DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Nope...don’t sell. And yes...he’s still an RB1. 

What category of RB1 do you have? Carson, Connor area? This is his first big game with volume. We knew was involved with the passing game, but who knows how high his ceiling is right now

1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

Robinson is great, but this offense is trash. The Chargers foolishly chose to not stack the box and instead focused on stopping the passing game. Minshew is trash. Let him throw. Just stop Robinson. 

He did throw, right to Robinson

Just now, JacobThunder15 said:

He did throw, right to Robinson

He caught 4 for 18 yards... Most of the damage was done on the ground. Put 8 - 9 in the box and the jags will lose. Minshew is not good. 

Just now, Kaii23 said:

He caught 4 for 18 yards... Most of the damage was done on the ground. Put 8 - 9 in the box and the jags will lose. Minshew is not good. 

So what about Ekeler or Saquon last year? They can only do so much. If you saw the game, Robinson was running through people

• Like 2

Rotoworld still thinks he's an RB2. 🙄

'Robinson's day was aided by the fact that there wasn't a true healthy backup running back, but he's earned high-end RB2 treatment'

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

What category of RB1 do you have? Carson, Connor area? This is his first big game with volume. We knew was involved with the passing game, but who knows how high his ceiling is right now

Hes had another 30 point week before this one.

52 minutes ago, Rotocious said:

Hes had another 30 point week before this one.

With 2 TDs on 11 carries. This is the first time the workhorse role was being implemented 

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

'Robinson's day was aided by the fact that there wasn't a true healthy backup running back, but he's earned high-end RB2 treatment'

I don't doubt this is true, but is there a backup RB in sight? Ozigbo is back and he barely played. Chris Thompson has COVID now I think? So he's out for the foreseeable future. Plus he showed this game that he can handle a full load. I just don't see them going back to as large a split with Thompson or a Thompson-lite.

I have him right on the RB1/RB2 border, in a group that includes Gurley, Connor, Miles Sanders.  He has usage and talent on his side, but too many problems surrounding him (QB, defense, etc.) to have him any higher.

1 minute ago, The 7th Beatles said:

incredible ... i mean, we all know his output, and it was buoyed by the Miami/Charger games - but that puts it in very stark perspective.

the performance yesterday was surreal ... this is a very special talent, with a yuuuuge motor. 

kid's hungry, too. 

counting the days 'til we get Houston out the bye ✌

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

incredible ... i mean, we all know his output, and it was buoyed by the Miami/Charger games - but that puts it in very stark perspective.

the performance yesterday was surreal ... this is a very special talent, with a yuuuuge motor. 

kid's hungry, too. 

Seriously he is definitely in the RB1 conversation. Getting 15-18 touches on a weekly basis with TD upside. You can't ask for more

1 hour ago, harck said:

I don't doubt this is true, but is there a backup RB in sight? Ozigbo is back and he barely played. Chris Thompson has COVID now I think? So he's out for the foreseeable future. Plus he showed this game that he can handle a full load. I just don't see them going back to as large a split with Thompson or a Thompson-lite.

There is Dare Owhateverhislastnameis, but he’s terrible and not even the threat CT was to take touches. 

Edited by Flyman75

40 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

kid's hungry, too. 

And with all the RBs dropping like flies...just stay healthy, young buck. Just stay healthy. Lol. 

1 hour ago, harck said:

Ozigbo got hurt in his extremely, extremely limited playing time as well

4 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

Ozigbo got hurt in his extremely, extremely limited playing time

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Imagine if Flames RB1nson played on just an average NFL offense. He would be a monster.

2 hours ago, harck said:

I've seen that he could handle the full load from the previous games.  He looked clearly better in those downs that Thompson would normally play, but did not for whatever reason.  He's a 3-down back and only needs a backup for insurance and to give him a little respite from all the running they should be force feeding him.  If I was the coach, I'd trust his legs way more than Minshew's arm.

2 hours ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Must be PPR...  In Non-PPR Henry has more.

The above stat is a bit misleading if you consider who you want on your team come playoff time since it doesn't account for missed games.  Luckily, our Mr. Robinson is pretty good when you look at average points per game.  The top tier of 5 RB range from 23.2 to 19.5 ppg, I'm sure you can guess who they are and it is including one guy who's only played 2 games this year.

At the top of the heap of the next tier stands an undrafted free-agent playing on one of the worst teams in the league with horrible game scripts.  He's scoring 15.2 ppg.  The next guy on the list is at 14.3 ppg with separation between the long list of guys below is less than 0.3 ppg.

If he was on a semi-decent team I think it would be hard to assume he wouldn't be in that top group.

Y'all can complain whether he deserves to be called a RB1 or RB2, and how much better he could be on a better team.

I'm just going to sit over here and enjoy a highly productive running back I got on the waivers for free in a year where so many other RBs have been injured or ineffective.

See y'all Week 9.

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Look at his previous two games. He was complete garb running the ball. His team is trash and most games he'll be in negative game scripts. He is an rb2. 

Edited by Kaii23
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Look at his previous two games. He was complete garb running the ball. His team is trash and most games he'll be in negative game scripts. He is an rb2. 

I do agree that he didn't perform well last 2 games. But couple of factors to keep in mind: (1) DJ Chark was injured and just came back 2 weeks ago; (2) defenses stacked the box against Minshew; (3) CT was not on the covid list.

If you look at his usage this past weekend against LAC, Robinson was literally on most if not all of the snaps, basically assuming CT's 3rd down role. Chargers didn't stack the boxes at much which gave Robison more running lanes. But even other teams do stack the boxes, as long as CT is out and Robinson gets 3rd down and used in 2 minute drills, he definitely has the skills to be in the RB1 tier (can't forget garbage time points) Once DJ Chark gets his groove back and the offense develops a solidified identity, I see tons of value for our boy Robinson.

Edited by jpark211

32 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Name 12 RBs you’d rather have moving forward... I guarantee you at least half of them have had multiple games as bad or worse as JRob’s previous two performances from a production standpoint.

He’s had at least 3 catches in every game since week 1, so while positive gamescripts obviously help, your take is extremely narrow-minded and doesn’t  add up.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Name 12 RBs you’d rather have moving forward... I guarantee you at least half of them have had multiple games as bad or worse as JRob’s previous two performances from a production standpoint.

He’s had at least 3 catches in every game since week 1, so while positive gamescripts obviously help, your take is extremely narrow-minded and doesn’t  add up.

I can name about 7 or 8, but I think I'd be wrong about 2-3 of them.