jdizzle

Phillip Lindsay 2020 Outlook

Lindsay is a quality back but I don't see him being a great option if he were to start @NE. He's "back" from turf toe but that is an injury that lingers - I'd prefer he get more time to heal up. 

Fangio is mulling sitting MG this week - I don't see why he'd do that when the league already has its process. If he actually does that Lindsay is a desperation start only this week imo - a lot of desperation out there I know.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Herndon had a DUI one fall and he was suspended for the beginning of the next season. So, it could drag out. It isn't so open and shut because if he fights it then it will drag on. With COVID court cases are backed up anyway.

His arraignment is Nov 13th,  and barring something other than a no contest plea-   That’s about the latest you can hope for.  

Edited by Impreza178

30 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Lindsay is a quality back but I don't see him being a great option if he were to start @NE. He's "back" from turf toe but that is an injury that lingers - I'd prefer he get more time to heal up. 

Fangio is mulling sitting MG this week - I don't see why he'd do that when the league already has its process. If he actually does that Lindsay is a desperation start only this week imo - a lot of desperation out there I know.

i dont see it as a desperation start as much as it might be a low ceiling start. assuming mg doesnt play, i think a low double digit floor is very probable (in ppr - 40 yards rushing, 4 receptions, 20 yards receiving).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, herschel said:

i dont see it as a desperation start as much as it might be a low ceiling start. assuming mg doesnt play, i think a low double digit floor is very probable (in ppr - 40 yards rushing, 4 receptions, 20 yards receiving).

Agreed. I know it's sorta semantics, but I'd say it's risky more than desperate. Lindsay is solid. Lindsay without Gordon should get 70% of the work. That's an RB2. The concern is if they ease him back or the toe flares up. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

What about the toe?

nothing to be afraid of.   He would have played last week.  And now MG goes and sabotages his hold on the 1A job.

lindsay is a solid flex this week    

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 1

Lindsay would’ve played last week. He’s GTG. And Gordon’s DUI only helps him. Fangio is an old-school hard a** type of coach. I could easily see him having Gordon sit out this week to send a message, or at least sit out the 1st half. This is Lindsay’s big chance to impress. Lock and Fant should be back too. 👍🏻

• Like 1

NE is a lousy matchup for Gordon. For a gimped Lindsay - that's desperation in my mind.

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

nothing to be afraid of.   He would have played last week.  And now MG goes and sabotages his hold on the 1A job.

lindsay is a solid flex this week    

Bri you gotta up your Big Lebowski game! 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Savatage79 said:

Bri you gotta up your Big Lebowski game! 😂

Whew!

thought I felt something breezing over my head 💨 

• Haha 1

Lindsay jamming his toe into low-RB2 status this week, he's gonna get a lot of work.

• Like 1

All the Gordon stuff is false hope. Any illness outside of COVID isn't keeping a player out, and the DUI likely won't be resolved for months. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

All the Gordon stuff is false hope. Any illness outside of COVID isn't keeping a player out, and the DUI likely won't be resolved for months. 

Pats had another positive COVID test.

Outside of COVID, when was the last time a very relevant starter missed a game due to illness? I just don't see it happening. Unless it's a roundabout way of suspending him. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Outside of COVID, when was the last time a very relevant starter missed a game due to illness? I just don't see it happening. Unless it's a roundabout way of suspending him. 

IDK but over in the MG thread, it's almost a foregone conclusion.

15 minutes ago, candygram4mongo said:

Buzz kill. 

I’ll try to stay optimistic. 

Aye aye aye...bout to just flex Harris and call it a day

9 hours ago, candygram4mongo said:

Buzz kill. 

I’ll try to stay optimistic. 

1 minute ago, Szer0 said:

Cue the Travolta Pulp Fiction gif... 🤨

• Like 2

He will get 15-20 touches that’s good enough for most of yalls flex including mine. Welcome back Phil!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Cue the Travolta Pulp Fiction gif... 🤨

This one right?

free-animated-gifs-of-confused-travolta-

3 hours ago, cheezor42 said:

He will get 15-20 touches that’s good enough for most of yalls flex including mine. Welcome back Phil!

I am concerned that he may get half that.

Any other takes on this?

2 minutes ago, Proteus said:

I am concerned that he may get half that.

Any other takes on this?

And why do you think that