Trade Monster

Malcolm Brown 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, awwufelloff said:

Brown does this every year, pass.

different circumstances. No TGIII gives him a legit opportunity to take over the role. 

This is a tough one indeed. I mean you got the invested draft capital of cam Akers hanging on there but I’m not sure if sunk cost theory applies to Mcvay. This may actually be something. Maybe that’s why they felt okay letting gurly walk?

At the end of the day McVay wants to win games. Brown was clearly the best back tonight, if he keeps producing there is no reason to send him to the bench. He was a 2nd round pick at one point and a 5 star recruit out of high school, maybe he’s just a late bloomer.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Breesus said:

At the end of the day McVay wants to win games. Brown was clearly the best back tonight, if he keeps producing there is no reason to send him to the bench. He was a 2nd round pick at one point and a 5 star recruit out of high school, maybe he’s just a late bloomer.

Are you trying to start a hype train? Cus this is how you start a hype train!

01F35E16-8ED3-4F1A-966E-32234EB28BD0.jpeg

• Like 3

Still not sure what to think of this guy. Is Gurley being gone adding some extra fire or is he going to go back to looking average next week? 

46 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Are you trying to start a hype train? Cus this is how you start a hype train!

01F35E16-8ED3-4F1A-966E-32234EB28BD0.jpeg

spacer.png

• Haha 8

I feel so bad. I dropped him this morning to pick up a defense to play. I'm an Akers owner so this is worse case scenario. I dropped my defense earlier in the week to pick up James Robinson and today was like damn I need a defense. I made such the wrong call. 

9 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Well this didn't age well...at least not after week 1.

Yeah I’m guessing it’ll be like week 1 last year. I really don’t think he’s very good and can sustain quality production. But maybe he’ll prove me wrong

Edited by owenmills

6 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Yeah I’m guessing it’ll be like week 1 last year. I really don’t think he’s very good and can sustain quality production. But maybe he’ll prove me wrong

He looked pretty explosive and shifty last night. Meanwhile Akers looked stiff. 

It's week 1, yes, but unfortunately if Brown is out there sitting in FA land, this is going to be the only week you'll be able to grab him. Someone is gonna scoop him up. 

8 hours ago, Breesus said:

Brown was undrafted out of college..

I thought this guy was supposed to be a bum, sure didn't look like it last night. Looked way better than Akers. Brown did have one bad drop that could have been a nice gain but other than that he looked very solid. Every time Akers touched the ball, he ran into a giant dogpile and went nowhere.

7 hours ago, Breesus said:

This.

Watching the game, Brown clearly outshined Akers and was the best RB on the field for the Rams.  He's getting red zone carries and 3rd down work.  Akers was basically just getting fairly meaningless work between the 20's.

Does it change?  Who knows.  If Brown keeps playing like he did last night it won't change.  Frankly, Brown looked really good.  He ran with power, made good cuts and did well catching passes (although he did have one bad drop).

My take away from last night is that Brown is the guy to own in that backfield right now, Akers is a bench stash and Henderson is worthless.

19 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

He looked pretty explosive and shifty last night. Meanwhile Akers looked stiff. 

It's week 1, yes, but unfortunately if Brown is out there sitting in FA land, this is going to be the only week you'll be able to grab him. Someone is gonna scoop him up. 

Yeah I’m not saying he shouldn’t be picked up. You pretty much have to pick up guys who show out early in the season to see how it shakes out even if you’re skeptical, because you won’t have a chance later(like you said).
One thing that’s nice this year is he looks like the lead guy currently, so you’ll find out early as opposed to last year where we had to hold and wait awhile for a Gurley injury to find out 

29 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

League winner?

Could be.  Or a trap as they feed Akers more and more.  The rookies all had that “deer in the headlights” look this week.   Plowing ahead without really looking.    That will change 

Saw this coming, which was why I drafted him with my last pick in our dynasty rookie draft this season. Was actually playing the Akers owner this week, so it extra sweet.

I don't think Brown is uber talented, but he does all the right things and can pass protect. This is a very good chance Akers and Henderson won't be relied on for pass pro. And Brown can run and catch decent enough.

The Rams have been trying to draft the next Gurley with their picks the last 3 years, because they saw the writing on the wall with Gurley's knee/s. But they have a more than capable RB in Brown if none of the draft picks pan out to be a Gurley-level talent. This is Brown's job to lose going forward. Akers will have to show he is an elite talent to overtake Brown.

Brown, Akers and Henderson will all have their "days" for the Rams. Sunday was Brown's. McVay is going to utilize each to keep teams off balance, and use each in any situation (early down/3rd down). It's great in a real life game plan, but going to be tough in fantasy. I'm rolling with Akers personally. 

On 9/14/2020 at 12:42 AM, Breesus said:

On 9/14/2020 at 8:47 AM, tts42572 said:

This.

Watching the game, Brown clearly outshined Akers and was the best RB on the field for the Rams.  He's getting red zone carries and 3rd down work.  Akers was basically just getting fairly meaningless work between the 20's.

Does it change?  Who knows.  If Brown keeps playing like he did last night it won't change.  Frankly, Brown looked really good.  He ran with power, made good cuts and did well catching passes (although he did have one bad drop).

My take away from last night is that Brown is the guy to own in that backfield right now, Akers is a bench stash and Henderson is worthless.

Full disclosure: Akers owner here.

I think this thinking of McVeigh as basing decisions only on victories and success may be over simplifying.

McVeigh is coach of men. He knows that it takes time to build a true pro, and the road is rarely straight up. He knows that Cam is a young guy, with talent he appreciated enough to spend the draft capital to acquire him, WHO WAS PLAYING HIS FIRST SNAPS ON AN NFL FIELD.

I'd say that McVeigh will be realistic and that Cam will get his chance again. Not every rookie back hits the scene like CEH or KHunt. 
There's coaching to be done, and reps to take, and games to be played. This story is not finished.
Just my 2¢. 

We’ve seen this song and dance with brown before. 

with all the hoopla, cam Akers still got 15 touches in his very first nfl game. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, candygram4mongo said:

Full disclosure: Akers owner here.

I think this thinking of McVeigh as basing decisions only on victories and success may be over simplifying.

McVeigh is coach of men. He knows that it takes time to build a true pro, and the road is rarely straight up. He knows that Cam is a young guy, with talent he appreciated enough to spend the draft capital to acquire him, WHO WAS PLAYING HIS FIRST SNAPS ON AN NFL FIELD.

I'd say that McVeigh will be realistic and that Cam will get his chance again. Not every rookie back hits the scene like CEH or KHunt. 
There's coaching to be done, and reps to take, and games to be played. This story is not finished.
Just my 2¢. 

Who is this McVeigh you speak of?

BmwMI86PV3jHf6Jpsj1Pigf9EzWuqg=

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2020 at 9:22 AM, Impreza178 said:

Could be.  Or a trap as they feed Akers more and more.  The rookies all had that “deer in the headlights” look this week.   Plowing ahead without really looking.    That will change 

You literally just pop into every thread and play devil's advocate. In the Gibson thread you say Malcolm Brown is the league winner. In this thread the rookies will take over. 🤡

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, collucho said:

You literally just pop into every thread and play devil's advocate. In the Gibson thread you say Malcolm Brown is the league winner. In this thread the rookies will take over. 🤡

Reading comprehension