Boudewijn

Hunter Henry 2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, Squidward said:

Same. Can't help but to think Henry would be better with Tyrod. He's 95% rostered in Yahoo and played almost as a weekly start every week. However, we keep seeing TONS of TE's outscore him each week for fantasy. I think I am moving on from him.

To whom? It's a wasteland out there.

4 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Likely just streaming week to week. In one league, I've been streaming, and another, I've been consistently playing Henry. Getting WAY more points at the TE position streaming so far.

As a Chargers fan I've been really frustrated with Henry.

I don't know who's fault it is, if Henry is just not running the routes correct or Herbert is throwing too early, but every time Henry gets a pass either 1) he hasn't even turned his head yet to look at the ball or 2) He makes absolutely no effort to go up and get it. There were at least 3 throws to him last night where the ball was catch-able, he looked at it, and then just walked out the route and let the ball sail over. Really disappointed as this guy is in a contract year and I thought he'd for sure be a stud. 

Edited by harck

6 hours ago, harck said:

As a Chargers fan I've been really frustrated with Henry.

I don't know who's fault it is, if Henry is just not running the routes correct or Herbert is throwing too early, but every time Henry gets a pass either 1) he hasn't even turned his head yet to look at the ball or 2) He makes absolutely no effort to go up and get it. There were at least 3 throws to him last night where the ball was catch-able, he looked at it, and then just walked out the route and let the ball sail over. Really disappointed as this guy is in a contract year and I thought he'd for sure be a stud

Me too brother. Me too. 

• Like 1

At least they targeted him in the end zone on the very first drive. 

7 hours ago, Vendetta said:

Exactly. He's had 2 duds in the last 3 games but thats just the nature of the position. Its hard to find TEs that are getting 7 targets a game.

• Like 1

Herbert only (mostly) has eyes for Keenan Allen.  Opposing teams might start bracketing Allen and force Herbert to throw the ball elsewhere.  Like, perhaps to Hunter Henry.

don't worry, the experts will still have him ranked in the 5-6 range for week 9.... so that = production. nevermind the fact he hasnt had over 50 yards receiving since week 2.

Tight end is such a wasteland that you can keep him going if you want, but he's a TD dependent guy in the Herbert offense. 

On 10/26/2020 at 6:40 PM, Evincar said:

Exactly. He's had 2 duds in the last 3 games but thats just the nature of the position. Its hard to find TEs that are getting 7 targets a game.

I keep telling myself the same thing. That the targets are signs of better things to come, but he keeps disappointing me week after week. I honestly think the only TEs that deserve to rostered (rest of season) are Kittle, Kelce, Waller and "maybe" Goedert. All the others, including Jonnu and Henry, are really no better than half the streamers available on the waiver wire. #reality

What a disappointment this guy has been. Herbert doesn’t look his way at all. KA owners are sure loving life, though.

3 hours ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I keep telling myself the same thing. That the targets are signs of better things to come, but he keeps disappointing me week after week. I honestly think the only TEs that deserve to rostered (rest of season) are Kittle, Kelce, Waller and "maybe" Goedert. All the others, including Jonnu and Henry, are really no better than half the streamers available on the waiver wire. #reality

I would throw Hockenson in that group. He's been consistent. I still rather play Henry every week than stream. The top streamers this week in my league were Ross Dwelley, Doyle, Albert O. Henry only had like 3 less points than these guys because all they did was fall into the endzone. Most streamers are just as likely to put up a donut or 1 catch game than actually be a difference maker. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe you don't know what you've got til it's gone, but I can't understand sites that tell me, week in and week out, that this guy is a borderline Top 5 TE. I'd rather drop this loser and take my chances streaming, though at least this week he got a couple of targets in the end zone.

40 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Maybe you don't know what you've got til it's gone, but I can't understand sites that tell me, week in and week out, that this guy is a borderline Top 5 TE. I'd rather drop this loser and take my chances streaming, though at least this week he got a couple of targets in the end zone.

I saw one of them. He was being held by a DB but appeared to break free and get his head around before the ball got to him. He made ZERO effort to catch the ball. And, it looked very catch-able. I mean, his arms never left his side. I was like WTF dude. Why did you not even try to catch the ball? 

5 minutes ago, The G Man said:

I saw one of them. He was being held by a DB but appeared to break free and get his head around before the ball got to him. He made ZERO effort to catch the ball. And, it looked very catch-able. I mean, his arms never left his side. I was like WTF dude. Why did you not even try to catch the ball? 

Yikes... might be time to pivot to another one of these low-end TE1 types if you can get one on the cheap (e.g., Goedert).

HH been really disappointing this year. Hopefully the rookie QB gives him more targets.

7 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Yikes... might be time to pivot to another one of these low-end TE1 types if you can get one on the cheap (e.g., Goedert).

Goedert is a top 5 TE, you aint getting him for cheap. Henry is helping but he isnt killing you either.

They have their best QB probably since Fouts and Henry is busting. Coincidence? Tough to accept that.

5 hours ago, miasma16 said:

He gets ranked as a TE1 because after Kelce, Waller, Hock, etc they just have to list names because thats how pathetic TE is this season. He's still has a high snap count, gets targets and runs routes. Hard to find TEs who can do that. If the regular starting TEs arent doing much who exactly are you going to stream over them?

Been a tough year for anyone named "Hunter". 

Holding, since the WWs mostly are just as bad, and he's attached to a top 5 QB with upside every week. 

Goes to show Kelce was definitely worth getting drafted in the 2nd round.

Just back in the pack at TE I guess. Damn, was looking forward to having a decent TE second half of the season. We're back to streaming, lads.