FMIII

Drafted Cook Without Alexander Mattison: Trade?

Drafted Cook and missed out on securing his handcuff last night. Would appreciate suggestions if I should initiate trade with Mattison owner (his roster below mine). I think he needs a WR. Thank you!

MINE:

RB: Cook, Mixon, Gordon, Boston Scott, Damien Harris, Joshua Kelley, James Robinson

WR: Robinson, Terry McLaurin, D Jax, Deebo Samuel, Diontae Johnson, Preston Williams

HIS:

RB: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Carson, Mostert, Alexander Mattison, Darrel Williams, Bernard, AJ Dillon

WR: Golladay, Sutton, Shepard, Brandon Aiyuk, Allen Lazard

I would offer Diontae Johnson first, then maybe upgrade the offer to D Jax.  If he/she doesn't accept either of those, I would just stand down, as I think any other WR is offering too much imo.

please help

• Like 2

What round did he take Mattison in? What round did you take your WRs in? 

18 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

I would offer Diontae Johnson first, then maybe upgrade the offer to D Jax.  If he/she doesn't accept either of those, I would just stand down, as I think any other WR is offering too much imo.

please help

Good advice! Definitely do not over pay. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

please help

Thanks for the advice. Diontae Johnson would be my first off the BN right now and very well could be my WR3 if Samuel isn’t ready and DJax breaks down (which I’m sure we all believe at some point he will this season). Thanks for the advice! I responded to yours 👍

9 minutes ago, yanksman said:

What round did he take Mattison in? What round did you take your WRs in? 

Mattison was drafted RD9. I had taken Diontae in RD8 before that. I knew I had to take Mattison in 8 earliest or definitely 9, and he was selected the pick right before me in the 9th

My WR drafted rounds:

Robinson (3), McLaurin (4), Samuel (6), DJax (8), Diontae Johnson (9), Preston Williams (10)

12 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

Good advice! Definitely do not over pay. 

So you would offer Diontae Johnson first, and then DJax, and then shut it down if both are declined?

Would you suggest I do it now before the season begins? It’s risky, but it could work in my favor also..

6 minutes ago, FMIII said:

So you would offer Diontae Johnson first, and then DJax, and then shut it down if both are declined?

Would you suggest I do it now before the season begins? It’s risky, but it could work in my favor also..

I would definitely do it before the season starts. Right now Cook is supposed to play, but who knows what happens when the game actually starts. I am higher on Diontae, than I am of DJAX, so I may even consider offering DJAX first. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

I would definitely do it before the season starts. Right now Cook is supposed to play, but who knows what happens when the game actually starts. I am higher on Diontae, than I am of DJAX, so I may even consider offering DJAX first. 

Appreciate the advice. I’m going to try with D Jax also. Let me know if I can assist you in a thread of your own!

• Thanks 1

D Jax is a good start.. but as others mentioned it’s definitely not worth overpaying. 

• Like 1