DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

30 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

WR2 for Robinson? I'll pass. Top 15 RBs are scarce. 

Anyone that would make that move deserves to lose.

He's currently RB3 in PPR.

1 minute ago, this guy right here said:

He’s currently RB3 in standard scoring too. Valuable in all formats. Let’s trade him for a WR2 though.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, this guy right here said:

Espn app is showing RB2 in ppr

• Like 1

When we say rb 2 rb 3 we mean the 2nd or 3rd highest scoring running back in our leagues right? Cause usually that term rb 3 means flex at best

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hard1 said:

When we say rb 2 rb 3 we mean the 2nd or 3rd highest scoring running back in our leagues right? Cause usually that term rb 3 means flex at best

He's RB3 not a RB3.......

The context clarifies

• Like 1

I have him in all 3 of my leagues, but I had to part with him for WR help in my keeper league where we start 2 RB's and 3 WR's no flex.  Sad day, but I got DK for him straight up if anyone is wondering what kind of value he can get you.

48 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Weird how something that literally, by definition has a finite number, can be "dime a dozen".  When you get late into the season and playoffs you want stability.  You want someone who you can count on every week to give you a respectable number of points.  A proven commodity.  What you don't want is to be posting up in here; "Hopefully the last two weeks were flukes!  What's going on with his usage?  Minshew doesn't even look to him anymore!  Ozigbo took all the goal line work! We need the old JRob back!" and then you're playing for 5th place because your "RB1" turned back into....... a rookie playing for the Jags.

He sure isn't an RB1 on any of my teams. He may be my best producer at RB but I didn't have to pay a dime for that production. It would serve a lot of rosters better to simply hope that he keeps this up. There are many teams that are top contenders without him. With him, they won't be beaten if he keeps it up.

Cashing out on him makes sense in some cases. He's returning the higher end players in trade anyway at this point. There are more people buying in then skeptical of him. If you want a lot for him you can get it.

Edited by Benjamin1984

Yes.  He is THE RB2 for non-PPR and THE RB6 for points per game.  There's a 4 ppg gap between him and the top tier of RB and there is a 1 ppg gap between him and the rest of the pack who are all separated by a few tenths of a point.

RB scoring more points per game than JRob in non-PPR?  CMC, Kamara, Cook, Henry, Jones.  Even if he falls back to the pack a bit he's still a clear RB1.  If no one else respects him as a RB1 that's not my problem.  I play him as my RB2, I'm not trading him for a WR2--he has more value to keep.  Even if you thought he was a RB2, RB2's are more valuable than a WR2 in most formats (especially a RB2 that has good hands and gets the receptions) and he would clearly be a high level RB2.  Trading him for a WR2 is just crazy bad trading.

2 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

Yes.  He is THE RB2 for non-PPR and THE RB6 for points per game.  There's a 4 ppg gap between him and the top tier of RB and there is a 1 ppg gap between him and the rest of the pack who are all separated by a few tenths of a point.

RB scoring more points per game than JRob in non-PPR?  CMC, Kamara, Cook, Henry, Jones.  Even if he falls back to the pack a bit he's still a clear RB1.  If no one else respects him as a RB1 that's not my problem.  I play him as my RB2, I'm not trading him for a WR2--he has more value to keep.  Even if you thought he was a RB2, RB2's are more valuable than a WR2 in most formats (especially a RB2 that has good hands and gets the receptions) and he would clearly be a high level RB2.  Trading him for a WR2 is just crazy bad trading.

We're more than midway through the fantasy season.  At this point, people are looking at playoff matchups, and the Jaguars play Baltimore/Chicago weeks 15/16.

Also, you have to consider Doug Marrone's latest comments.  If there's a QB change, Robinson's receptions will definitely drop.

I think his trade value is peaking right now.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, wekko368 said:

We're more than midway through the fantasy season.  At this point, people are looking at playoff matchups, and the Jaguars play Baltimore/Chicago weeks 15/16.

Also, you have to consider Doug Marrone's latest comments.  If there's a QB change, Robinson's receptions will definitely drop.

This may be, but he is still worth considerably more than the WR2 people are saying here that we should be happy to get.

I don't particularly care for the Baltimore game, but the Bears one doesn't scare me as much.  I worry more about game script taking him out of play than I do his inability to produce against a tough matchup.  The Chargers were supposed to be a really tough matchup--enough so that I almost started Gibson instead (wouldn't have been a bad play either I guess).  He obviously shined in that game.  Chicago doesn't have the offense to blow the Jaguars out of the game, so I would feel confident rolling out JRob against them.

Are we talking about trading him for A wr2 or THE wr2? Because I might consider letting him go for a top 2 wr. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fbi314159 said:

This may be, but he is still worth considerably more than the WR2 people are saying here that we should be happy to get.

I don't particularly care for the Baltimore game, but the Bears one doesn't scare me as much.  I worry more about game script taking him out of play than I do his inability to produce against a tough matchup.  The Chargers were supposed to be a really tough matchup--enough so that I almost started Gibson instead (wouldn't have been a bad play either I guess).  He obviously shined in that game.  Chicago doesn't have the offense to blow the Jaguars out of the game, so I would feel confident rolling out JRob against them.

Can you give a few examples of "WR2" just so I know the range we're talking about?

How were the Chargers supposed to be a tough matchup?  Didn't that game have one of the highest over/unders of the week?  Kamara had about 120 all-purpose yards against the Chargers.  Mike Davis had around 90.  Ronald Jones had around 130.  

Starting James Robinson against Chicago in the Superbowl?  No thanks.

I have no hesitation starting Robinson against the Bears if I make it to the finals. They've tightened it up recently, but still give up chunk plays. Rojo and Mike Davis both went over double digits against them, and Brown/Henderson both had solid games.

4 minutes ago, thefranchise3 said:

I have no hesitation starting Robinson against the Bears if I make it to the finals. They've tightened it up recently, but still give up chunk plays. Rojo and Mike Davis both went over double digits against them, and Brown/Henderson both had solid games.

Wouldn't you agree that Tampa, Carolina, and the Rams all have much better offenses than than Jaguars?  I just don't see the Bears as a good matchup for Robinson.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wekko368 said:

There is no way you can say his receptions would definitely drop. 

31 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

Can you give a few examples of "WR2" just so I know the range we're talking about?

How were the Chargers supposed to be a tough matchup?  Didn't that game have one of the highest over/unders of the week?  Kamara had about 120 all-purpose yards against the Chargers.  Mike Davis had around 90.  Ronald Jones had around 130.  

Starting James Robinson against Chicago in the Superbowl?  No thanks.

So the actual quote involved "getting a low-end RB1 or even a high-end WR2".  But the WR2 was the part that got cropped out in a lot of posts and it apparently colored my recollections.  In my view a "high-end" WR2 is somewhere in the Mclaurin, A Rob, Cooper range.  I do not trade him for that.  Different people have different valuations and many of us will be wrong.  I thought RoJo earned a bit of a leash as the clear starter after 3 100+ games--I was sorely mistaken.  JRob IS currently a high end RB1 (just outside the top tier), you can argue that he isn't, but the statistics say that he is.  I don't see him finishing the season worse than a low-end RB1, and I wouldn't entertain giving up an RB1 for any receiver who wasn't in the top-6 range (the only WR outscoring him on a ppg basis are Davante Adams, Tyler Lockett and Adam Thielen).

I didn't have enough auction $ to draft two RB1's on my team, but I'm happy to slot my WW free agent pre-week1 pickup in the #2 slot behind CMC and have two RB1 on my team for the price of one.

1 hour ago, wekko368 said:

How were the Chargers supposed to be a tough matchup?  

Because they were 5th against RBs (in my league) and got Melvin Ingram and Justin Jones back on the DL. 

13 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

There is no way you can say his receptions would definitely drop. 

Why not?  That's the logical conclusion.  If Minshew gets benched, what's the reason for it?  Because he isn't going to Robinson enough?  Doubtful.

17 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

Why not?  That's the logical conclusion.  If Minshew gets benched, what's the reason for it?  Because he isn't going to Robinson enough?  Doubtful.

I don’t understand how it’s logical. Glennon could very well target/check down to Robinson more. Seeing his value in the passing game, the coaches could choose to involve Robinson more...or keep his pass game involvement the same. The reason Minshew gets benched isn’t because he went to Robinson too much. I don’t see that as the logical/definite conclusion. 

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

I don’t understand how it’s logical. Glennon could very well target/check down to Robinson more. Seeing his value in the passing game, the coaches could choose to involve Robinson more...or keep his pass game involvement the same. The reason Minshew gets benched isn’t because he went to Robinson too much. I don’t see that as the logical/definite conclusion. 

If that's the objective, why bench Minshew at all?  He's proven to be more than capable at checking down to Robinson.

12 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

If that's the objective, why bench Minshew at all?  He's proven to be more than capable at checking down to Robinson.

In part because Minshew is a terrible decison-maker and struggles with consistency and leading his team. I mean, I can agree to disagree. I just don’t see the same logic you see. :) 

2 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

In part because Minshew is a terrible decison-maker and struggles with consistency and leading his team. I mean, I can agree to disagree. I just don’t see the same logic you see. :) 

And why do you think either Glennon/Luton won't have the same issues?  Glennon is a career journeyman, and Luton is a 6th round rookie.  If they want to see what they have with Luton, the game plan won't be to spam Robinson with check-downs.

6 minutes ago, wekko368 said:

And why do you think either Glennon/Luton won't have the same issues?  Glennon is a career journeyman, and Luton is a 6th round rookie.  If they want to see what they have with Luton, the game plan won't be to spam Robinson with check-downs.

We don’t know what a new QB will do. And check downs are not part of the gameplan, hence the term “check down”...it’s something a QB does when his other options are covered or pressure won’t allow him to go downfield. And checking down can be the best friend of a new, young QB like Luton, if they try him. 

If you want to believe a different QB would mean less involvement for Robinson, that’s fine. I don’t agree and certainly wouldn’t speak in definitives either way.