DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Well, they've played Mixon, CEH, Mike Davis, Rojo, and Kamara.  I believe all these guys except maybe Mixon are top 10 in points per game.  If the Chargers are 5th against these guys, that's not good for JRob.

In my half PPR, Kamara is the only one in the top 10 in ppg for the season. In weekly order, Mixon put up 5.9, CEH 10.0, Davis 19.1, RoJo 15.8, Kamara 15.9 (again, my half PPR). 

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

In my half PPR, Kamara is the only one in the top 10 in ppg for the season. In weekly order, Mixon put up 5.9, CEH 10.0, Davis 19.1, RoJo 15.8, Kamara 15.9 (again, my half PPR). 

Interesting.  Not sure how Yahoo has them as giving up the 5th least points to RBs then.  Maybe they haven't given up points to the other backs on those teams.

Edited by kp96

16 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Interesting.  Not sure how Yahoo has them as giving up the 5th least points to RBs then.  Maybe they haven't given up points to the other backs on those teams.

My main league is on FleaFlicker, and they have LAC ranked 5th against other RBs. Maybe it's a matter of the first game two games before injuries really hit the Chargers. With Davis, there was not really any other RB involvement (and he caught 8 passes that game)...with RoJo there was very little other RB involvement...with Kamara, Murray also chipped in 6.7 points. But now Ingram and Jones are trending to play this weekend...last I heard anyway. 

With more RB dropping (Mixon, Jones) Robinson is looking even better.

The Chargers are the 5th worst at giving up receptions to the opposing running back sitting at 39 receptions in 2020. Robinson's best talent so far has been catching passes and it really showed in the last game when the Jags FINALLY started throwing to him in the 4th quarter, and they suddenly made a run to catch up. There's plenty to be optimistic about here....

Edited by TennisDude
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, panthersfan75 said:

Chris Thompson on Covid list. Looks like Robinson is going to get as much work as he can handle.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

I dont know what Ozgibo's role was prior but is he a 3rd down back? or is JRob going to get all the touches/snaps?

1 minute ago, jpark211 said:

I dont know what Ozgibo's role was prior but is he a 3rd down back? or is JRob going to get all the touches/snaps?

he's 6'3", 230 ... so not quite a 3rd down back - he was slated as Rb1nszn's main comp after Armstead was shelved. 

i would expect Shenault to benefit most without CT.

8 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he's 6'3", 230 ... so not quite a 3rd down back - he was slated as Rb1nszn's main comp after Armstead was shelved. 

i would expect Shenault to benefit most without CT.

This. I don’t see an increased role for Robinson. Shenault will likely see his role increase, and if anything, Robinson’s may decrease as they get Ozigbo involved some. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Regardless, no CT doesn't hurt Robinson. If anything an extra 2 or 3 touches 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fingers said:

I see it as a Shenault boost because of his versatility. It’s just a guess on my part, though. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, fingers said:

If it was just no CT I would agree but Ozigbo is more of a threat to the every down work Robinson was getting than CT was. Thompson was clearly just a 3rd down back where Ozigbo was slated to compete for this job before going down. There was a report early on they were expected to split the early down work. 

• Haha 3

At least for this week, no CT is a nice boost. I would think at least 3-5 more touches for Robinson. Ozigbo hasn't played in ages, so they almost have to ease him into action.

JRob is safe this week and has a slight boost with Thompson out. Ozigbo is going to need time to work himself into the game plan and is probably only active for emergency this week.

The real concern is if JRob doesn't shine this week. He's had 2 lackluster performances the last 2 weeks, and as much as we love him for the performance he's given us as an undrafted rookie waiver pickup, he's not a veteran lock all season. If he doesn't produce this week, I can definitely see Marrone working Ozigbo into the game plan over the bye week and attempting a more 60/40 to 70/30-ish RBBC for at least a few weeks to see what Ozigbo brings to the table.

We all see with our own eyes that the Jaguars move much better down the field when they give Robinson the ball. Whether Marrone commits to that or not long-term is my biggest concern.

• Like 3

If he stays in on 3rd and longs now he's a goldmine, jags will be trailing and Minshew was peppering Thompson on 3rd downs

10 minutes ago, Prezkot said:

JRob is safe this week and has a slight boost with Thompson out. Ozigbo is going to need time to work himself into the game plan and is probably only active for emergency this week.

The real concern is if JRob doesn't shine this week. He's had 2 lackluster performances the last 2 weeks, and as much as we love him for the performance he's given us as an undrafted rookie waiver pickup, he's not a veteran lock all season. If he doesn't produce this week, I can definitely see Marrone working Ozigbo into the game plan over the bye week and attempting a more 60/40 to 70/30-ish RBBC for at least a few weeks to see what Ozigbo brings to the table.

We all see with our own eyes that the Jaguars move much better down the field when they give Robinson the ball. Whether Marrone commits to that or not long-term is my biggest concern.

Yeah, Ozigbo is definitely going to be worked in, but like you said, we may see more of it in week 9. I’m curious to see how the touches shake out tomorrow. 

• Haha 2

The only person that hurt Robinson value is Chuckie’s Little Bro. 

3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

This. I don’t see an increased role for Robinson. Shenault will likely see his role increase, and if anything, Robinson’s may decrease as they get Ozigbo involved some. 

Why on earth would Robinson's role decrease when he's been one of their best players offense if not the best? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I just traded this guy so expect 20 fantasy pts this weekend. The Chargers for some reason have the 2nd fewest team RB carries against them in the league. Not sure if that is game script related but those numbers are skewed to make their run D look better than it is in my humble opinion. 

Edited by fantasymad

15 minutes ago, fantasymad said:

I just traded this guy so expect 20 fantasy pts this weekend. The Chargers for some reason have the 2nd fewest team RB carries against them in the league. Not sure if that is game script related but those numbers are skewed to make their run D look better than it is in my humble opinion. 

Part of that is Herbert being so good. 4-300+ yard games in a row right? That means the opposing team has to throw to keep pace. On a bright note, as I mentioned earlier, the Chargers D has given up the 4th most receptions to running backs so far. And JRob keeps improving in catching the ball. In fact, it's the best thing going for the Jags offense by far for a few games. And it's completely underutilized. We'll see if those two things collide hopefully Sunday.

Edited by MrPositive

3 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Why on earth would Robinson's role decrease when he's been one of their best players offense if not the best? 

They’re not going to keep giving a rookie the percentage of carries he’s received. I don’t believe he’s going to lose 5-8 touches...but I can see him losing 2-3 a game. Robinson is going to hit the rookie wall at some point later in the season, and I believe they’ll try to save some of that 2020 thread. 

And frankly, he’s struggled the last two weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, ponchsox said:

He has had an incredible soft schedule against the run and aside from weeks 2 and 3 hasn’t done much with it. The last two weeks he played two bottom 5 run defenses and didn’t look good in either game. Now they are getting back a HB that was expected to compete with him for touches before injury. I don’t believe it will hurt him too much this game. Specially since Thompson is out but down the road it could be a problem. 

• Haha 3