DiddleThatKitty

Tevin Coleman 2020 Outlook

He's overrated. He had a couple of 100 yard games, mixed with a bunch of 20-50 total yard games.

He is essentially a top-tier handcuff. He's had opportunities in ATL and in SF and he just hasn't done anything to warrant starting him.

Mostert is the real deal. If he plays 15-16 games, he's got a legitimate chance of putting up a 250-1,400-10 line.

At this point, Tevin Coleman feels like nothing more than a borderline 3rd-down guy and a handcuff.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Sure feels like it's going to be the Mostert/McKinnon show

Is Coleman worth being on a 12 team roster? Currently have him, but agree with what you are saying in terms of Mostert/McKinnon. 

On 9/9/2020 at 9:35 AM, DiddleThatKitty said:

Seems like no one is giving this guy love. He had some good games last year... what’s up with that?

He’ll probably be the 3rd RB for SF. He had two good games last year, and that was it. There’s no reason to give him love right now. 

29 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

He’ll probably be the 3rd RB for SF. He had two good games last year, and that was it. There’s no reason to give him love right now. 

so players never have bounce back years?

You brought up last year, but I guess you forgot 2018 where he had over 1000 total yards, or 2017 when he nearly had over 1000 total yards behind Devonta Freeman all year.

We haven’t even seen the 49ers offense play this year, and he was drafted around or below most of the other RB handcuffs.

I don’t even have high expectations for Coleman but to completely write him off before the season even begins seems pretty stupid.

Edited by JDE

35 minutes ago, JDE said:

You brought up last year, but I guess you forgot 2018 where he had over 1000 total yards, or 2017 when he nearly had over 1000 total yards behind Devonta Freeman all year.

We haven’t even seen the 49ers offense play this year, and he was drafted around or below most of the other RB handcuffs.

I don’t even have high expectations for Coleman but to completely write him off before the season even begins seems pretty stupid.

McKinnon is back....further limiting Coleman

Shanahan loves him and trusts him. He will get some carriers, Niners consider Coleman the thumper that can loosen up the D. I expect a three headed monster with something like 50% carriers to Raheem 35% to Coleman and the balance to Wilson and McKinnon. I could see Mckinnons role increasing as the season progresses. 

I think he is worth rostering in deep leagues, I wouldn't play him yet but if Raheem were to miss time he is a solid play.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JDE said:

Why is it that people can't just discuss things anymore and have to resort to this type of post? If you want to discuss this respectfully, I'm all for it. But if these are the types of responses you're going to give, then you can just carry on and I'll ignore it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Why is it that people can't just discuss things anymore and have to resort to this type of post? If you want to discuss this respectfully, I'm all for it. But if these are the types of responses you're going to give, then you can just carry on and I'll ignore it. 

This is the world we live in now. Social Media and any interactions will people always turn toxic. It's exhausting.

Back to Coleman, I have him in a 10 teamer and don't feel real good about it. Seems like the backfield is getting crowded with McKinnon back and Mostert just getting paid and gonna get the rock.

18 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

McKinnon is back....further limiting Coleman

He still hasn’t played in two years, and has never gone over 1000 yards in a season. There’s certainly a chance that he’ll limit Coleman, but I really don’t buy into people claiming that he’s going to be the clear RB2 on the team.

18 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

wasn’t trying to be disrespectful, just disagreed with your assessment and followed it up with a counter argument.

you said the guy had two good games last year, I cited the prior two seasons where he had several good games. You said there’s no reason to give him love, I argued that given his low ADP, there could be some value there.

maybe I could have gone without that final paragraph, but that wasn’t directed at you. I just think in general completely writing off players before the season begins is stupid. We see guys bounce back from poor seasons every single year.

this guy is defintely rosterable in deep 12 team leagues right... right?

i guess the very low touches last game was due to the air quality and not risking tevin's health much. 

but is mostert really more talented than coleman? i was/still am expecting tevin to out perform and out touch mostert as the season goes on...

6 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

this guy is defintely rosterable in deep 12 team leagues right... right?

i guess the very low touches last game was due to the air quality and not risking tevin's health much. 

but is mostert really more talented than coleman? i was/still am expecting tevin to out perform and out touch mostert as the season goes on...

Jerick McKinnon is the guy to have. Coleman doesn't have the versatility. And yes, Mostert is superior in talent to Coleman. So is McKinnon.

• Like 1

I dropped him in a very deep 12-team league—18-team rosters plus an IR, so between 216 and 228 players are owned at any given time. I expected him to go for at least 10-15%, but four days later he is still a free agent. I don’t think he’s a bad pickup if you have the space, just because of the strength of the SF rushing attack. That said there are probably better options available in the average league.

Can we get a timetable on the knee? 

nvm looks like he came back in the game 

Edited by affliction

I thought Coleman returned and finished out the game. Still no news on Mostert thought

If Mostert misses time, is Coleman or Mckinnon the next guy up? From the box score it looks like Coleman got the large majority of the carries but 12 yards on 14 carries is quite concerning

It could be a pretty even split between Coleman and McKinnon IMO. Coleman might get more carries while McKinnon seems like he would be more involved in the passing game. I hadn't followed McKinnon much but I see he's coming off two years of injury, so makes sense they've be managing his volume at least early in the season. Thus Coleman getting more carries. But McKinnon has shown big play potential and could be impactful also.

Be interesting to see what happens if Coleman isn't effective how much they put on McKinnons shoulders. I think both could offer some ok short term value. With how much SF likes to run they might both put up decent numbers who knows. 

See coach says Mostart wont play week 3 and Jimmy G is week to week. Didn't see anything on Coleman.

Shanahan said he’s worried about Coleman’s knee as well. 

Thats all I got from the beat writers