Rotoworld.com Forums

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Herbert is up there also. 

Indeed, its just that it typically is a lot easier to find a serviceable QB on the WW than a RB. Herbert has posted QB1 numbers and Robinson has posted RB1 numbers.

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 2
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non-Robinson owners and former owners who "sold high" many weeks ago continue to throw shade at a guy who is: #4 in rushing attempts among all RBs (behind Henry, Cook, Jacobs) #3 in rushing

James Robinson.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, USWAY said:

He has an extremely interesting schedule ROS. It's almost like every matchup is cake or pretty tough. I think the biggest thing here is going to be Jax continuing to go to him even when they get down, like they did last week or like the Vikings have done with Cook this year. He's is going to be huge for the playoffs push, but end of playoffs gets tough.

HOU GB PIT CLE MIN TEN BAL CHI 

I said a few weeks ago that right around now is the perfect time to sell high.  Now, some of those defenses post-HOU have softened a bit (MIN, TEN).  JRob has continued to shine, as expected.  I'm going to be thinking hard on this the next week or so.  I still think there's a good possibility he fades 2nd half and if you can get a WR1 or even high WR2 for him, you gotta think real hard about pulling that trigger.

Edited by JJ1223
2 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

I said a few weeks ago that right around now is the perfect time to sell high.  Now, some of those defenses post-HOU have softened a bit (MIN, TEN).  JRob has continued to shine, as expected.  I'm going to be thinking hard on this the next week or so.  I still think there's a good possibility he fades 2nd half and if you can get a WR1 or even high WR2 for him, you gotta think real hard about pulling that trigger.

This is what I’m considering too... he’s been fantastic and after losing out on picking up Kamara from the ww in his rookie year I swore to myself I wouldn’t miss another opportunity like that. Will he continue to produce the rest of the season? I’m sure he will, but now is a time to really cash in if you can. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
1 hour ago, JJ1223 said:

If I'm not getting Adams or DHop then no chance.  You don't trade the #3/6 overall RB (in PPR/.5 PPR) for a WR 2...  Especially when half the RBs that were drafted in the top of the draft are hurt or underperforming.  There's a million WR 2s popping up, RBs are so much harder to find.  I guess it depends on your situation but selling Robinson for a WR2 seems like a horrible move regardless of his schedule.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Gabbed said:

If I'm not getting Adams or DHop then no chance.  You don't trade the #3/6 overall RB (in PPR/.5 PPR) for a WR 2...  Especially when half the RBs that were drafted in the top of the draft are hurt or underperforming.  There's a million WR 2s popping up, RBs are so much harder to find.  I guess it depends on your situation but selling Robinson for a WR2 seems like a horrible move regardless of his schedule.

He's no3 in my half PPR. 

• Haha 1

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars coach Doug Marrone is excited about the second half of the season.

Marrone knows that may not make a lot of sense to anyone outside the organization considering the Jaguars are 1-6, have one of the league's worst defenses, and have won just three of their past 15 games dating back to last November, but that's going to be his approach -- and he said he's willing to get a little unorthodox, too. Too bad if you don't like it. And in reality it may be the only chance he has of saving his job.

"I'm not going to bulls--- anyone, I'm kind of fired up," Marrone said Tuesday. "And I know you guys are probably sitting like, 'What the hell's going on? How can this guy be fired up? They just lost six games in a row,' and I understand that. I totally do but I'm going to bust my a**, I mean I'm telling you now. I'm going to look at some things, I want to go a little bit outside the box. I want to challenge these coaches and challenge these players and see [what they can do]. I'm going to do whatever can to get the best out of this team and best out of these players.

"I'm sure people are going to mock me for that or say whatever the hell they want, but I really don't give a s---. I'm fired up. I'm going to go after it and however it falls, it falls, but it's open for me. I've done crazy s--- before. A lot of people don't know, we changed an offense four or five days prior to the opening of our season in Syracuse my last year. We just went in a whole different direction and, s---, it worked out."

Syracuse finished a disappointing 5-7 in 2011 in Marrone's third year leading the program, but the Orange rebounded in 2012 by winning six of their last seven games of the season to finish 8-5, which included a Pinstripe Bowl victory over West Virginia.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30203262/jacksonville-jaguars-doug-marrone-excited-take-box-approach-rest-season?device=featurephone

I know most people want to quarantine this comment solely to the QB position but I'm not completely sold on this. He's backed into a corner, his job is on the line. Hopefully, this cryptic talk is about them going though Robinson more but this could fall unfavorable to Robinson's stats for all we know. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30203262/jacksonville-jaguars-doug-marrone-excited-take-box-approach-rest-season?device=featurephone

I know most people want to quarantine this comment solely to the QB position but I'm not completely sold on this. He's backed into a corner, his job is on the line. Hopefully, this cryptic talk is about them going though Robinson more but this could fall unfavorable to Robinson's stats for all we know. 

Well, Robinson has been one of the very few bright spots for the Jax offense this year, so hopefully he intends to keep his role as-is in the offense, or increase it. 

35 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

A QB change is going to be bad for Robinson short term.  Teams will stack the box and force the new QB to beat them.  BUT....if he proves to be better than Minshew, then this is a plus for the end of the season.

Any change is probably going to be bad because it's hard to imagine Robinson playing a bigger role here.  He's the entire offense.  So, best case here for us is that the changes are status quo for him.

Yeah I don't know about this Marrone talk. You can't get much better than Robinson last week with his 90% snap count, tons of targets, and all kinds of different run plays. When I see "crazy" talk from a HC it usually means more jet sweeps, funky QB swaps, wildcat plays, etc... I think Robinson remains a focal point of the offense obviously, but last week was his peak in terms of offensive role. There's no getting better than that, and the hope is to maintain that level of involvement.

Edited by harck
1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

Marrone knows that may not make a lot of sense to anyone outside the organization considering the Jaguars are 1-6, have one of the league's worst defenses, and have won just three of their past 15 games dating back to last November, but that's going to be his approach

You know what to do when you have a bad defense?  Keep the ball out of your opponent's hands.  Run the ball with the guy who can chew up the field and the clock.  Stop expecting Minshew to be able to make passes.all day long.  He makes a few here and there, but I trust the ball in JRob's hands way more than Minshew's.  They should be throwing just enough to keep the defense honest.

3 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

A high WR 2 for a guy who at the moment is playing like a RB1? Lol. No offense but talk about a terrible strategy. I’d rather be wrong about Robinson the rest of the way than trade him for a WR2.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

A high WR 2 for a guy who at the moment is playing like a RB1? Lol. No offense but talk about a terrible strategy. I’d rather be wrong about Robinson the rest of the way than trade him for a WR2.

Agree.  There is no way a WR2 is equal value for him.  Bellcow, every down RBs are the most precious commodity in fantasy.  The only assets close to this are Kittle and Kelce.

45 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

You know what to do when you have a bad defense?  Keep the ball out of your opponent's hands.  Run the ball with the guy who can chew up the field and the clock.  Stop expecting Minshew to be able to make passes.all day long.  He makes a few here and there, but I trust the ball in JRob's hands way more than Minshew's.  They should be throwing just enough to keep the defense honest.

I find it interesting you quoted me in a post I didn't write. Am I losing here or what? 😄

4 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

WR2 for Robinson? I'll pass. Top 15 RBs are scarce. 

45 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Bolded the important part for you.

Part of his trade value is tied to name and team recognition (i.e., none).  I'm just being realistic with you about what you can get.

You'd rather be wrong and have the bottom fall out on your RB then be left holding a usable asset?  A strange statement from someone accusing someone else of having terrible strategy.  Good luck, though.

Jesus.  You guys act like I'm talking about trading Zeke.  We're talking about a rookie UDFA who, yes, does appear to be very talented, but still on a very small sample size.  On top of that he's surrounded by incompetents both on and off the football field.  This is who you think is going to still be carrying you 7 weeks of 90% usage from now, with your playoff life on the line, against Baltimore?  Sorry for being pragmatic.

3 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Bolded the important part for you.

Part of his trade value is tied to name and team recognition (i.e., none).  I'm just being realistic with you about what you can get.

You'd rather be wrong and have the bottom fall out on your RB then be left holding a usable asset?  A strange statement from someone accusing someone else of having terrible strategy.  Good luck, though.

WR2s are a dime a dozen. How many have been picked up off waivers this year already? How many RB1s have been picked up off waivers this year? Most teams have a rotation of WRs they can start at WR2 unless your in a deep league. But they don’t have a rotation of RB1s. So no it’s NEVER a good idea to trade the best pickup of the year for scraps. Worst case scenario your wrong you just start the WR2 your team already has. Robinson continues this rally he can be a league winner. Playing it safe won’t ever win you the chip. Getting that safe WR2 back is a prime example of that. It’s not going to win you a championship so why do it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Jesus.  You guys act like I'm talking about trading Zeke.  We're talking about a rookie UDFA who, yes, does appear to be very talented, but still on a very small sample size.  On top of that he's surrounded by incompetents both on and off the football field.  This is who you think is going to still be carrying you 7 weeks of 90% usage from now, with your playoff life on the line, against Baltimore?  Sorry for being pragmatic.

I think there are a few things at play. One, I think there's an unsaid-but-obvious sense of pride in picking a guy like Robinson up, and it's hard to let that go...for some, maybe not all. Two, there's also paranoia at play because so many RBs have gone down and/or are underperforming. So the feeling could be to hang onto all the RBs you can get your hands on because you might have the next one who ends up missing a few weeks or more. Three, even if all your RBs stay healthy, there's a fear of selling him and then watching him continue on the same track and missing out because you just didn't believe he could keep it up. Four, owners often value their own players too much. So JRob owners place a high value on him, and it's hard to get that high-end WR2 or WR1 for a RB who is, as you stated, a rookie UDFA. That stigma will be stuck to him with other owners who didn't jump on him in time, and most will probably expect the wheels to come off even into the 2021 season. 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

So far the guy your talking about has actually outplayed zeke halfway through the season. This is the problem with fantasy football. A lot of people like shinny names but no one wants a no name undrafted rookie whose playing like a top 5 RB. 

10 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

WR2s are a dime a dozen. How many have been picked up off waivers this year already? How many RB1s have been picked up off waivers this year? Most teams have a rotation of WRs they can start at WR2 unless your in a deep league. But they don’t have a rotation of RB1s. So no it’s NEVER a good idea to trade the best pickup of the year for scraps. Worst case scenario your wrong you just start the WR2 your team already has. Robinson continues this rally he can be a league winner. Playing it safe won’t ever win you the chip. Getting that safe WR2 back is a prime example of that. It’s not going to win you a championship so why do it?

Weird how something that literally, by definition has a finite number, can be "dime a dozen".  When you get late into the season and playoffs you want stability.  You want someone who you can count on every week to give you a respectable number of points.  A proven commodity.  What you don't want is to be posting up in here; "Hopefully the last two weeks were flukes!  What's going on with his usage?  Minshew doesn't even look to him anymore!  Ozigbo took all the goal line work! We need the old JRob back!" and then you're playing for 5th place because your "RB1" turned back into....... a rookie playing for the Jags.

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

I think there are a few things at play. One, I think there's an unsaid-but-obvious sense of pride in picking a guy like Robinson up, and it's hard to let that go...for some, maybe not all. Two, there's also paranoia at play because so many RBs have gone down and/or are underperforming. So the feeling could be to hang onto all the RBs you can get your hands on because you might have the next one who ends up missing a few weeks or more. Three, even if all your RBs stay healthy, there's a fear of selling him and then watching him continue on the same track and missing out because you just didn't believe he could keep it up. Four, owners often value their own players too much. So JRob owners place a high value on him, and it's hard to get that high-end WR2 or WR1 for a RB who is, as you stated, a rookie UDFA. That stigma will be stuck to him with other owners who didn't jump on him in time, and most will probably expect the wheels to come off even into the 2021 season. 

I'd give you my reasons for being hesitant to trade him right now, but I've been chastised by other members today for a couple of posts about my team (and rightfully so). :) 

Thank God someone actually gets it.

2 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Weird how something that literally, by definition has a finite number, can be "dime a dozen".  When you get late into the season and playoffs you want stability.  You want someone who you can count on every week to give you a respectable number of points.  A proven commodity.  What you don't want is to be posting up in here; "Hopefully the last two weeks were flukes!  What's going on with his usage?  Minshew doesn't even look to him anymore!  Ozigbo took all the goal line work! We need the old JRob back!" and then you're playing for 5th place because your "RB1" turned back into....... a rookie playing for the Jags.

Thank God someone actually gets it.

Dude this guy has been about as stable as it gets he’s basically had one bad week so far this year what are you talking about? Your going to assume that he won’t keep it up because he’s an “undrafted rookie” that plays for the jags? But he’s already done it for half the year lol. Anyway your clearly not seeing the point here. I wish I played in a league with you I’d gladly give you a high end WR 2 for Robinson.