jdizzle

Phillip Lindsay 2020 Outlook

He looked better than Gordon before going out (especially considering Gordon fumbled which Lindsay has never done).  Im holding....

3 minutes ago, herschel said:

He looked better than Gordon before going out (especially considering Gordon fumbled which Lindsay has never done).  Im holding....

Indeed! He's constantly having to prove he's the better RB. He beat Royce and that other garbage his rookie season. It's too bad he got hurt because he's definitely a better RB than Gordon at this point. MGIII's best days are over. He's good, but Lindsay is just better.

4ezs5n.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tonywow said:

Anyone dropping ? 

He's been solid last couple years but with hot RB FA adds popping up all over it's hard to decide what to do here. Still unclear if he's going to be out a week or more, if he does suit up how much his production may suffer. 

I love Lindsay, but turf toe is notoriously tough to shake off. It could be a week or two, or could hobble him all season. 

I’m not great at RB, so I don’t have the time to wait and see when he gets back. 

I’m bidding on two of those hot RB FA adds, and dropping Lindsay. 
If I had better RB depth, it might be worth waiting. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, herschel said:

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Indeed! He's constantly having to prove he's the better RB. He beat Royce and that other garbage his rookie season. It's too bad he got hurt because he's definitely a better RB than Gordon at this point. MGIII's best days are over. He's good, but Lindsay is just better.

4ezs5n.jpg

Honestly thought Gordon looked better running the ball before Lindsay went down and definitely after. Gordon looked quick and decisive. Lindsay is a very good back though and he does a lot of things well. It looked clear to me that he worked on his receiving chops and blocking during the off-season.

Gordon has to hold onto the ball though. That fumble was brutal. He’s better at the goal line imo and that’s why the Broncos brought him in. 

Lindsay was 0-2 with his goal line chances.

• Like 2

Turf toe is an awful injury.  Expect Lindsay to be hampered all year even when he plays.  A huge opening for Gordon. 

• Like 3

Sounds like he’s expected to miss the next few weeks. Denver has some tough matchups coming up though. 

To be honest, I've never seen any RB/WR come back from turf toe and not have the same issues related to it flaring up... I am very tempted to let someone else deal with the headache once I have a target in mind...

It's too bad as he was having majority of the work once MGIII fumbled the ball...

MGIII also played decently well and was breaking out big runs near the end of the third and fourth quarter...

28 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

To be honest, I've never seen any RB/WR come back from turf toe and not have the same issues related to it flaring up... I am very tempted to let someone else deal with the headache once I have a target in mind...

It's too bad as he was having majority of the work once MGIII fumbled the ball...

MGIII also played decently well and was breaking out big runs near the end of the third and fourth quarter...

All about degree of the injury.  They say this is mild.  

put me down for week 4 return 

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

All about degree of the injury.  They say this is mild.  

put me down for week 4 return 

mild and seeking a second opinion...

we shall see... I haven't found anyone i like more than Lindsay but... as soon as I could...

2 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

mild and seeking a second opinion...

we shall see... I haven't found anyone i like more than Lindsay but... as soon as I could...

Yeah the rotoworld blurb seemed to try to spin it like he was seeking a 2nd opinion because it was mild and he was trying to come back quick. Wha? I've never seen someone get a second opinion unless the first one wasn't what they wanted to hear

• Like 2

Just give him the IR / O designation on Yahoo already. That's what I need

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Just give him the IR / O designation on Yahoo already. That's what I need

Turf toe is a pain.  I've never really seen a player come back from turf toe well by taking one or two weeks off.  I want to say Melvin even had a year where turf toe was nagging him.  I have to agree.  Put him on IR. 

8 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Turf toe is a pain.  I've never really seen a player come back from turf toe well by taking one or two weeks off.  I want to say Melvin even had a year where turf toe was nagging him.  I have to agree.  Put him on IR. 

Yea of course turf toe is a mother **** . Davante had it last season too . AJ Green has had it every year of his professional career lol ( j/k ) 

It can linger, and is absolute kryptonite to a WR or RB .. especially when making those cuts. 

3 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Yea of course turf toe is a mother **** . Davante had it last season too . AJ Green has had it every year of his professional career lol ( j/k ) 

It can linger, and is absolute kryptonite to a WR or RB .. especially when making those cuts. 

They should rename it from Turf Toe to AJ Green Toe

• Haha 2

"Second Opinion" - Never good news... C'est La Vie

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1307670582411001857?s=20

More running back news: #Broncos RB Phillip Lindsay is out 2-4 weeks with a toe sprain, sources say, following the results of his second opinion. That means he’s out today and likely next week, too. After that, he could return for Denver.
Edited by Szer0

See, even if Lindsay is actually better than Gordon, this type of thing is why they have both.

Why is he doubtful now when they clearly said out multiple weeks???? Can’t even keep him IL for waiver pickups now 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Asapjoshy said:

Why is he doubtful now when they clearly said out multiple weeks???? Can’t even keep him IL for waiver pickups now 

That is so stupid. I'm waiting for Mostert to be IR eligible but now Lindsay is my problem. Sucks that there is no other idea from yahoo perspective than: "If he is not ruled out by the team, he get's no O" - even when they declare him out just right before the game.

Edited by dorwell
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dorwell said:

That is so stupid. I'm waiting for Mostert to be IR eligible but now Lindsay is my problem. Sucks that there is no other idea from yahoo perspective than: "If he is not ruled out by the team, he get's no O" - even when they declare him out right before the game.

With all the waiver pickups / injuries too basically have to cut him now.. garbage move by yahoo. He’s not doubtful he’s literally 100% out 

1 hour ago, dorwell said:

That is so stupid. I'm waiting for Mostert to be IR eligible but now Lindsay is my problem. Sucks that there is no other idea from yahoo perspective than: "If he is not ruled out by the team, he get's no O" - even when they declare him out just right before the game.

1 hour ago, Asapjoshy said:

With all the waiver pickups / injuries too basically have to cut him now.. garbage move by yahoo. He’s not doubtful he’s literally 100% out 

Yup this makes no sense on Yahoo’s part. If anything he should be designated IR instead of going from O to (D)oubtful. 

The last update on him was he could miss multiple weeks. 

Yahoo needs to wait for the team to actually list questionable in the coming weeks or doubtful, whatever. 

Then yeah change it. That I would get. 

Not this stupidity where every monday/tuesday IR players, most of them turn to Questionable. When the team hasn’t even reported anything. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, dsrich said:

No clue why he’s listed as doubtful, can’t place on IR. 

Hasn't been ruled out by the Broncos