Eaglesflyhigh11

Jimmy Graham 2020 Outlook

10 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

He's 33 and his last 2 years in Seattle weren't bad (65 rec/923 yd/6 TD on 95 targets, 57 rec/520 yd/10 TD on 96 targets)

Top 4 TE in both of those seasons

I think he can still get the job done. Was a solid option in SEA, but in GB he really wasn’t used much because Rodgers doesn’t look at the TE at all. Finley was the exception to that rule & that was 8-10 years ago. His highest target total was 92 in 2011.
Also don’t forget the hype of Burton playing the Kelce role in Nagy’s offense. Now the Bears have a guy who can actually handle that kind of target share with a QB who understands the offense 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m back on the Graham wagon. The targets he is seeing pushed me over the edge to pick him up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

I think he can still get the job done. Was a solid option in SEA, but in GB he really wasn’t used much because Rodgers doesn’t look at the TE at all. Finley was the exception to that rule & that was 8-10 years ago. His highest target total was 92 in 2011.
Also don’t forget the hype of Burton playing the Kelce role in Nagy’s offense. Now the Bears have a guy who can actually handle that kind of target share with a QB who understands the offense 

Graham actually had the 3rd most targets last year on the team. He rewards who delivers.

Edit: only Adams and Jones delivered.

Edited by Spyplane

2 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Yea I know, I'm in favor of the Graham pickup lol. He may be 33, but he's still 6'7, TD threat in the endzone every time. 

Tough matchup this weekend so lets see if he can still produce with Big D Nick!

Just now, Spyplane said:

Graham actually had the 3rd most targets last year on the team. He rewards who delivers.

Edit: Rodgers passes to only Adams and Jones.

10 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Edit: only Adams and Jones delivered.

In a new offense for Rodgers, he had 5 guys in between 52 & 68 targets. Graham had 60 & actually had 89 the year before. Adams had 127 so among the other 5 Graham wasn’t any worse than the others 

3 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

In a new offense for Rodgers, he had 5 guys in between 52 & 68 targets. Graham had 60 & actually had 89 the year before. Adams had 127 so among the other 5 Graham wasn’t any worse than the others 

A former pro bowler competing mostly against scrubs for targets could only get 60. Sell yourself whatever you like, by all means.

Robert Tonyan is on pace to get as many receptions with the Packers as Graham got last year. Yeah.

As an Engram (sucks) and Cook (doing nothing) owner, I’ve added and will be starting. 

Just now, Spyplane said:

A former pro bowler competing mostly against scrubs for targets could only get 60. Sell yourself whatever you like, by all means.

You're obviously bitter because he wasn't a pro bowler for your Packers, so that would explain the hate & you're excused.  If you actually watched the game this week, you would see that he still looks good & his role in the offense with Foles is improving

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

I doubt he keeps it rolling. He could not make it work with one of the GOATs last year and the year before. 

Article checks out lol

9 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Robert Tonyan is on pace to get as many receptions with the Packers as Graham got last year. Yeah.

Do you really feel like Graham just flat out can't perform in Chicago because of how he looked/performed in GB?  I didn't watch him much honestly, the little I saw of him there didn't wow me.  But he honestly looks decent right now I'm Chicago, like he's rejuvenated somehow.  Maybe fools gold, maybe he's just found a good landing spot?

8 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

You're obviously bitter because he wasn't a pro bowler for your Packers, so that would explain the hate & you're excused.  If you actually watched the game this week, you would see that he still looks good & his role in the offense with Foles is improving

No, I knew he was a shell of his former self because of his three years in Seattle. No hate, I'm talking numbers. I'm sure Jimmy is a good guy.

Most players look good when they post good numbers. Truth.

1 minute ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Do you really feel like Graham just flat out can't perform in Chicago because of how he looked/performed in GB?  I didn't watch him much honestly, the little I saw of him there didn't wow me.  But he honestly looks decent right now I'm Chicago, like he's rejuvenated somehow.  Maybe fools gold, maybe he's just found a good landing spot?

He's underperformed for most of six years.

all I am worried about is opportunity in fantasy football and Jimmy G has that in Chicago with only A Rob in front of him and Cohen out all year with a 3-0 record. Ill take that shot all day, if I get an airball so be it at least I tried

Edited by kdpat15
  • Like 1

Foles loves to take shots throwing in the end zone. I can easily see Graham finish with 700 yards and 10 TDs. Not bad for a waiver wire TE that was an afterthought.

Edited by ponchsox

Just now, CharlesCC2 said:

Green Bay Packers Nfl GIF - GreenBayPackers Nfl FootballFan GIFs

Graham is averaging 6 targets/week, any TE getting targets u take a chance on, if you don't already roster the top 3.

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

He was top 4 TE in b2b seasons in Seattle before joining the Packers. #BiasPackerFan

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

The only argument I can make is sometimes circumstances can align and create the perfect storm.  I just feel like he's found a situation that might work for him.  Nagy putting him in a scheme where he's a primary read (and lining him up in the slot), Foles who was used to having a TE as a factor in Ertz possibly looking to him regularly, the offense looking for production outside of Robinson, especially with Cohen being done, and most importantly being healthy.

He hasn't been a major factor in years, he's getting older, it all adds up to lead one to be skeptical in a sudden resurgence.  Despite that, my gut is telling me there could be something here and Graham could surprise.  I don't blame anybody for having their doubts though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Green Bay Packers Nfl GIF - GreenBayPackers Nfl FootballFan GIFs

Graham is averaging 6 targets/week, any TE getting targets u take a chance on, if you don't already roster the top 3.

I have no idea what that .gif is supposed to be and feel slightly disturbed watching it.  I'm just trying to reason with this guy, lol.

Just now, CharlesCC2 said:

I have no idea what that .gif is supposed to be and feel slightly disturbed watching it.  I'm just trying to reason with this guy, lol.

He's a bias Packers' fan, there is no reasoning with the guy shown by GIF.

15 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

He was top 4 TE in b2b seasons in Seattle before joining the Packers. #BiasPackerFan

Using last years final rankings as a baseline comparison, he finished 14th, 7th, 7th, 13th and 22nd in PPR over his career outside of New Orleans. Who has the bias? Everyone. Truth.

Edited by Spyplane

12 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

The only argument I can make is sometimes circumstances can align and create the perfect storm.  I just feel like he's found a situation that might work for him.  Nagy putting him in a scheme where he's a primary read (and lining him up in the slot), Foles who was used to having a TE as a factor in Ertz possibly looking to him regularly, the offense looking for production outside of Robinson, especially with Cohen being done, and most importantly being healthy.

He hasn't been a major factor in years, he's getting older, it all adds up to lead one to be skeptical in a sudden resurgence.  Despite that, my gut is telling me there could be something here and Graham could surprise.  I don't blame anybody for having their doubts though.

Hope it works out for you.