DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Robinson has scored more fantasy points and is averaging more PPG than Conner.

In my full point ppr they're both tied. You can't count conner's first game because he left after 1 quarter. Conner has had a higher floor tho. Which is what is most important in head to head. Especially come playoff time. No bad games like Robinson. 

Edited by Kaii23
  • Haha 3

I think we may have a confusion between the difference between a RB1 and a Tier 1 RB.  RB1 means that he is likely your team's best RB option.  This is true for at least the top 12 RB in the league (for a 12 team league).  It may actually include more since someone may have stacked a couple top-12 RB.

I don't think many making the claim that he is a RB1 are making the claim that he is a Tier 1 RB.  I think it is clear that he is not, but I do think he is a RB1, and likely Tier 2 RB even given the obvious limitations of his team.  Whether he could be a Tier 1 RB on a better team is a valid hypothetical.

Edited by fbi314159
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

I think we may have a confusion between the difference between a RB1 and a Tier 1 RB.  RB1 means that he is likely your team's best RB option.  This is true for at least the top 12 RB in the league (for a 12 team league).  It may actually include more since someone may have stacked a couple top-12 RB.

I don't think many making the claim that he is a RB1 are making the claim that he is a Tier 1 RB.  I think it is clear that he is not, but I do think he is a RB1, and likely Tier 2 RB even given the obvious limitations of his team.

When people say RB1 what they mean is that player will finish in the top 10-12 range of RBs by season end. Since most fantasy leagues are 10-12 teams. I think your confusing yourself with these “tiers”.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Im not seeing your point here?

14 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Theres plenty of people who agree with this, Henry has more upside, but and you can say 100% Robinson is Henry is the safe RB1 play. You know the reception will be there, and He has the talent to win you a every week.

6 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

In my full point ppr they're both tied. You can't count conner's first game because he left after 1 quarter. Conner has had a higher floor tho. Which is what is most important in head to head. Especially come playoff time. No bad games like Robinson. 

Conner has missed 16 games due to injury in the last two seasons. Dunno if he's brittle or just unlucky, but unless you play in a league that gives bonuses for time spent in the training room Conner has the lower floor an it's not close.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Huh? They’re not tied.

Robinson has caught more passes per game than Conner this year, so he’s been even better in Full PPR.

Robinson: 27 in 7 games = 3.86/game

Conner: 15 in 6 games = 2.5/game

Even if you throw out the game Conner got hurt, he has 13 in 5 games = 2.6/game.

Are you just making stuff up now?

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
Typo

1 minute ago, PrestigeWW said:

Conner has missed 16 games due to injury in the last two seasons. Dunno if he's brittle or just unlucky, but unless you play in a league that gives bonuses for time spent in the training room Conner has the lower floor an it's not close.

Low floor obviously doesn't include when he's not on the field. Lol. Just make sure you have his handcuff. 

3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Huh? They’re not tied.

Robinson has caught more passes per game than Conner this year, so he’s been even better in Full PPR.

Even if you throw out the game Conner got hurt, he has 13 in 5 games = 2.6/game.

Conner missed a game due to COVID. He's only played 5 games so far. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Low floor obviously doesn't include when he's not on the field. Lol. Just make sure you have his handcuff. 

Propensity to miss games or leave them early absolutely factors into fantasy scoring. You can't ignore it just because it hurts your case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Did you even read my post?

We need a downvote emoji. Thanks, like, and haha isn't enough. Also I'm going to say he ignored it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

How many RBs would you put over Robinson

👇

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Did you even read my post?

OK. I thought u were talking total points. Who cares who has the most receptions. Lol. Talking about total production. Robinson has been stuffed badly on the ground by two very mediocre defenses. He faces Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Chicago, and Baltimore in 4 of his final 6 games. It's gonna get ugly for him. Sell high. 

Edited by Kaii23
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

OK. I thought u were talking total points. Who cares who has the most receptions. Lol. Talking about total production. Robinson has been stuffed badly on the ground bt two very mediocre defenses. He faces Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Chicago, and Baltimore in 4 of his final 6 games. It's gonna get ugly for him. Sell high. 

They're not remotely close in total points either. Robinson has more receptions, more TDs, and more yards.

Edited by PrestigeWW
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

OK. I thought u were talking total points. Who cares who has the most receptions. Lol. Talking about total production. Robinson has been stuffed badly on the ground bt two very mediocre defenses. He faces Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Chicago, and Baltimore in 4 of his final 6 games. It's gonna get ugly for him. Sell high. 

I was pointing out that there is no way they are equal in points per game in your PPR league, since Robinson has been even better in that format.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

When people say RB1 what they mean is that player will finish in the top 10-12 range of RBs by season end. Since most fantasy leagues are 10-12 teams. I think your confusing yourself a with these “tiers”.

That's essentially what I said.  By this definition I do not see anyway that you could say JRob is NOT an RB1 so far this season.  You can look at total fantasy points where he's third, or you can look at average points per game where he is sixth (nonPPR).  People are saying his inconsistency makes him ineligible for RB1.  This only makes sense if they have a different definition of RB1.

Just now, SkinsChargersFan said:

I was pointing out that there is no way they are equal in points per game in your PPR league, since Robinson has been even better in that format.

In my league Robinson is at 140 through 7, games while Conner is at 102 through 5. Roughly 20 a week. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

OK. I thought u were talking total points. Who cares who has the most receptions. Lol. Talking about total production. Robinson has been stuffed badly on the ground by two very mediocre defenses. He faces Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Chicago, and Baltimore in 4 of his final 6 games. It's gonna get ugly for him. Sell high. 

lol

This guy looked awesome against the Chargers. He is clearly the Jags best player on offense. I expect the coaching staff to make adjustments, and try to make this a run first team. Might be hard to do with a bad defense, but it's a much better option than letting Minshew drop back 40 times a game. 

22 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

What kind of strange PPR league are you in where Connor and Robinson are tied? There's 40 points difference in mine...

Strange mental gymnastics 

Just now, Kaii23 said:

In my league Robinson is at 140 through 7, games while Conner is at 102 through 5. Roughly 20 a week. 

Just now, Rosenburger said:

What kind of strange PPR league are you in where Connor and Robinson are tied? There's 40 points difference in mine...

Strange mental gymnastics 

He's omitting the Connor's week 1 stats because it hurts his argument. 

21 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Huh? They’re not tied.

Sadly, that is the world we live in now. I am willing to bet he found those numbers on Facebook. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo

3 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

There is no way those numbers are correct unless your league has some weird kind of scoring that awards more points to Steelers than Jags.