DerrickHenrysCleats

James Robinson 2020 Outlook

You have to love what you've gotten so far with james robinson but I would test the market and see what you can get for him for a few reasons.

1. Week 7 is arguably going to be his highest scoring output of the season, so you would be selling at his highest mark.

2. Chris Thompson was added to Covid-IR list late in the week and Ozigbo was activated from IR. Ozigbo also ended up getting hurt early in the game. This resulted in james robinson receiving the entire workload. He still will obviously be the main guy, but he wont get all the work like we saw last week.

3. Marrone has hinted towards making a change, most likely being benching Minshew. Minshew is the best QB for this offense, Glennon/Luton would be a downgrade to the offense which results in less scoring opportunities for robinson.

I still believe robinson will be a top-10 back ROS, but it doesn't hurt to see what the market is for him. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

10 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

We don’t know what a new QB will do. And check downs are not part of the gameplan, hence the term “check down”...it’s something a QB does when his other options are covered or pressure won’t allow him to go downfield. And checking down can be the best friend of a new, young QB like Luton, if they try him. 

If you want to believe a different QB would mean less involvement for Robinson, that’s fine. I don’t agree and certainly wouldn’t speak in definitives either way. 

Check downs are absolutely be part of the game plan.

And not just a "different" QB.....an inferior one.  It's logical to think that the players who benefited most from Minshew will be negatively affected if he's replaced by an inferior QB.  

Just now, wekko368 said:

Check downs are absolutely be part of the game plan.

And not just a "different" QB.....an inferior one.  It's logical to think that the players who benefited most from Minshew will be negatively affected if he's replaced by an inferior QB.  

Alright man. We’re just arguing in circles and starting to hijack the thread. I disagree on what a check down is and how it’s defined, and I disagree about a new QB definitively meaning Robinson will lose in the passing game. I’m perfectly fine with someone not agreeing with me, so I’ll just leave it at that and wish you a nice evening.