Rotoworld.com Forums

Brian Hill 2020 Outlook

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that I've posted a fun GIF, let's do something more serious.  I saw above (and/or in Gurley thread) the speculation that this might turn into a brutal RBBC with Gurley out.  Anything is possible,

Straight trash can....Covid/Injuries forced me to pick this joke up off waivers and play him. Dude is horrid.

Brian Hill is just not very good.

I just remembered last year due to injuries, he was the next man up and rushed 15 for 30 yards. Maybe he will do better this year but I think he’s a backup you’d leave on the wire and just take your chances unless you’re the Gurley owner and even then depending on bench size, there’s gotta be a better backup available.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, owenmills said:

I seem to recall perusing box scores that Judge Ito is getting quite a few touches behind Gurley. 

Ito got some red zone looks over TG last week, yes ... it was a total hatchet job from Gurley. 

Hill is my choice to inherit the 60+% share of the work once Gurley is taken to the shed. 

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

would not be shocked if he overtakes Gurley, even without injury ... TG looks like dreck.  

mark my words ✌

That will never happen unless Gurley gets injured.  Hill was there before they signed Gurley so they must not have been that confident in that JAG.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brian Hill is just not very good.

He wasn't very good before. But when he got cut by 2 teams he made himself a more all around back. If Gurley were to miss time I could Hill thriving in this offense.  He has something to prove. Not saying he is a league winner but he definitely someone I would stash if I had a deep bench. Don't get me wrong, if Edmunds and Mattison are available, those are more worthy stashes.

I'm by no means suggesting this guy's a stud, but his career YPC is nearly 5, and by all accounts he looked better than ever coming into training camp. I'm not saying he's gonna be a league winner, but I don't think it's fair to write him off because of one bad game against Carolina last year. 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, LAeagle said:

Was a little surprised to see him unclaimed. He’s just a knee flare up away from being a the go to RB in this offense. Had a nice TD run so I like his long term value more than guys like Damien Harris, Joshua Kelley etc. 

Agree for the most part. Definitely Harris, that backfield is CROWDED. Kelley would have equal or higher value though. 

That said, who has the stones (or bad enough team) to roll this guy out there this week?!

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

This dude doesn’t seem impressive by any means but Gurley looks to be on his last leg these days. 

I am not trying to instigate here but are basing this (assertion of not being impressed by Hill) off of how Hill has looked this year or last year? My eyes tell me Hill has looked good and he got rave reviews from teammates and coaches during the offseason. Gurley looks like a shell of his former self and is looking more like 52 than 25. 

10 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

I am not trying to instigate here but are basing this (assertion of not being impressed by Hill) off of how Hill has looked this year or last year? My eyes tell me Hill has looked good and he got rave reviews from teammates and coaches during the offseason. Gurley looks like a shell of his former self and is looking more like 52 than 25. 

I based my opinion on his highlights over the last 2yrs, very small sample from this yr for me to really judge. I do believe he had a few not so gd performances when he was the given the lead role because of injuries last yr. I just don’t see anything exciting about the guy to invest in, even if Gurley becomes done. I may be wrong, please convince otherwise.

7 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I based my opinion on his highlights over the last 2yrs, very small sample from this yr for me to really judge. I do believe he had a few not so gd performances when he was the given the lead role because of injuries last yr. I just don’t see anything exciting about the guy to invest in, even if Gurley becomes done. I may be wrong, please convince otherwise.

He looked crappy last year, but this year he is looking better. There was a lot of positive buzz from the staff and players during preseason for him. I think Hill is an excellent stash. If you have room pick him up and see how things shape out. 

• Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I think the biggest thing for me is path to opportunity. We all know opportunity is critically important in fantasy. Gurley seems shot. Hill wouldn't have to be great, just good, to start eating into that workload. Gurley also has reasonable injury risk. Then you add the fact that this is an explosive offense and horrible defense and you have the recipe for shootouts. They're also probably gonna be on the trailing end of a lot of those shootouts which means the receiving back in this offense gets an uptick (Hill). 

I think we have enough here at the very least for a stash. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2