BrianM

Who'd you target and hit/miss?

1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

The team who drafted in front of me sniped quite a few of my picks. 

Misses

Kyler Murray - Murray was my wait out the early QB rush plan, but I had to pivot when he was drafted in the early 4th (10 team league). Ended up with Allen as a my QB. I'm not thrilled with it, but it is what it is. 

Kupp - Taken with the 1st pick in the 7th (right before me). Had to settle for McLaurin

Ingram - Was torn between him and Mostert in round 5. Took Ingram (panic pick) and Mostert was still there in the 6th round. Should have waited or have drafted Hunt. 

Hits

Conner - early round 3

A-Robinson - late round 4

H.Henry - Late round 9. Pretty happy I waited on TE. Also drafted Hurst VERY late (couldn't just let him sit there) thinking if he hits I might be able to trade Henry. 

McLaurin instead of Kupp might be the best "mistake" you ever make.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Curious as to why?

Got him in the 6th in a 14 teamer. He's my WR3. (Chark, MBrown) I know I should be happy but was so hard to take him.

Had him everywhere last year...but that was at the very end of every draft. Just reeks of the set up for disappointment.

Would love a positive sales pitch.

I liked what I saw from him last year, not many options outside of Preston Williams returning from an injury & Mike Gesicki. He should be peppered with targets, their run game is mehhh and so is their defense.

Edited by RunCMC

6 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I liked what I saw from him last year, not many options outside of Preston Williams returning from an injury & Mike Gesicki. He should be peppered with targets, their run game is mehhh and so is their defense.

Agreed. Injury and targets have been his impediment in the past.  When he’s played and gotten the targets, he produces. Very talented player and very good athlete.  He’s a target for me for sure.

44 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

McLaurin instead of Kupp might be the best "mistake" you ever make.

I don't know...I"m pretty high on Kupp this year. In hindsight, the pick made sense because I played it safe with my first two WRs (Hill and A-Rob).

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Did phillip rivers return to SD?

If not ekelers receptions will take a huge hit 

Why? It doesn't take a "great" QB to dump it off to a RB. Sure Taylor might run a bit more, but he's going to be dumping the ball off to Ekeler PLENTY.

33 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Yeah, I don't know why I'm so down on him? Was the only pick I made that gave me any pause. Happy as my WR3

Missed Fournette, was not happy. Was planning on reaching a lot for him but someone reached even more. 

Barring injury I don't see how he doesn't end up a RB1. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Why? It doesn't take a "great" QB to dump it off to a RB. Sure Taylor might run a bit more, but he's going to be dumping the ball off to Ekeler PLENTY.

Not 90 times like.last season. I like RBs due to progress not regress

My original plan was to wait for a QB until round 9 but Dak Prescott somehow fell past his usual 4/5th so I scooped him up in the 7th

But by doing so I missed out on a ton of low-end RB2/RB3 bench guys like D Mo, A Gibson, L Fournette, etc.... 

9 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

My original plan was to wait for a QB until round 9 but Dak Prescott somehow fell past his usual 4/5th so I scooped him up in the 7th

But by doing so I missed out on a ton of low-end RB2/RB3 bench guys like D Mo, A Gibson, L Fournette, etc.... 

#worthit

• Like 1

Drafted Devante Parker in every league.

Feels good to draft a WR1 in round 5-7.

Was able to target effectively across 4 leagues:

Ridley, D. Parker, Haden Hurst, Stafford, Carson, JuJu, Drake, D. Jax, Slayton, Henry

I was able to get 2-3 shares of each of those guys (Stafford in all four where he's the backup in three of them).

I never had a pick above 7 so I missed out on a lot of the top ranked RB's.  Henry feel to me twice, once in standard.  I would have like to have even more shares of Drake (only had two).  I didn't whiff on anyone I really wanted.  

• Like 1

Finally done, 7 drafts completed (2 $20s, 3 $50s, 2 $100s).  3 full ppr (picks 4, 8, 10; superflex, vampire, and 2rb/2wr/1flex), 1 .75 ppr (pick 7; 2 keeper: zeke and kamara since 2017), 1 .5 ppr (auction, 2rb/3wr), and 2 standard (picks 11, 12; 2rb/2wr/1flex and 2rb/3wr).  All TDs 6 points across the board.

Totally missed: Ridley, DHop, Mike Thomas, Golladay, Conner, Kyler

QB: 2 Daks, 2 Bradys, 2 Minshews, 1 Lamar, 1 Mahomes, 1 Burrow

.....Lamar and Mahomes are clearly the top QBs, but they're expensive.  I'm all in on Dak and Brady this year, and 6th-7th round is great value (especially if you play 6 point passing TDs).  I expect 35+ TDs out of both of them, and I wouldn't be surprised by 40.  Would've liked a share of Kyler, but I'm not entirely sold on him.

RB: 3 Mosterts, 3 Harris, 3 Moss, 3 Drakes, 2 Dobbins, 2 Jacobs, 1 CEH, 1 Sanders, 1 Gurley, 1 DJ

.....Mostert I'm way high on this year, and could've had another share but let him go cheap in auction because hit button too late.  Of the rookie backs, I like Moss as the safest bet and he's good value, but Dobbins is best value.  I took Taylor at 45 in my superflex, but I don't love it - definitely a gamble.  I have Jacobs, Drake, and Sanders on the same level, in that order of preference.  Harris is nice if you have an IR spot to stash him in and see how your first few weeks go.  I really wanted Conner somewhere, but couldn't quite land him.  Never had position for CMC, Saquan, Henry, or Cook.  I eyed Fournette, but he kept getting taken a round higher than I was willing to go.

WR: 5 DJax, 3 Charks, 3 Boyds, 2 Fullers, 2 Edwards, 2 Deebos, 2 Marquis Browns, 1 Moore, 1 Adams, 1 Godwin

.....I tend to be a bit cheap at WR in general, but this year it's as deep as ever.  I reached a bit for Chark, but I'm confident he tops 1200 yards barring injury - Jax will be throwing a lot.  Boyd is just really good value, and could pop big time.  DJax, Fuller, and Deebo are also good values if you're okay with the probability that they'll go down with injury after an uncertain number of games.  Love Godwin for a big year, but so do a lot of people.  Marquis Brown is priced about right - could be a supetstar, but equal possibility he's inconsistent.  Wasn't high enough on Golladay relative to WR positional depth vs RB to forego the latter in his favor.  Same for DHop, who I predict will lead the NFL in TD receptions.  And all my leagues are with people in ATL, so Ridley was always taken just before he fell to where I was comfortable picking him.

TE: 3 Ertz, 1 Kittle, 1 Henry, 1 Hurst

.....Ertz seems poised to have a big year, though I'm more invested in him than I intended to be.  Hurst was consistently a 7th round pick in my drafts, so I finally reached for him there in my least competitive league just to have him on one team.  Tyrod Taylor made Charles Clay a fantasy factor, so I think Henry is going to thrive.  Kittle, if healthy all year, is due for a monster season.  Kelce has more competition for touches around him than ever, and I think the gap between him and this year's average is a lot smaller than it's been.

I missed Kelce and Kittle in all drafts.  I just did not want to push it.  Anyways.... 

Antonio Gibson fell to me at a good point twice ....I took him twice.

Cam Newton was available late twice....I took him twice.

Lockett was taken one pick before I drafted my first WR. I missed Akers by a few picks in the sixth. I didn’t want to get into a bidding war with a Georgia fan over Todd Gurley, and he went for $30.

I ended up getting Josh Jacobs, Hollywood, Dobbins, Hunter Renfrow,  Hockenson, and Josh Kelley on both of my teams.

I had to reach for Jacobs at 1.03 and $59, I spent way too much on Dobbins ($19), and I felt like I reached on Kelley in the 11th.

I missed Z Moss in all my leagues...he was going 6th rd in 12 team PPR high stakes, which was slightly too rich for me. 

Happy to get Theilen in most leagues. 

Got Chark and Montgomery in both leagues. 

Got Montgomery in 6th / 7th of 14/12 team leagues.... happy with the value. 

Got Jonnu in both. Excited about the upside but realize he could just not see enough volume.

Wanted Hollywood everywhere. Got his in my 14 teamer which has a much bigger payout. So that's encouraging.

Missed on J Taylor. Just didn't work out but wanted a piece of that upside. Darrel Williams was a target. Someone was even higher on him than I am which was surprising.

Went against my normal 'wait to take QBs' strategy. Had the 5th/4th picks. Got Mahomes / Jackson and still have 3 quality RBs in both leagues. Jones/Conner/Mont  and Zeke/ Jacobs/ David J... Chark as my WR1. Hollywood/Fuller WR2. Parker/AJ Green WR3. Happy with the result of going against the grain.

6 hours ago, hankmurphy said:

Lockett was taken one pick before I drafted my first WR. I missed Akers by a few picks in the sixth. I didn’t want to get into a bidding war with a Georgia fan over Todd Gurley, and he went for $30.

I ended up getting Josh Jacobs, Hollywood, Dobbins, Hunter Renfrow,  Hockenson, and Josh Kelley on both of my teams.

I had to reach for Jacobs at 1.03 and $59, I spent way too much on Dobbins ($19), and I felt like I reached on Kelley in the 11th.

Wait, you took Jacobs at #3? Wew. Don't get me wrong, I admire your balls.

Edited by leffe186
Tone

7 leagues this year.  

Guys I targeted and got a lot of shares:

DJ Moore - 5 teams

Boston Scott - 4 teams

Chase Edmonds - 5 teams

Diontae Johnson - 5 teams

Bryan Edwards - 4 teams

Guys I targeted but didn't get often:

Mark Ingram - 1 team

Latavius Murray - 1 team

James Robinson - 2 teams

Robert Woods - 1 team

Marquise Brown - 1 team

All my drafts were over the last few days so the "sleeper" status of guys like Robinson wasn't a secret.  

The one player I'm most pissed I didn't come away with more is Robert Woods.  I love Woods this season and in PPR leagues I think he finishes inside the top 15, with top 10 upside based on his TD output.  So so sad I only got 1 share.  

5 hours ago, joshua18 said:

I missed Z Moss in all my leagues...he was going 6th rd in 12 team PPR high stakes, which was slightly too rich for me. 

I'm a Bills fan and I wasn't able to get a single player on the Bills. Nobody is sleeping on them anymore. Last year I was able to get Allen, Singletary, Brown, and their defense for basically nothing. This year I couldn't even get their backup rookie RB anywhere, the price was wayyy to high.

I used to play in multiple leagues, now I'm down to two high stakes 12 team leagues, one snake and one auction keeper.

Guys I targeted and was able to land: CMC x2 for the 2nd consecutive year (pure luck in one league, been a keeper for years in another), Carson, Conner, Ridley, AJ Brown, DeVante Parker, Sterling Shepard x2 (dude was a gimme putt at his ADP), Diontae Johnson (breakout imminent), Zack Moss x2, Antonio Gibson x2, DJ Chark,

Guys I wanted but missed out on: CeeDee Lamb (in the auction keeper league, went for WAY too much), CEH (blew my auction budget on Zeke Elliott instead to pair with CMC 😈), Tyler Boyd (expect him to be the WR1 for a bengals team that should be playing from behind often)

Guys I wasn't targeting, but happy to have: Will Fuller (stay healthy 🤞), Hunter Henry (fell so far it felt like a bargain), Bryan Edwards (scooped as a free agent this week as a potential $2 keeper for next year)

Missed:  DK, Gurley, Conner, Jonu Smith, David Johnson- Miss Clicked for L. Bell :( 

Got:  Ingram/Dobbins Stack, Kupp & Mack

Guys I got:

Drake in 2/3 - think he has a huge year in that offense even with Edmonds getting his. 

AJ Brown in 2/3 - He’s gonna beast this year!

White in 3/3 - Always does his thing in ppr formats and I don’t expect that to change because Brady is gone. Actually, I expect it to increase  

Ridley in 2/3 -Think he takes a step forward and has a chance to finish as a top 10-12 wr this year. 

Mostert in 2/3 - He is winning people a lot of leagues this year.

Guys I missed:

Kelce, Kittle, Metcalf, DJ Moore 

Only did one redraft this season (snake draft). My target RBs were CEH and Mostert. CEH was snagged one pick ahead of me in the 3rd and then Mostert was snagged a pick ahead of me by the guy on the other side of me when we were going the other way. I would be so much more happy with my team if I had those 2. 

So incredibly butthurt I missed on Diontae Johnson. I don't see any way he doesn't break out this year with Ben back.