Boudewijn

Hunter Henry 2020 Outlook

Hunter Henry: 4 seasons, 41 games, one full season missed and several games in each of the other seasons. Best season was 55/650/5, but he is now drafted as TE9 which seems plenty high to me. I'm really not that confident he can stay healthy for 16 games, so don't go bareback when you draft him.

The second consideration is that Keenan Allen and Ekeler should really be ahead of him in the pecking order, and so would a healthy Mike Williams; but on the other hand it's also possible Tyrod Taylor would throw him a couple more balls. Still, I don't think there's Kittle/Kelce material here.

7 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Hunter Henry: 4 seasons, 41 games, one full season missed and several games in each of the other seasons. Best season was 55/650/5, but he is now drafted as TE9 which seems plenty high to me. I'm really not that confident he can stay healthy for 16 games, so don't go bareback when you draft him.

The second consideration is that Keenan Allen and Ekeler should really be ahead of him in the pecking order, and so would a healthy Mike Williams; but on the other hand it's also possible Tyrod Taylor would throw him a couple more balls. Still, I don't think there's Kittle/Kelce material here.

A couple weeks ago I heard they were running the Ravens offense in practice, which could boost Hunters outlook. I wasn't targeting him this yr, but got him in one league were he fell to the 9th and I still hadn't taken a TE

Edited by scheibler

1 hour ago, scheibler said:

A couple weeks ago I heard they were running the Ravens offense in practice, which could boost Hunters outlook. I wasn't targeting him this yr, but got him in one league were he fell to the 9th and I still hadn't taken a TE

Running the Ravens offense only works if you have Lamar Jackson, which Tyrod is clearly not.  LJs threat of run produces the wide open looks that Andrews gets.

7 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Running the Ravens offense only works if you have Lamar Jackson, which Tyrod is clearly not.  LJs threat of run produces the wide open looks that Andrews gets.

I imagine teams will be selling out to stop the run and making tyrod throw just like they do to Lamar. Nobody fears Tyrod arm. Chargers strong point should be their run gahe and defense. Hunter is really the only pass catcher on this team I'd be moderately interested in. He's also their best red zone threat 

He's in with Evan Engram. Big talent but always injury concerns.

Edited by Spyplane

8 minutes ago, scheibler said:

I imagine teams will be selling out to stop the run and making tyrod throw just like they do to Lamar. Nobody fears Tyrod arm. Chargers strong point should be their run gahe and defense. Hunter is really the only pass catcher on this team I'd be moderately interested in. He's also their best red zone threat 

Tyrod was a stud with Sammy Watkins in Buffalo.  He can sling it.

Not a hunter fan but I think he is seriously being underrated this year

when Tyrod starts he loves TEs and if Tyrod hurts anyone it’s the WRs, I’m avoiding allen in all drafts at his adp

when Herbert comes in a big body TE will be his best friend safety blanket

if he can stay healthy should be in for a big year

Just now, gus030 said:

Not a hunter fan but I think he is seriously being underrated this year

when Tyrod starts he loves TEs and if Tyrod hurts anyone it’s the WRs, I’m avoiding allen in all drafts at his adp

when Herbert comes in a big body TE will be his best friend safety blanket

if he can stay healthy should be in for a big year

Avoid Allen at your own risk. He runs basically the same routes as a tight end does...he's going to be just fine, and got a mega extension 

6 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Avoid Allen at your own risk. He runs basically the same routes as a tight end does...he's going to be just fine, and got a mega extension 

Every year Tyrod started no player caught more then 60 balls, Allen has 90-100 catches last several years he’s not a big play guy.  His production will take a serious hit if Herbert doesn’t get the call early or if Herbert is bad as well.

in all 3 years tyrod started, Charles clay caught 50+ balls

• Like 1

If yesterday is any indication of the potential between Taylor and Henry, this could be a very solid year for Henry.  Lead the team in receiving and was inches away from landing a TD.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

If yesterday is any indication of the potential between Taylor and Henry, this could be a very solid year for Henry.  Lead the team in receiving and was inches away from landing a TD.  

And if/when they do switch to Herbert, I feel like the rookie QB will lean on his TE as a security blanket.

36 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Agreed - pretty encouraged by yesterday's output, though it seemed like most / all of it came in the first half. Ertz may not be an automatic start over Henry going forward, though some of that is due to Goedert potentially emerging.

Starting Henry but have Goedert backup. 
Like another said, rolling Henry until he breaks.  The add of TT big factor in me targeting him this year.  Had him last year too but ended up rolling Waller all season. 
Great first outing IMO.  Feel like his floor is super solid with lots of upside.  

First dud game but he should see more targets with Ekeler out. He's settling nicely as a mid range TE1 and was a great value in drafts.

Agreed should see an uptick in targets. 

Yep. He should also move up naturally because I think experts have to start moving Ertz down at this point...

What are you all doing with him moving forward? He gets targets, but just doesn't convert to much fantasy relevance. What do you all think?

3 minutes ago, Squidward said:

What are you all doing with him moving forward? He gets targets, but just doesn't convert to much fantasy relevance. What do you all think?

I blame Herbert. Doesn't he know rookie QB's are supposed to rely heavily on their TE's?

SMH...

He and Herbert have zero chemistry, Henry doesn't look like he's separating all that well, and Herbert's big knock coming out was his intermediate accuracy. In theory Henry should be eating. If it didn't look better coming out of the bye week though, I'm not sure it will, regardless of what the analyst say. Even so, TEs still a wasteland so he's probably worth starting

5 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I blame Herbert. Doesn't he know rookie QB's are supposed to rely heavily on their TE's?

SMH...

Same. Can't help but to think Henry would be better with Tyrod. He's 95% rostered in Yahoo and played almost as a weekly start every week. However, we keep seeing TONS of TE's outscore him each week for fantasy. I think I am moving on from him.

10 minutes ago, Squidward said:

Same. Can't help but to think Henry would be better with Tyrod. He's 95% rostered in Yahoo and played almost as a weekly start every week. However, we keep seeing TONS of TE's outscore him each week for fantasy. I think I am moving on from him.

Only way you'll see Tytrash back is a Herbert injury. He's looking like the future right now. Just gotta hope him and Henry eventually start clicking. Hard to start right now, though.