Trade Monster

Malcolm Brown 2020 Outlook

What you saw is one game. What you didn't see is everything going on away from the lens and everything that led up to that game. I'm selling as soon as I feel its time to sell, which won't be 2021. Before that. Probably 12-13 weeks before the end of the regular season.

35 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

What you saw is one game. What you didn't see is everything going on away from the lens and everything that led up to that game. I'm selling as soon as I feel its time to sell, which won't be 2021. Before that. Probably 12-13 weeks before the end of the regular season.

What didn't I see? 

8 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

What didn't I see? 

I don't work for the Rams. I'm not in the locker room, or on the sideline.

Does this strike anyone else as similar to the Jordan Howard/Miles Sanders situation last year? Talented high draft capital rookie, coach intends to run a RBBC, veteran looks solid while rookie looks a little lost/indecisive. Howard had some value last year until he got injured even as they kept trying to ramp up Sanders touches to get involved.

Those who are selling either now or after a good week 2, what type of return are you trying to (realistically) get?

If Akers performs well this week why would you sell then? They just invested big draft capital into him. Ideal situation is he performs in week 2 and you get your own draft capital investment partially validated.

Better question to ask first: why did you draft him?

12 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I don't work for the Rams. I'm not in the locker room, or on the sideline.

Wasn't trying to be snarky. Thought maybe you knew something I didn't or had seen something I hadn't.

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

If Akers performs well this week why would you sell then? They just invested big draft capital into him. Ideal situation is he performs in week 2 and you get your own draft capital investment partially validated.

Better question to ask first: why did you draft him?

I'm assuming he was asking about selling Brown...but I do remember what my mom said about assuming. Lol!

6 minutes ago, b_23 said:

Does this strike anyone else as similar to the Jordan Howard/Miles Sanders situation last year? Talented high draft capital rookie, coach intends to run a RBBC, veteran looks solid while rookie looks a little lost/indecisive. Howard had some value last year until he got injured even as they kept trying to ramp up Sanders touches to get involved.

Those who are selling either now or after a good week 2, what type of return are you trying to (realistically) get?

no bites on my Malcolm brown trade offers yet.   Looking to package him with a wr2 for an upgrade. 

Prob need to play this one out for now.   He’s not getting phased out by Akers anytime soon.  

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

no bites on my Malcolm brown trade offers yet.   Looking to package him with a wr2 for an upgrade. 

Prob need to play this one out for now.   He’s not getting phased out by Akers anytime soon.  

If I wanted to sell him in my leagues, he would need a minimum of another big week, but probably two more, to get any sort of return for him. Guys aren't buying in. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Wasn't trying to be snarky. Thought maybe you knew something I didn't or had seen something I hadn't.

No but we can't see most of the important things. This is why we rely on beat writers for info. Even they don't see everything and this is why we get surprise sleepers. Just my two cents.

21 minutes ago, b_23 said:

I don't think so. It could end up going that way, but the Rams have been spending draft capital the last 3 seasons at RB and so far Brown has managed to hold all of them off. Akers would really have to be an elite talent and showcase it to unseat Brown.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I'm assuming he was asking about selling Brown...but I do remember what my mom said about assuming. Lol!

Yeah, Im talking about trading Brown (as we are in the Brown thread). :D

• Like 1

the upcoming tone in this thread........

smeckledorfed | Tumblr

I'd give it about uhhhhhh 2 weeks? over/under? lol

What percent FAAB on this JAG I shall spend?

Since we are talking trades and perceived values. I’m trying to trade Brown to the owner of Akers. 

I’m actually trying to do a Brown for Mark Ingram trade. Ingram tanked in week 1. The Akers owner would gain a lot of confidence in securing the Rams backfield. 

Brown is valuable because the Rams trust him.  He's been in the system a while.  The Rams matched a tender last year to keep him.  The question is whether Akers or Henderson will get to the point where the Rams trust one of them too, at which point their (likely) superior talent could win out.  These types of situations can go either way.  Will Brown be usable in the fantasy playoffs?  I doubt it.  But for September and October he should be a good asset.

I picked him up on a whim cause I had an extra spot with IR week 1 with one of my players being out. I am considering trading him for a top tier DEF or just holding until his value goes up for another week or so but am skeptical on any long term value

Sorry for the double post but this is something I posted about Brown in August of 2019.  The same logic continues to apply.

"The Rams matched a tender to keep him, and not for insignificant money. He's trusted by the organization and would probably be the more valuable back if Gurley went down early in the season. 

Henderson, of course, has a lot more upside and by midseason could easily be ahead of Brown in the pecking order. 

But Brown is being undervalued at the moment, and criminally so. "

He got drafted in the 6th round of my 12 Teamer 😂 Guess that dude didn't like Akers.

Wish I could have grabbed Malcolm Brown off waivers this week. Waiver wire pickup of the season right here. I think he'll finish somewhere around 1050-1100 yards, 30 receptions and 10+ TD. Henderson's showed nothing, Akers is a rookie and needs to earn it, and quietly you got Brown just going about his business like he has for the past three years. If Rams weren't high on him they wouldn't keep bringing him back, giving him playing time etc..

5 hours ago, b_23 said:

I was comparing this situation moreso to the Seattle Seahawks who drafted Prosise and Penny with high draft picks. You had this dynamic rookie in Penny coming in with huge draft capital looking to unseat a 7th round RB in Carson but never could quite do it even with a lot of coach speak and media hype about Penny. Sounds familiar? 3 seasons later, Carson is still the man.

Literally, Carson and Brown are about the same size, same age and both were unheralded out of college. Brown being undrafted. Like we heard with Carson almost every week, people are saying that Brown could lose the job any week which is true, but it's not like the deck is stacked against him. He knows the system, has zero fumbles the last three seasons, plays on a explosive offense,with a good offensive line and a HC that knows how to use his backs. 

• Like 1

He's my RB3, sort of 'tied' with AP in my backfield.

He's a perfect fit for that position and I'll be holding him unless something happens in LA to change it.

2 hours ago, fruitjacket said:

He's my RB3, sort of 'tied' with AP in my backfield.

He's a perfect fit for that position and I'll be holding him unless something happens in LA to change it.

Him and AP seem to be in the exact same situation. Not sure if they’re the top dog in the RBBC but they sure looked like the top dog 🐶 

As long as the Rams are winning and Brown is averaging at least 4.0yds/carry and not fumbling, he'll be a solid rb2 rest of the season.  Maybe Akers will start taking over towards the end of the year, but until then I'm gonna ride Brown.  

Brown is a hold for me at the moment.