Sign in to follow this  
BaBaBooey

Keeper Draft Question (WHIR)

Recommended Posts

0.5PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1Flex, 3 player keeper, Draft is tomorrow:
 

Keeping Mike Thomas, Devante Adams, and Nick Chubb. I draft at the 8th position. My first 3 picks will be from 4.08, 5.04 and 5.05. I received 5.04 via trade where I gave away my 6th round pick and Chris Carson, so 5.04 is effectively my 6th round pick. I’m pretty decided against QB/TE at this stage of the draft, unless Andrews slips to the fifth round then maybe.

 

I estimate that the player pool available by the time it gets to 4.08 will be something like:

RB: Melvin Gordon, David Johnson, Cam Akers, Hunt, Dobbins, Mostert, etc

WR: AJ Brown, Kupp, Chark, and about 10 other guys in that mid round tier. 
 

with my first 3 picks I’m thinking I have to go either 2RB/1WR or 1RB/2WR. I’m only keeping one RB so getting 2 makes sense, but there’s so much value there at WR it might make sense to double dip at WR, secure Hunt or one of the rookies, and load up on mid-late RBs like Howard and Lindsay. Considering that it’s a keeper league, the guys I’m keeping, and that we start 3WR:

A) would you prefer to go 2RB/1WR or 1RB/2WR? 
B ) out of the RBs listed would you rather go with the older RB on a new team with a sure role (DJ, Melvin) or go with young upside (Hunt, Cam, Dobbins)? It would feel like a reach to grab Dobbins there but it is a keeper.

 

thanks, WHIr

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d probably go 2 RB / 1 WR. And one more established guy and one with upside. For WR, just go best available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BaBaBooey said:

0.5PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1Flex, 3 player keeper, Draft is tomorrow:
 

Keeping Mike Thomas, Devante Adams, and Nick Chubb. I draft at the 8th position. My first 3 picks will be from 4.08, 5.04 and 5.05. I received 5.04 via trade where I gave away my 6th round pick and Chris Carson, so 5.04 is effectively my 6th round pick. I’m pretty decided against QB/TE at this stage of the draft, unless Andrews slips to the fifth round then maybe.

 

I estimate that the player pool available by the time it gets to 4.08 will be something like:

RB: Melvin Gordon, David Johnson, Cam Akers, Hunt, Dobbins, Mostert, etc

WR: AJ Brown, Kupp, Chark, and about 10 other guys in that mid round tier. 
 

with my first 3 picks I’m thinking I have to go either 2RB/1WR or 1RB/2WR. I’m only keeping one RB so getting 2 makes sense, but there’s so much value there at WR it might make sense to double dip at WR, secure Hunt or one of the rookies, and load up on mid-late RBs like Howard and Lindsay. Considering that it’s a keeper league, the guys I’m keeping, and that we start 3WR:

A) would you prefer to go 2RB/1WR or 1RB/2WR? 
B ) out of the RBs listed would you rather go with the older RB on a new team with a sure role (DJ, Melvin) or go with young upside (Hunt, Cam, Dobbins)? It would feel like a reach to grab Dobbins there but it is a keeper.

 

thanks, WHIr

 

Given your two keepers are WR, you must go 2RB/1WR with your first three picks. You have to go heavy on RB in your situation. You can't afford not to.

For the 4.08 I'd target Kupp, DJ, Gordon in that order. Kupp is a tier above everyone else you listed. Gordon and DJ are in the same tier as AJ Brown is WR. Given your needs, RB takes precedent unless Kupp is there. If you end up taking Kupp, grab a rookie RB on the turn around.

I'd rather go with a seasoned RB to help you win NOW. It's going to take some time for Akers to become established, and Dobbins will not establish himself this year. 100% take Hunt if he's there over the rookies on the turn around though because he'll be the bellcow for some other team this time next season, and could be keeper worth over Chubb.

Thanks for the help on mine!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

 

Given your two keepers are WR, you must go 2RB/1WR with your first three picks. You have to go heavy on RB in your situation. You can't afford not to.

For the 4.08 I'd target Kupp, DJ, Gordon in that order. Kupp is a tier above everyone else you listed. Gordon and DJ are in the same tier as AJ Brown is WR. Given your needs, RB takes precedent unless Kupp is there. If you end up taking Kupp, grab a rookie RB on the turn around.

I'd rather go with a seasoned RB to help you win NOW. It's going to take some time for Akers to become established, and Dobbins will not establish himself this year. 100% take Hunt if he's there over the rookies on the turn around though because he'll be the bellcow for some other team this time next season, and could be keeper worth over Chubb.

Thanks for the help on mine!

 

Agree with this, take the 2 best RBs availability with your first 2 picks, unless a stud WR has slipped to you then go WR, RB, RB, gl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would take 2rbs and 1 wr

 

for a keeper league I would go young dobbins and hunt 

wr I like brown the best

 

thanks for mine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for helping with mine. Given it's a keeper I'd probably go Hunt Brown Dobbins in that order in order to maximize options for next year. If one's not available just go with best player available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

Agree with this, take the 2 best RBs availability with your first 2 picks, unless a stud WR has slipped to you then go WR, RB, RB, gl

This!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would try and go Melvin Gordon, Kupp and then Akers in that order

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also think you should do 2 rb and 1 wr. But I’m high on the rams rookie. I am a rams fan tho haha. Best wr is kupp so if he’s available it kind of takes Akers off the board for you. A.J. brown is solid tho. I’d most likely take one of the vets Gordon/hunt one of the rooks and A.J. brown or chark. Especially with Thomas and Adams. Stacking kupp would be nice but idk about Chubb and hunt being your best rb’s. I’d like one back in between them. Funny I I took Gordon in my draft before hunt for this reason and still ended up with hunt 😭😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Chargers88 said:

I would take 2rbs and 1 wr

 

for a keeper league I would go young dobbins and hunt 

wr I like brown the best

 

thanks for mine

I agree with this. With the first pick you have to go RB and then maybe get dobbins, or hunt, then best wr available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this