DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Value plummets if they replace Minshew with Glennon.

Maybe or maybe not.... Glennon may rely on the check down as well. It's honestly hard to tell.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:


Well, he just dominated a run defense that was 5th in lowest RB points allowed entering the week, at least in my league. 

And if you want the safer floor, why go with a guy who has the fragility of Conner? His floor is what you saw in week 1 because he has shown himself to not be very durable. 

If I want to call him a RB1 right now? Lol...that’s exactly what he is. You keep chirping about consistency, but you’ve yet to answer whether or not Aaron Jones was a RB1 last year. And you’ve also ignored the fact that Conner’s weeks 5 and 7 are very similar points-wise to two of the weeks (4 and 6) you listed as bad weeks by Robinson. 

Im speaking of rb1 as a projection. If you want to base it solely on points Kenyan Drake was on the exact same level as James Robinson coming into this week. Which is a ridiculous statement. It's about what yuu should expect going forward. Based on Robinson's bad defense, bad qb, and just overall trash environment it's reasonable to assume that he's gonna have some hiccups. And these rankings are based on the assumption of health. Injuries have nothing to do with them. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Im speaking of rb1 as a projection. If you want to base it solely on points Kenyan Drake was on the exact same level as James Robinson coming into this week. Which is a ridiculous statement. It's about what yuu should expect going forward. Based on Robinson's bad defense, bad qb, and just overall trash environment it's reasonable to assume that he's gonna have some hiccups. And these rankings are based on the assumption of health. Injuries have nothing to do with them. 


No he wasn’t.

 

More creative scoring?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Im speaking of rb1 as a projection. If you want to base it solely on points Kenyan Drake was on the exact same level as James Robinson coming into this week. Which is a ridiculous statement. It's about what yuu should expect going forward. Based on Robinson's bad defense, bad qb, and just overall trash environment it's reasonable to assume that he's gonna have some hiccups. And these rankings are based on the assumption of health. Injuries have nothing to do with them. 


Are you on quaaludes? There’s no scoring system or crazy gorilla math that makes this even remotely accurate.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

wow ... this guy's been on a 3 hour fishing trip, eh?

- stop taking the bait, plz

🎣


You’re right. My bad for taking the bait...I should have known immediately from how inane the argument is. Lol. I won’t be responding to any more of his delusions :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Value plummets if they replace Minshew with Glennon.

We haven't seen real Glennon in years... he may not even be the same as he once was...and the OC is now on his third team where they have designed rb passes when he was in Cincinnati Washington and now in jville gruden has a history of rb passes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Value plummets if they replace Minshew with Glennon.

Agreed. Jags are bad enough as is. At least Minshew has the slight ability to get out of the pocket and extend drives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

No doubt. But not rb1

Depends on how badly ****** your team is I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

This guys fantasy season reminds me of Jay Ajayi in 2016. 

How so? I don’t care for that comparison 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thompson is back off the COVID list, so Jrob may get vultured again on some third downs and 3rd/4th quarter offense. I imagine the coaching staff saw how well he did against the Chargers as a workhorse and will give him more of a share of Thompson's role than before, but you never know. Also, regardless, being a 90% snap count workhorse isn't sustainable for any RB, let alone a rookie, season-long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, harck said:

Also, regardless, being a 90% snap count workhorse isn't sustainable for any RB, let alone a rookie, season-long.

 

new-team.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

new-team.jpg

 

Ya got me, but even the mighty CMC came down with a high ankle sprain (granted before this he's been iron man for a couple years). It just terrifies me when any running back not named Zeke plays a billion snaps a week. Holding my breath every 3rd and 4th quarter yank and twist.

Edited by harck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, harck said:

Thompson is back off the COVID list, so Jrob may get vultured again on some third downs and 3rd/4th quarter offense. I imagine the coaching staff saw how well he did against the Chargers as a workhorse and will give him more of a share of Thompson's role than before, but you never know. Also, regardless, being a 90% snap count workhorse isn't sustainable for any RB, let alone a rookie, season-long.

I don't know why it would take Thompson not being there to see this.  Even when Thompson was in the lineup, JRob still got plenty of pass situation opportunities and was clearly the better option in this role.  If Jax coaching staff couldn't see this, they should be fired.  Thankfully for JRob's development, it looks like they might.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fbi314159 said:

I don't know why it would take Thompson not being there to see this.  Even when Thompson was in the lineup, JRob still got plenty of pass situation opportunities and was clearly the better option in this role.  If Jax coaching staff couldn't see this, they should be fired.  Thankfully for JRob's development, it looks like they might.


Agreed, he’s a far better option than CT in the pass game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  1. 101 yards per game.
  2. 27 receptions.
  3. 6 TDs.
  4. 26th overall ranking in PPR leagues.

 

And the Jags paid him a signing bonus of $5,000. I paid a contractor more than that last month to install a new fence.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He has an extremely interesting schedule ROS. It's almost like every matchup is cake or pretty tough. I think the biggest thing here is going to be Jax continuing to go to him even when they get down, like they did last week or like the Vikings have done with Cook this year. He's is going to be huge for the playoffs push, but end of playoffs gets tough.

HOU

GB

PIT

CLE

MIN

TEN 

BAL

CHI 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, USWAY said:

He has an extremely interesting schedule ROS. It's almost like every matchup is cake or pretty tough. I think the biggest thing here is going to be Jax continuing to go to him even when they get down, like they did last week or like the Vikings have done with Cook this year. He's is going to be huge for the playoffs push, but end of playoffs gets tough.

HOU

GB

PIT

CLE

MIN

TEN 

BAL

CHI 

 

Because he has the goaline locked down and because he's also used in the passing game we can at least survive some of those tough matchups like some high usage RBs we give an auto pass to.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You all need to stop pointing out how good he has been this year, otherwise the Jacksonville front office will figure out he's talented and trade him for a mid-round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spyplane said:
  1. 101 yards per game.
  2. 27 receptions.
  3. 6 TDs.
  4. 26th overall ranking in PPR leagues.

 

And the Jags paid him a signing bonus of $5,000. I paid a contractor more than that last month to install a new fence.

Off waivers - what a nugget. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Off waivers - what a nugget. 

A lot of use didn't even need to spend FAB. Steal of the season by far, so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member