Sign in to follow this  
sjm76

Marquez Valdes-Scantling 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

So, no Adams, and implied is 25, those 8-10 targets would go to Jones and no one else of relevance? I know the NO DB's on the outside are no joke...so I'm wondering if there's any ceiling chasing here as an underdog 

Oh absolutely. I wasn’t be snarky, just saying Jones has been a TD machine. You could definitely do worse then MVS and Lazard. I think both are decent fill-ins. I just don’t trust it.. even though Rodgers has been slinging it, I could see This becoming a Jones game.

BTW I have a few shares of MVS and one of Lazard.. am watching Davantes practice report closely. 

NO will be playing mad. Could be a bad game for GB especially without Adams.

• Like 1

I grabbed up MVS. 

I know historically he's a boom or bust guy, but while Lazard may be good later this season and next year, it seems like MVS has a chance to have a nice role player type season with 6-7 targets per game. Defenses will be keying on Adams + Jones, which leaves some room for a tertiary target, but yeah MVS vs. Lazard is a hard call. 

Have him on the bench for this weekend, but hoping he can turn in a solid game, badly need help at WR. 

The lack of Hype Train here going in to what appears to be a blowup spot is shocking!  Angry A-Rod's likely #1 WR vs a team that just made Derek Carr look good?  Starting with more confidence than I've ever had starting Will Fuller.  Hop on board!

MVS will have a good game after coming down to earth in week 2.

100+ yards receiving and a score. Anyone else feeling it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavaman said:

MVS will have a good game after coming down to earth in week 2.

100+ yards receiving and a score. Anyone else feeling it?

Can't shake this feeling -- will be debating this Flex decision up till gametime.

1 hour ago, Al.Davis said:

The lack of Hype Train here going in to what appears to be a blowup spot is shocking!  Angry A-Rod's likely #1 WR vs a team that just made Derek Carr look good?  Starting with more confidence than I've ever had starting Will Fuller.  Hop on board!

I was very surprised as well. If Adams is out MVS should be a solid WR2 this week. 

6 hours ago, montgrove said:

Is Lattimore shadowing? Cause that would be a problem.

my question as well. 

Can any Saints confirm if he’s used to shadow? Or just occupies one side of the field? 

I always forget how freakishly athletic this dude is. If only he could run routes half as well as Adams.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bgar15 said:

my question as well. 

Can any Saints confirm if he’s used to shadow? Or just occupies one side of the field? 

He has shadowed Evans multiple times

People are going to be seriously disappointed. This wreaks of the Minshew thread.

Medicore to bad players that are given opportunity in decent matchups flop more often than not. Combine this with losing one of their best players...Rodgers is gonna have a difficult time today. 

• Like 2

MVS could be a good player though, he's got the size/speed, I'll take the chance on a 3rd year breakout.  His route running and catching aren't great but he missed some time early in his career, maybe he can polish it up this year.

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2020 at 8:36 PM, Al.Davis said:

I now understand and have no further questions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Al.Davis said:

I now understand and have no further questions.

Hahaha...

He's a classic case of better with the offense healthy than without. He's not a #1. He never will be. He doesn't have the twitch motion or receiving ability. What he is, though, is an elite deep/speed threat and a guy who can help you with 4-5 targets a week if a) Adams is taking primary coverage and/or b) He's not dealing with a good to elite secondary.

Got a feeling he goes for 100 and a TD against Atlanta. Classic boom/bust guy just busted big. The boom is coming. I'm still not starting him unless I have to though :P

• Like 1

On 9/6/2020 at 11:52 AM, cdd10 said:

Honestly surprised this dude is still even in the league. 

🤷‍♂️

I dropped this guy faster this season than I did last season.

Back to fishing the WW.

• Haha 1

Serviceable against Atlanta this week even with Adams back? Tough week last week but was out there the whole game

On 9/30/2020 at 2:03 AM, Dent416 said:

Serviceable against Atlanta this week even with Adams back? Tough week last week but was out there the whole game

I think he's an ideal boom/bust flex with a better boom potential than normal. He's also a good backup option if you have Julio, Ridley, Gage or Adams and worried they may miss.

• Like 1