Phillip Lindsay 2020 Outlook

• tonycpsu changed the title to Phillip Lindsay 2020 Outlook
  • Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got a bit interested in the Gordon/Lindsay split question so I did what anyone who is trying to answer a question should do: went looking for evidence.  That in a minute, but first let us talk about

Indeed! He's constantly having to prove he's the better RB. He beat Royce and that other garbage his rookie season. It's too bad he got hurt because he's definitely a better RB than Gordon at this poi

Denver seems to be the Detroit of the west when it comes to their RB situation.  They bury their best guys and then try to force the guys they "want" to do well even when they suck.  Remember when CJ

I was curious what others are thinking his value would be this season as well. He's had a solid floor and a decent RB2ish it seems that last couple seasons. 

2 hours ago, tonywow said:

I was curious what others are thinking his value would be this season as well. He's had a solid floor and a decent RB2ish it seems that last couple seasons. 

Currently as things stand I see him as an RB3/Flex, with the occasional blow up game if he cashes in a tuddie. I would not comfortably start him unless Gordon was limited or out. He's a great back to have on the bench as a depth piece or in deeper leagues just plug him in & hope for the best.

You could do alot worse than Phillip Lindsay 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 2

Evidently Gordon has had some issues adjusting to the altitude in Denver, and he’s also nursing a rib injury. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think Lindsay will get close to an even share of the snaps in the early going. That said, they didn’t make Gordon the 6th highest paid RB if their goal was to play them both and play the hot hand. I think the best case scenario for Lindsay owners is that we see the same type of rotation Gordon came from when he shared the backfield with Ekeler, which would make Lindsay a flex option most weeks and might deliver you some RB2 performances along with some real duds. It’s going to take a Gordon injury or perpetual ineffectiveness (and we’ve seen both from him already in his career) to elevate Lindsay beyond that. 

It’s a shame given that Lindsay is a guy anyone can root for—unheralded, criminally underrated, and unusually productive. People always want to count him out and this guy proves them wrong time and time again. If there’s anyone that can come out this year and shock everyone it’s Lindsay, but admittedly it is unlikely given his situation. 

• Like 3

It’s not completely insane to start him week one if you happen to be in a 12 or 14 team league that drafted early on and you have, say, Fournette and Akers as your RB 2 and RB 3. I would probably start him over those two if Henderson is active. 

I have him on every team somehow despite never targeting him. He just fell so far in drafts...round 9, 10, 11 even...

I think he’s a great non-sexy value pick and should return decent low end RB2/high end RB3 numbers for a low price.  Plus I think Melvin is going to break down at some point this year.  

Edited by cheezor42
  • Like 2

He runs hard and has good vision. I watched him quite a bit after I picked him up off the WW. He has the ability to turn any play into a big gain. Sad that he plays second fiddle to another back this year, but that is just the way of the road. That can change in an instant. I would rather own him than not if an injury happens.

Edited by drunkb
On 9/9/2020 at 10:07 PM, AnchorDown said:

Evidently Gordon has had some issues adjusting to the altitude in Denver, and he’s also nursing a rib injury. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think Lindsay will get close to an even share of the snaps in the early going. That said, they didn’t make Gordon the 6th highest paid RB if their goal was to play them both and play the hot hand. I think the best case scenario for Lindsay owners is that we see the same type of rotation Gordon came from when he shared the backfield with Ekeler, which would make Lindsay a flex option most weeks and might deliver you some RB2 performances along with some real duds. It’s going to take a Gordon injury or perpetual ineffectiveness (and we’ve seen both from him already in his career) to elevate Lindsay beyond that. 

It’s a shame given that Lindsay is a guy anyone can root for—unheralded, criminally underrated, and unusually productive. People always want to count him out and this guy proves them wrong time and time again. If there’s anyone that can come out this year and shock everyone it’s Lindsay, but admittedly it is unlikely given his situation. 

Definitely rooting for the guy. He's been productive against all odds and shown himself to be great. This is the biggest test yet but im rooting for him to carve out a role even when gordon is healthy. He's earned that much. 

13 hours ago, Guwop said:

Definitely rooting for the guy. He's been productive against all odds and shown himself to be great. This is the biggest test yet but im rooting for him to carve out a role even when gordon is healthy. He's earned that much. 

He's just a great kid, you never hear anyone say a negative remark about Phillip, fantasy or otherwise. 

A Denver native, Tore his ACL in High School ,  Offered a Scholarship to Colorado U , Snubbed for an NFL Combine Invite, Undrafted FA .

Hit the ground running when the Broncos called him up. 

One of those feel good stories you love to see. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Most disrespected player in the league. Melvin Gordon should be carrying his water bottle.

Denver seems to be the Detroit of the west when it comes to their RB situation.  They bury their best guys and then try to force the guys they "want" to do well even when they suck.  Remember when CJ Anderson was killing it and they wanted to make Booker a thing, for lord knows what reason. Then brought in Charles who was washed up.  Now they have Lindsay doing well and they "HAVE" to get Freeman the ball.  Then Lindsay still outperforms him, so they bring in Melvin Gordon who is statistically worse than Lindsay in every rushing category and give him the job. 

Gordon, has in his 5 seasons, 1 year of 1,000+ yards, and 1 year of a YPC over 4.0.  Lindsay, in 2 seasons, has 2 1,000 yard seasons, and both of his years have been well over 4.0 ypc.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
56 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Denver seems to be the Detroit of the west when it comes to their RB situation.  They bury their best guys and then try to force the guys they "want" to do well even when they suck.  Remember when CJ Anderson was killing it and they wanted to make Booker a thing, for lord knows what reason. Then brought in Charles who was washed up.  Now they have Lindsay doing well and they "HAVE" to get Freeman the ball.  Then Lindsay still outperforms him, so they bring in Melvin Gordon who is statistically worse than Lindsay in every rushing category and give him the job. 

Gordon, has in his 5 seasons, 1 year of 1,000+ yards, and 1 year of a YPC over 4.0.  Lindsay, in 2 seasons, has 2 1,000 yard seasons, and both of his years have been well over 4.0 ypc.

Sums it up perfectly. Couldn't the broncos spent that money elsewhere? Lindsay took the job and ran with it despite being "too small" 

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

He's just a great kid, you never hear anyone say a negative remark about Phillip, fantasy or otherwise. 

A Denver native, Tore his ACL in High School ,  Offered a Scholarship to Colorado U , Snubbed for an NFL Combine Invite, Undrafted FA .

Hit the ground running when the Broncos called him up. 

One of those feel good stories you love to see. 

Yea man gonna keep rooting for him. Nothing but perseverance 

Ankle injury?

(1 hr ago) Lindsay is considered questionable to return Monday due to an ankle injury, Zac Stevens of TheDNVR.com reports.

It's unclear exactly when Lindsay suffered the ankle issue, but the report surfaced after the Broncos emerged for the start of the second half. If he can't return, Melvin Gordon figures to handle the vast majority of snaps in the backfield.

1 minute ago, herschel said:

Ankle injury?

(1 hr ago) Lindsay is considered questionable to return Monday due to an ankle injury, Zac Stevens of TheDNVR.com reports.

It's unclear exactly when Lindsay suffered the ankle issue, but the report surfaced after the Broncos emerged for the start of the second half. If he can't return, Melvin Gordon figures to handle the vast majority of snaps in the backfield.

Gordon won for me this week (TD yes!)  ... did not know Lindsay was out.

Anyone dropping ? 

He's been solid last couple years but with hot RB FA adds popping up all over it's hard to decide what to do here. Still unclear if he's going to be out a week or more, if he does suit up how much his production may suffer. 

• tonycpsu locked and unlocked this topic