DiddleThatKitty

Tevin Coleman 2020 Outlook

new blurb for Tevin today. Coach Shanahan said there's an "outside chance" Coleman will return Week 8. Stash Coleman if possible, since Mosthurt is on IR. We understand Coleman hasn't done **** this year, but you cannot deny there is some value to be had.

16 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

new blurb for Tevin today. Coach Shanahan said there's an "outside chance" Coleman will return Week 8. Stash Coleman if possible, since Mosthurt is on IR. We understand Coleman hasn't done **** this year, but you cannot deny there is some value to be had.

Mostert owner here eying him for sure, but if he's not even a lock to be active next week I'm not going to bother right now.

Waivers next week will have his projection at 0 for the better part of the week I bet. This plus a three headed underperformance by McKinnon/Hasty/Wilson against NE this week I bet will have all the so called "experts" screaming avoid the entire situation next week. Bet Coleman stays off the radar.

Waiting until at least Wednesday after waivers clear and the first SF practice report.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

definitely have him stashed in my IR worth the wait and see name still holds some value he couldn't do much last season though before injury

Probably a top waiver wire add this week. Think he steps right into the Mostert/Wilson role.

Wilson out a month.  No guarantee Coleman is back this week.  If he is, where do we think he falls in the pecking order?

49ers' Tevin Coleman: May return from IR this week

2 hrs ago |

Coach Kyle Shanahan is hopeful the 49ers will get Coleman (knee) back from injured reserve this week, Matt Maiocco of NBC Sports Bay Area reports.

Running backs continue to drop like flies in San Francisco, with Jeff Wilson the most recent member expected to be placed on injured reserve due to a high-ankle sprain. Raheem Mostert also resides on IR due to a similar injury, while Coleman appears to be closing in on the end of his recovery from a sprained knee. The 49ers will reconvene on the field Wednesday, at which point Coleman will have three chances to open his 21-day window for the 49ers to activate him. If Coleman indeed comes of the list and is available Sunday at Seattle, he'll team up with Jerick McKinnon and JaMycal Hasty out of the backfield. Otherwise, the aforementioned pair are the two healthy San Fran RBs on the active roster.

I would guess either him or Hasty get the start, but have no idea which. Would be a coin flip. 

Probably Coleman if healthy tbh.  I have Hasty and the fantasy gods have decreed that, in 2020, I can not have nice things.

In all seriousness, Shanahan seems to prefer the bigger, stronger option who has had a few years to learn the offensive system.  He chose Wilson over Hasty even though Wilson was questionable all week with a calf injury.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Probably Coleman if healthy tbh.  I have Hasty and the fantasy gods have decreed that, in 2020, I can not have nice things.

In all seriousness, Shanahan seems to prefer the bigger, stronger option who has had a few years to learn the offensive system.  He chose Wilson over Hasty even though Wilson was questionable all week with a calf injury.

Was he legitimately questionable though? I feel like Shanny’s game plan the whole time was to be all hush on Wilson, then unleash him...

Now after typing that out it makes me think Coleman will be active and get 20 carries.

Shanny saying “Outside chance to play week 8” = bellcow who I’m shoving up your throat lol

Guarenteed questionable/gtd all this week who then puts up 20+.

That being said, I have Hasty so I hope he’s inactive 🙃

• Haha 1

As a Mostert owner I'm making Coleman a priority...even if he's not going to play.

Shanahan has always prioritized Coleman over Wilson. Wilson is now out, McKinnon looks like he's worn out.

After Wilson just got the rock I wouldn't be surprised to see Coleman suddenly with the majority of the touches.

Also worth noting that he got 14 rush attempts in Week 2. It would make sense to expect him taking over once he's back.

55 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

Also worth noting that he got 14 rush attempts in Week 2. It would make sense to expect him taking over once he's back.

14 attempts is promising but I think he just churned out 12 yards in those attempts against the Jets. Nonetheless volume opportunity is king and I will be putting a flier in 

Anyone picking up and stashing this week?

No Wilson Jr. has be intrigued... what do you all think?

Any chance he becomes the RB1 in SF until Mostert is back?

20 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Anyone picking up and stashing this week?

No Wilson Jr. has be intrigued... what do you all think?

Any chance he becomes the RB1 in SF until Mostert is back?

Certainly a chance.  I don't see how it's not worth a shot if you have space and are in need of RB help.  Don't like him with Mostert up, but with no Mostert I like his chances of getting the majority of the work.

• Like 1

Adding Coleman is even a question? Teams taking the likes of Deejay Dallas, over him?

Mckinnon's "rest" day is really knee issues.

Hasty is a Jag.

SF OLine is top 5 and I think relatively healthy.

And all the RB injuries?

And you can hide him in IR slot. Same with Geodart.

No brainer. Its these types of moves may not show up on the final roster, but keep your team with depth to make it through bye's, maximize points, and get you the bye week in the playoffs.

• Haha 3

I have not seen an update this week.  Is Coleman still on IR?  If the 49ers do not activate Coleman today, we are probably looking at week 9 at the earliest.

42 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I have not seen an update this week.  Is Coleman still on IR?  If the 49ers do not activate Coleman today, we are probably looking at week 9 at the earliest.

Shanny said yesterday he was hopeful Coleman can get a full practice in on Wednesday but would be more of an end of the week decision. IMO - probably sitting this week and will be out there next week. If Hasty balls out we could have a problem.

4 hours ago, mar111kle said:

Adding Coleman is even a question? Teams taking the likes of Deejay Dallas, over him?

Hasty is a Jag.

And all the RB injuries?

No brainer. Its these types of moves may not show up on the final roster, but keep your team with depth to make it through bye's, maximize points, and get you the bye week in the playoffs.

Hasty is not even close to JAG status. Dig a little deeper on him, my man. 

• Like 3

Hasty is a Jag.

And all the RB injuries?

Coleman is the JAG, but is a vet in this system so should get first crack. Hasty looks anything, but a JAG

• Like 3

Hasty is a Jag.

And all the RB injuries?

The fact that J. Wilson just rolled to 3 TDs out of left field should encourage anyone on the planet to grab Coleman.

"It's the system stupid."

If Coleman ends up being next man up he will produce.

• Like 1

Coleman has essentially been a back-up ever since joining SF. He had one 100 yd game last season and is struggling with injuries again this year.

He can step in and have a Wilson-type game (Coleman had a 3 TD game last year), but he's not going to take over like Mostert did.

Long-term, I would choose Hasty. More potential and fresher legs.

If Hasty can prove (which he has so far) that he can hang onto the ball and pass protect then he get the shanny load until Wilson and Raheem come back. At that point (assuming all healthy) it will be a huge cluster F. 

I think it’s worth dropping a K just to see if he is activated this week. 

• Like 1