Eaglesflyhigh11

Jimmy Graham 2020 Outlook

Anyone digging deep in the TE pool for him this season? My league we gotta own 2 so he end up being my second to last pick. Thought it was solid after skipping on a second for almost the whole draft. 

7 targets, 3 catches, and a touchdown (and had a second touchdown overturned). They gave him a lot of money and it looks like if you missed out on the top options he could be a viable weekly option.

Very happy with his game today as my 2nd TD. My league you gotta have 2. Hopefully he can build some trade value

New quarterback that can throw the ball and Cohen out for the year...  maybe this guy might have value for the rest of the season now???  Anyone watch the game?  I just saw a couple highlights with him but that's about it.  How's he looking?  What y'all think?

2 hours ago, WaiverWireGuru said:

New quarterback that can throw the ball and Cohen out for the year...  maybe this guy might have value for the rest of the season now???  Anyone watch the game?  I just saw a couple highlights with him but that's about it.  How's he looking?  What y'all think?

I think he looks like a guy the team wants to make a focal point to move the chains and be a red zone threat. I think that's the case with either quarterback, but Foles has the ability to actually execute.

I think I may [pick up] Graham - he looked very involved in the RZ

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 2

Here to stay? I've been rolling out Logan Thomas the last couple of weeks with OJ as my backup.  I'm strongly considering adding as WW is bare and have missed out on the recent TE adds.  Anyone else have a TE better than Logan Thomas and considering the add also ?  Trying to see where he falls in tiers of others

Wouldn't be surprised if this is just a small sample size fool's gold.  I've watched him the last few years and he looked like he was running in mud.  I haven't watched any this year, but guessing somehow they're just scheming him open.  

• Like 2

Back from the fantasy dead.

Having both him and Gronk on one of my teams (deep league, deep benches) makes me wish it was 2011 again. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've watched all of this season's Bears game almost thru n thru being a DMont owner. They are definitely relying on Jimmy heavily in the RZ, basically as a read first option 5 yards and in specifically

If you're desperate for a TE, I think he would be a consistent floor option with Foles now in... you could do worse on the wire since Jimmy will have TD potential every week

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this is just a small sample size fool's gold.  I've watched him the last few years and he looked like he was running in mud.  I haven't watched any this year, but guessing somehow they're just scheming him open.  

Why is a team scheming to get a specific player lots of targets a bad thing? Aren't targets the most valuable thing a receiving threat can have?

• Like 3

This guy is known as a TE whisperer around fantasy circles and did a nice writeup on Graham in the offseason...looks like things might be coming to fruition.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

^^

That article is why I basically punted the TE position in my 12 team. Ended drafting Graham, Logan Thomas, and the Minnesota guy. 2/3 have turned out to be solid calls thus far. Who knows if they'll keep performing, but he did this last year as well and had a solid process both times.

I doubt he keeps it rolling. He could not make it work with one of the GOATs last year and the year before. 

Edited by Spyplane

Graham looks good to me out there based on the limited film I have seen. I can see him continuing this success (Rodgers doesn't throw much to the TE position honestly)

After seeing the difference in Foles vs Trubisky & now Cohen out for the year, I added Graham in both leagues. Gonna be a chain-mover as well as a RZ target. Bears needed to establish a 2nd target after Robinson & Foles did that with Graham

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I doubt he keeps it rolling. He could not make it work with one of the GOATs last year and the year before. 

They mention in that article he was injured both seasons. Plus scheme issues.

@remark900 Great article, thanks!  I wish I had read that article before the draft as I probably would have drafted or picked up Graham sooner and I would not have wasted time on Herndon (good talent, terrible coach).

As the article points out, Graham fits their offensive scheme and with the switch to Foles, Graham should have a steady floor with upside.  I watched the last game and he looked pretty good out there.

15 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Sometimes it's about scheme.  Obviously you aren't upgrading going away from Rodgers and Wilson.  But I wouldn't dismiss Graham because of those years.

He actually looks decently spy out there running routes.  The numbers posted above confirm what I saw last game, that Graham lines up more as a slot receiver than a tight end.

Foles is actually capable of processing the field in a timely manner unlike Trubisky, so I think Foles starting could bring some more consistent involvement for him.  Not expecting a target monster or guaranteed redzone looks, but I'm thinking there a decent chance we'll see the closest thing we've seen to the old Graham in years here.

Edit: You can judge for yourself, here are all of his targets from week 3.

Edited by CharlesCC2

5 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

They mention in that article he was injured both seasons. Plus scheme issues.

Overall his three years in Seattle were uninspiring and his last year in New Orleans was meh. Oh and he's 35 years old.

4 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Overall his three years in Seattle were uninspiring and his last year in New Orleans was meh. Oh and he's 35 years old.

He's 33 and his last 2 years in Seattle weren't bad (65 rec/923 yd/6 TD on 95 targets, 57 rec/520 yd/10 TD on 96 targets)

Top 4 TE in both of those seasons

Edited by DezedandConfused

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Really hard to overlook this to be honest.  I remember kicking the tires on him for fantasy when he was in Seattle.  Still, I think we should give him a chance because sometimes it's just about your involvement based on the scheme.  I just feel like there's a decent chance he's used more here than in previous years.

It's entirely possible he generally fades away and isn't much of a factor in the offense, but based on his historic pedigree, Foles looking for him in the small sample size and the possibility that he is actually a read a fair amount of the time in this Nagy offense I think it's worth taking a shot on him if you're not looking so hot at TE.

3 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Okay. Your point? How do you think that refutes what I said? Or what was written in the article? I'm not sure anyone is advocating he's a top 5 TE. I think the upside is back of the top 10. He's getting targets. They paid him lots of money. The coach is clearly scheming to get him the ball the first three weeks. He was getting buzz in the offseason camp. And now they have a quarterback who can actually throw the football his way. 

If you've got Kelce, who cares? If you're struggling at TE, giddyup.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1