Rotoworld.com Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

22 minutes ago, jhomes55 said:

How's everyone feeling this week against the Chargers?

JRob is getting 12-16 touches a game, but he's become TD dependent.

Minshew looks bad and they have been playing from behind lately....

12-16 Touches???

He had a MINIMUM of 16 touches EVERY single week so far (Average for him is exactly 18)

How dare you doubting the mighty Flames RB1son... Starting with confidence (And also still waiting for CMC so kinda need him lol)

• Like 4
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, jhomes55 said:

Not confident at all. Sat him down this week with a cross-country visit to a team with a defense that’s getting healthier and could be getting two DL back this weekend. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, jhomes55 said:

Better PPR play IMO- getting 4-6 targets a game, but this game has sneaky shootout potential...or garbage time. 

i feel i have no choice but to flex this week...im hoping minshew can step his game up...they have the weapons...chargers are stingy and bite hard on the underneath stuff...when the buccs faced them brady went deep a ton...could be a good game for dj if minshew can get right

3 minutes ago, brosephd said:

hope he gets a lot of involvement in the passing game this week. 

1 minute ago, Andy Mick said:

I’m expecting a big PPR game from JRob. Thinking 20+ points. 

I'm hoping the same. Dude is a monster on those short dump passes. Hopefully Gruden has realized it after getting blown out the last couple games. 

1 minute ago, trolltoll said:

I'm hoping the same. Dude is a monster on those short dump passes. Hopefully Gruden has realized it after getting blown out the last couple games. 

I hope so too man... they need to use him more and not CT

The Jags need to stay competitive throughout the game.  They have been falling behind early, which game scripts Robinson out.  In a regular, close game, he should be getting close to 20 carries plus receptions as the centerpiece of the offense.  Instead, they get crushed in the beginning and Minshew starts chucking it.

We'll see what happens this week but I don't really like the matchup.  Chargers D is getting back 2 key DL and Herbert looks real good.  Can definitely see a repeat of the last few weeks.

Week by week I hate watching the Jags offense more and more, but I still love this kid.

One positive coming out of last week is that in an even bigger blowout than the week before, his snap share rose from 57% to 69%. I was shocked to see he had caught a TD in the 4 qtr because I had turned off the game, assuming it was going to be the Thompson show again. He's getting more hurry up, obvious pass down work as the weeks go on.

• Like 1

The only real plus that JRob has (aside from being a pretty good player) is that he is a 3 down back and his snap share.  Everything else I can think of is a negative.  His team stinks.  His defense stinks (which is good for the WRs on the team, but bad for the RB).  The OLine is shaky.  The QB is inconsistent and kills drives.  I mean....if any of these turns around we will have something here, but it's just so frustrating.  He could be so much better.

Instead of rooting this guy on, we should actually be rooting for everything around him to improve.

• Like 1

I’m glad you guys are confident. I’m just not. In my league, the Chargers have given up the 5th fewest points to RBs, and Robinson didn’t light up the board with nice matchups the last two weeks. And now LAC is looking to get Ingram and Jones back on the DL this week. I’m having a difficult time being optimistic. And with plenty of depth on both of my rosters, I have other options for this week. 

32 minutes ago, USWAY said:

Week by week I hate watching the Jags offense more and more, but I still love this kid.

One positive coming out of last week is that in an even bigger blowout than the week before, his snap share rose from 57% to 69%. I was shocked to see he had caught a TD in the 4 qtr because I had turned off the game, assuming it was going to be the Thompson show again. He's getting more hurry up, obvious pass down work as the weeks go on.

I thought the same that it was a good sign they were checking him in for those situations. A lot of people were saying it was a fluke, but if they are putting him in some of those situations even when trailing I wouldn't say it was such a fluke. 

1 minute ago, kp96 said:

The only real plus that JRob has (aside from being a pretty good player) is that he is a 3 down back and his snap share...

I mean...those are pretty amazing reasons to love a guy, no? That's a HUGE plus. What do you mean we "could" have something here? We've got ourselves a gem.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

I’m glad you guys are confident. I’m just not. In my league, the Chargers have given up the 5th fewest points to RBs, and Robinson didn’t light up the board with nice matchups the last two weeks. And now LAC is looking to get Ingram and Jones back on the DL this week. I’m having a difficult time being optimistic. And with plenty of depth on both of my rosters, I have other options for this week. 

No, you are correct. Literally nothing likeable about this matchup. But, we know he is a solid back and can absolutely bank on volume and RZ work.

Just got roll with that and hope the Jags surprise and Minshew picks himself up. LAC has been very kind to both QBs and WRs, so that is at least something.

• Like 1
Just now, AnonymousRob said:

I mean...those are pretty amazing reasons to love a guy, no? That's a HUGE plus. What do you mean we "could" have something here? We've got ourselves a gem.

He is ok, and phenomenal considering the draft capital used to get him (or if you got him as a pickup).  What I meant was that he could be doing much more than he is.  Some of his carry numbers are so low, and it's because of game script and his crap team.

You always want a talented player, but there are very few players that can do it on their own.  Probably nobody can.  I mean, how do you think CMC or Derrick Henry would be doing on the Jets?  They would be ok but their stats would be nowhere near what they get now.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

No, you are correct. Literally nothing likeable about this matchup. But, we know he is a solid back and can absolutely bank on volume and RZ work.

Just got roll with that and hope the Jags surprise and Minshew picks himself up. LAC has been very kind to both QBs and WRs, so that is at least something.

I can flex other guys like Chark or Boyd or Gibson or Diontae in one league. I trust all four of those more this week at the moment (might change my mind later lol). And I wonder how the addition of Melvin Ingram will affect the Jags’ passing game. 

5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I don't like the matchup either, but the one likeable thing is that the Chargers are 1-4.  Jags may be able to stay competitive and JRob may get more work than he has been getting.

18 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

That's the funny thing about stats though....it could be argued that the only reason the Chargers are ranked fifth is because they haven't faced James Robinson yet.😉

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

That's the funny thing about stats though....it could be argued that the only reason the Chargers are ranked fifth is because they haven't faced James Robinson yet.😉

I like your positive thinking!

1 hour ago, wayzupusc said:

Well, they've played Mixon, CEH, Mike Davis, Rojo, and Kamara.  I believe all these guys except maybe Mixon are top 10 in points per game.  If the Chargers are 5th against these guys, that's not good for JRob.