Sign in to follow this  
troutmask

Just Drafted, How'd I Do?

10-team .5 PPR redraft 2QB, 2 Flex, 8 Bench league, so note the specialized league settings.  I got the dreaded 10th pick in our snake draft and hammered two bellcow backs in Mixon and Jacobs at #10 and #11 followed by two WRs and filled out the rest of my roster with best players available the rest of the way while snagging an alpha QB in Dak and three other guys I can rotate between my two QB spots.  Here are my picks by round, how do you think I did?

Joe Mixon Cin, RB
Josh Jacobs LV, RB
DJ Moore Car, WR
Calvin Ridley Atl, WR
Cam Akers LAR, RB
Dak Prescott Dal, QB
Michael Gallup Dal, WR
A.J. Green Cin, WR
Henry Ruggs III LV, WR
Zack Moss Buf, RB
Hayden Hurst Atl, TE
Marlon Mack Ind, RB
Joe Burrow Cin, QB
Ben Roethlisberger Pit, QB
Darrel Williams KC, RB
Jared Goff LAR, QB
Justin Tucker Bal, K
Eagles D/ST Phi, D/ST
AJ Dillon GB, RB

Edited by troutmask

Looks really good.  Definitely a contender.  How in the world did Dak last until the 6th round of a 2-QB league?  In my 2-QB league he went in the 3rd (31st overall), and I thought that was even a bargain!

7 minutes ago, tusb said:

Looks really good.  Definitely a contender.  How in the world did Dak last until the 6th round of a 2-QB league?  In my 2-QB league he went in the 3rd (31st overall), and I thought that was even a bargain!

Yeah, he was still there at 51 after the other guys I have in the same tier (Deshaun, Kyler, Russell) were off the board, so I feel especially good about that pick.

Shocked Dak went that late. 

I have never played in a 2 qb league but if mahomes and Jackson are there at 10 and 11 do you take them both in 2 qb leagues? 

I think you have a solid team would have went another wr or qb over Akers 

Help

Edited by Chargers88

8 hours ago, Chargers88 said:

I have never played in a 2 qb league but if mahomes and Jackson are there at 10 and 11 do you take them both in 2 qb leagues? 

Yeah, it was tempting, but we add a second Flex as well, which kind of evens things out.

Favorite pick:  Dak.

Least favorite pick:  Ridley (even though I like Ridley a lot this year after taking two RBs I felt pressure to draft two WRs and passed up some pretty compelling other players).

10 hours ago, Chargers88 said:

I tried to mock this a couple of times to see what my team might look like.  It's do-able, but really sets you behind the 8-ball in both RB and WR, which makes me nervous, especially given how thin RB is this year.

I might be willing to try that strategy in a 10-team league, but if I was at the back-turn of a 12-team 2-QB league I would still want to make sure I got out of the 2nd round with at least 1 RB.