just sometimes you also fall for the hype and hope you find that next Arian foster type off waivers that can win the league for you. Which is what a lot were hoping for in this thread especially after his two big games in week 2 and 3. 

I think he is more like a top 20 RB. His ranks the last 2 weeks have been way too high. One fact that us JRob owners can't escape is that he plays for the Jags. 

Not exactly great playoff matchups either. 

Week 14 Ravens

Week 15 Bears

Edited by fantasymad
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Not sure he's a league winner. I have no problem rolling him out as a weekly flex.