DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

There is no way those numbers are correct unless your league has some weird kind of scoring that awards more points to Steelers than Jags.

Robinson has had a few pretty bad games. Conner has had no bad games. Go do your numbers again. Mine are correct. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Kaii23 said:

Robinson has had a few pretty bad games. Conner has had no bad games. Go do your numbers again. Mine are correct. 

Has Robinson gotten injured the past few years? Thats all I need given the record Conner has. He's performed well up til this point, but Id much rather ride this train with Robinson than wait to see what week my RB1 goes out with something 

7 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

There is no way those numbers are correct unless your league has some weird kind of scoring that awards more points to Steelers than Jags.

He’s ignoring Conner’s week 1 stats due to him leaving due to injury & factoring in the early bye week due to the Titans COVID outbreak. 

To say it’s an incredibly thin argument is an understatement.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rosenburger said:

What kind of strange PPR league are you in where Connor and Robinson are tied? There's 40 points difference in mine...

Strange mental gymnastics 

There's no way that there's a 40 point difference when Conner has has had no bad games and Robinson has had several. Your math is simply incorrect. Go do it again. 

Edited by Kaii23
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kaii23 said:

I own both, so I’ve paid attention to both.

I’m not down on Conner (I think he’s in the same range as Robinson), and this shouldn’t have turned into a Conner v. Robinson argument, but your creative scoring (aka making stuff up) is too easy to refute.

Even if you throw out Conner’s week one, Robinson has still outscored him per game in all PPR formats.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PrestigeWW said:

He’s ignoring Conner’s week 1 stats due to him leaving due to injury & factoring in the early bye week due to the Titans COVID outbreak. 

To say it’s an incredibly thin argument is an understatement.

It's common sense to ignore those. You can't count the game if he only plays in 1 quarter. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

There's no way that there's a 40 point difference when Conner has has had no bad games and Robinson has had several. Your math is simply incorrect. Go do it again. 

You don’t get to ignore week 1 just because you don’t like that Conner got hurt. Your argument is insane.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I own both, so I’ve paid attention to both.

I’m not down on Conner (I think he’s in the same range as Robinson), and this shouldn’t have turned into a Conner v. Robinson argument, but your creative scoring (aka making stuff up) is too easy to refute.

Even if you throw out Conner’s week one, Robinson has still outscored him per game in all PPR formats.

Please stop saying that and actually go and look at the stats. You're wrong. Lol 

4 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Please stop saying that and actually go and look at the stats. You're wrong. Lol 

I've Looked.

Full PPR: Catches/Yards/TDs = Points

Conner:

2/121/1 = 20.1

4/149/1 = 24.9

3/63/1 = 15.3

1/102/1 = 17.2

3/111/0 = 14.1

Total = 91.6/5 = 18.3 points per game

Robinson:

1/90/0 = 10.0

3/120/1 = 21.0

6/129/2 = 30.9

4/107/0 = 14.7

5/70/0 = 10.0 (-2 for fumble lost)

4/53/1 = 15.3

4/137/2 = 31.7 (+2 pt conversion)

Total = 133.6/7 = 19.1 points per game

That's even with your selective scoring by throwing out Conner's Week 1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

In 7 ppr weeks he's scored 10,11,14, and 16. That's not an rb1. James Conner is a low end rb1. He has a very solid floor. 

You’re really going to hold his first game in the NFL against him?

And so what that he’s not as consistent as you’d like? Was Aaron Jones not an RB1 last year?

42 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Quite literally looking at the scores..

2nd overall RB James Robinson - 133.6 points - 484 rush yards 4 TD's 27 receptions 225 yards 2 TD 1 2pt conversion 1 fumble

15th overall RB James Connor - 95.5 points - 451 ru yards 4 TD's 15 receptions 151 yards 0 TD's 0 2pt conversion

You're just completely off base

But yeah. let's just not count the game Connor was going 6 rushes for 9 yards and 2 receptions for 8 before Tomlin pulled him because of his attitude/booboo

Edited by Rosenburger
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

Conner missed a game due to COVID. He's only played 5 games so far. 

55 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

In my league Robinson is at 140 through 7, games while Conner is at 102 through 5. Roughly 20 a week. 

40 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

37 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Actually, YOU are wrong. Conner has played SIX games, not five. And Conner has had a game that was far worse than anything Robinson has put up. And you poo-poo Robinson’s weeks 4 and 6, and yet Conner had weeks 5 and 7 that were very similar. 

1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

In my full point ppr they're both tied. You can't count conner's first game because he left after 1 quarter. Conner has had a higher floor tho. Which is what is most important in head to head. Especially come playoff time. No bad games like Robinson. 

lol, you can't filter out games guys leave early due to injury, especially one with Conner's injury history

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

It's common sense to ignore those. You can't count the game if he only plays in 1 quarter. 

False. 

Last time I checked, Conner’s numbers counted for his fantasy teams that day. And any average you look at will include that week. ANY average. You’re cherry picking. 

Edited by Flyman75
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

False. 

Last time I checked, Conner’s numbers counted for his fantasy teams that day. And any average you look at will include that week. ANY average. You’re cherry picking. 

That's ridiculous. He played one quarter and got hurt. You can count that as a, whole game if you just want to lie to yourself. But it doesn't paint an an accurate picture. 

24 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I've Looked.

Full PPR: Catches/Yards/TDs = Points

Conner:

2/121/1 = 20.1

4/149/1 = 24.9

3/63/1 = 15.3

1/102/1 = 17.2

3/111/0 = 14.1

Total = 91.6/5 = 18.3 points per game

Robinson:

1/90/0 = 10.0

3/120/1 = 21.0

6/129/2 = 30.9

4/107/0 = 14.7

5/70/0 = 10.0 (-2 for fumble lost)

4/53/1 = 15.3

4/137/2 = 31.7 (+2 pt conversion)

Total = 133.6/7 = 19.1 points per game

That's even with your selective scoring by throwing out Conner's Week 1.

Lol. Finally someone who can do math. Was it really that hard? They're pretty much tied. Even though in my league Conner is slightly ahead. But the difference is that Robinson has been dominated and shut down on multiple weeks while Conner has been consistently viable week to week. . That's the difference between an rb1 and a n rb2... 

Edited by Kaii23

11 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

That's ridiculous. He played one quarter and got hurt. You can count that as a, whole game if you just want to lie to yourself. But it doesn't paint an an accurate picture. 

The picture is perfectly accurate - Conner gets knicked up pretty often and it often hurts his fantasy production. If you started him week 1, he left you holding the bag. Many passed on him in drafts for this reason. Just because you choose to ignore it doesn’t mean we have to. 

Edited by PrestigeWW

9 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

I’m not the one lying to himself. Lol. Did the owner in your league get to replace Conner with a player who played a whole game? No? Then it counts. Go to whatever platform you use. Pull up the list of RBs and sort them by “average per game”, and then come back and tell all of us if Conner’s average includes that first game. I can tell you that I have two games from Diontae Johnson that definitely counted even though he exited both games very early. 

The more you argue this, the more ridiculous you look. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

And you didn’t address that Conner’s weeks 5 and 7 were very similar to Robinson’s weeks 4 and 6...two games that you pointed out as bad games. 

2 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

He catches dump off screens like basically any RB in the NFL can

Any RB except Henry...your comparison. 

8 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Lol. Finally someone who can do math. Was it really that hard? They're pretty much tied. Even though in my league Conner is slightly ahead. But the difference is that Robinson has been dominated and shut down on multiple weeks while Conner has been consistently viable week to week. . That's the difference between an rb1 and a n rb2... 

Huh?

Weeks 1 & 5 he had 10 points.

Even IF you throw out Conner’s Week 1, every other week Robinson has been better than Conner’s output this week.  Not to mention Conner hasn’t hit 25 yet, and Robinson has 2 weeks over 30.

Conner has been marginally more consistent, if at all.  And he doesn’t have the ceiling Robinson has.

3 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I’m not the one lying to himself. Lol. Did the owner in your league get to replace Conner with a player who played a whole game? No? Then it counts. Go to whatever platform you use. Pull up the list of RBs and sort them by “average per game”, and then come back and tell all of us if Conner’s average includes that first game. I can tell you that I have two games from Diontae Johnson that definitely counted even though he exited both games very early. 

The more you argue this, the more ridiculous you look. 

Well I prefer the guy who gives you the higher floor and most consistent production. I'd rather go into the playoffs with that guy. Pretty much all weekly rankings agree with me that Conners is the better bet. And as I stated earlier, Robinson has been dominated by a couple bad defenses already. What's going to happen when he faces Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Baltimore in the final 6 weeks of the season. Even if you want to call him an rb1 currently, there's a good bet that he won't be by the end of the season. 

5 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Well I prefer the guy who gives you the higher floor and most consistent production. I'd rather go into the playoffs with that guy. Pretty much all weekly rankings agree with me that Conners is the better bet. And as I stated earlier, Robinson has been dominated by a couple bad defenses already. What's going to happen when he faces Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Baltimore in the final 6 weeks of the season. Even if you want to call him an rb1 currently, there's a good bet that he won't be by the end of the season. 

Well, he just dominated a run defense that was 5th in lowest RB points allowed entering the week, at least in my league. 

And if you want the safer floor, why go with a guy who has the fragility of Conner? His floor is what you saw in week 1 because he has shown himself to not be very durable. 

If I want to call him a RB1 right now? Lol...that’s exactly what he is. You keep chirping about consistency, but you’ve yet to answer whether or not Aaron Jones was a RB1 last year. And you’ve also ignored the fact that Conner’s weeks 5 and 7 are very similar points-wise to two of the weeks (4 and 6) you listed as bad weeks by Robinson. 

• Thanks 1

wow ... this guy's been on a 3 hour fishing trip, eh?

- stop taking the bait, plz

🎣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1