Sign in to follow this  
sjm76

Marquez Valdes-Scantling 2020 Outlook

• 13280.jpg

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers said Marquez Valdes-Scantling is the receiver he was “most impressed” with at training camp.

This adds to positive camp reports on Valdes-Scantling. The Packers want a bigger role for Valdes, and there’s talk he’s ahead of Allen Lazard. Valdes-Scantling is a post-hype riser who should see the snaps to improve on last year's 56 targets.

SOURCE: packersnews.com
    Sep 6, 2020, 11:47 AM ET

•  
    Sounds like he could be ahead of Lazard as the Packers' #2 wr.  I think he's worth a look in deeper leagues as he had some big plays the past couple of years.

I don't know. Rodgers said the same thing about Kumerow last year, and nothing ever happened. Instead, we saw the rise of Lazard. Packers cut Kumerow yesterday.

Anyway...

I'm still leaning towards Lazard as the Packers WR2. Either way, I'm staying away from Lazard and MVS, unless I'm really thin at WR.

Honestly surprised this dude is still even in the league. 

• Like 1

Rinse and repeat, when will folks learn the #2 on this team just doesn't work out. Jordy Nelson days are lone gone. Not even prime Rodgers anymore, on this Matt LaFleur run first offense .... no thank you.

Lazard is the only one I would be interested in as a depth piece or bye week filler. Outside of Davante obviously, it's a never ending carousel of who will go off this week. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Rinse and repeat, when will folks learn the #2 on this team just doesn't work out. Jordy Nelson days are lone gone. Not even prime Rodgers anymore, on this Matt LaFleur run first offense .... no thank you.

Lazard is the only one I would be interested in as a depth piece or bye week filler. Outside of Davante obviously, it's a never ending carousel of who will go off this week. 

Rodgers historically spreads the ball around too. Most games he seems to complete passes to 8-9 different guys. So tough to predict. 

• Like 1

Lazard is the #2 for sure. Rodgers said good things about him as well. 

agreed that the only person on this team worth owning in the WR room is Davante. All others will be bye week fillers

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Lazard is the #2 for sure. Rodgers said good things about him as well. 

I was gonna say, he was just praising Lazard a few days ago.....

I've got both Lazard and Marquez Valdes-Scantling rostered in my Friends and Family league coming out of the draft because we added 2 extra bench spots and 2 IR spots this season because of COVID.  If Adams goes down with an injury, one of these two should end up pretty consistent.

Rodgers I think is frustrated with the landscape these days, but I think he'll still make someone fantasy worthwhile no matter what.

You know, I did run a search on him earlier today after the Aaron Rodgers praise, although it’s likely that Aaron would hype up my 86 year old grandmother.  Point being, all I could find was his 2019 thread, which pretty much ended on October 15.  That’s week 6 range, correct?  It didn’t seem like MVS inspired a whole hell of a lot of confidence.  But it’s 2020.  Stranger things have happened.  Let’s do this.  Who’s with me?

Just now, Tommy Lee Jones said:

You know, I did run a search on him earlier today after the Aaron Rodgers praise, although it’s likely that Aaron would hype up my 86 year old grandmother.  Point being, all I could find was his 2019 thread, which pretty much ended on October 15.  That’s week 6 range, correct?  It didn’t seem like MVS inspired a whole hell of a lot of confidence.  But it’s 2020.  Stranger things have happened.  Let’s do this.  Who’s with me?

He's a 5th Round pick, this will be his 3rd year in the league.  Most of the time GB has developed WRs and then started them.  This fits the pattern, and I'm sure Rodgers would prefer guys not to be on the field until they're more ready to positively contribute consistently.

I'm personally excited because of the typical 3rd year jump for WRs.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2009/testing-third-year-wr-rule

Edited by Robrain

I’m thinking about stashing him prior to the game, as if he jumps Lazard he will be the #2 and a possible hot WW target. 

Seemed to be great reports out of camp, and it is the magic of the 3rd year.

On 9/6/2020 at 6:55 PM, FitzMagic said:

This guy has a 2020 thread?!

spacer.png

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

42 minutes ago, strahanfan92 said:

4 catches 96 yards 1 TD on 6 targets in week 1

Should have been a lot more with a long TD miss.

A lot of Pack fans believe he’ll overtake Lazard for the #2 spot this year. He’s a big play threat and if he can cut the drops he’ll be a great add.

3 minutes ago, urbank07 said:

A lot of Pack fans believe he’ll overtake Lazard for the #2 spot this year. He’s a big play threat and if he can cut the drops he’ll be a great add.

MVS teases us every year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

MVS teases us every year.

True. This year is his last chance to become good imo. If it’s gonna happen it’ll be now

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Guy was dropped on waivers...worth a scoop and start without Adams? 

tough matchup against new orleans. potentially lining up against latimore?  not sure how friendly that would be?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, herschel said:

tough matchup against new orleans. potentially lining up against latimore?  not sure how friendly that would be?

GB implied 24 or 25 right now so I'm just wondering who the beneficiary is. 

6 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

GB implied 24 or 25 right now so I'm just wondering who the beneficiary is. 

Will more than likely be Aaron Jones. Dude is TD regression proof.. unreal.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

This.  They scored 42 last week and no WRs were that great.

19 hours ago, Brettg57 said:

So, no Adams, and implied is 25, those 8-10 targets would go to Jones and no one else of relevance? I know the NO DB's on the outside are no joke...so I'm wondering if there's any ceiling chasing here as an underdog