DiddleThatKitty

Tevin Coleman 2020 Outlook

OK...You take Hasty and I will take Coleman...and we will see who has the most fantasy points.

From a Fantasy 2020 perspective Hasty is going to deliver JAG RB points.

Not interested in his dynasty potential or trying to be "smarter" than the 49nrs coaches. I will leave that for you. "I am here to win the game"

1 minute ago, mar111kle said:

OK...You take Hasty and I will take Coleman...and we will see who has the most fantasy points.

From a Fantasy 2020 perspective Hasty is going to deliver JAG RB points.

Not interested in his dynasty potential or trying to be "smarter" than the 49nrs coaches. I will leave that for you. "I am here to win the game"

Choosing ANY RB in this backfield is gambling at this point lol. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A27K said:

Shanny said yesterday he was hopeful Coleman can get a full practice in on Wednesday but would be more of an end of the week decision. IMO - probably sitting this week and will be out there next week. If Hasty balls out we could have a problem.

Pressure and attrition will force their hand. Big time division game this week. Coleman will be activated this week.

Interview with Carrol this week indicated major issue with Hawks not bringing pressure vs. Cards. He will bring pressure this week...Cannot leave Jimmy G open to protection issues with a rookie RB.

3 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

Choosing ANY RB in this backfield is gambling at this point lol. 

Uncertain backfields are were you find value...Coleman and Hasty were free...Huge upside with that line and the injuries...

Those are odds with a payout I am willing to take on my bench.

3 minutes ago, mar111kle said:

Uncertain backfields are were you find value...Coleman and Hasty were free...Huge upside with that line and the injuries...

Those are odds with a payout I am willing to take on my bench.

My point was that in your post you made it seem like Coleman is a sure thing o and Hasty won't do anything and with how things have gone for the 49ers and shanny anything is likely to happen. We don't really know what shanny will do week to week so having Coleman or Hasty isn't that much more of a difference if Coleman is back this week. 

2 hours ago, Pooskay said:

Coleman has essentially been a back-up ever since joining SF. He had one 100 yd game last season and is struggling with injuries again this year.

He can step in and have a Wilson-type game (Coleman had a 3 TD game last year), but he's not going to take over like Mostert did.

Long-term, I would choose Hasty. More potential and fresher legs.

You talking 2020 or 2021? 2020 ROS Coleman will outperform Hasty. Hasty has more carries this year than Coleman?  Fresher Legs?

Potential is nice, but veteran knowledge of scheme, protections is more important right now in a key divisional rivalry. 

11 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Well this backfield just got messy..

Clear to me...Coleman is the back to own.

• Like 2

For those of us in Yahoo that have stashed Coleman in the Over zealous Covit IR slots...he can stay in that slot until you try to move him into your lineup, or acquire a player off the Waiver wire. Don't move him into the lineup until we are sure he will be active on Sunday. It is a late west coast game...

FWIW. The Seahawks are a pass funnel Defense so don't expect huge numbers from any 49nrs RB. If you don't need to start him this week just keep him in the IR slot till next week when he gets the juicy GB match up!

Jump on board.... Coleman just departed the IR train #chooochooooo

Edited by UMFLADFWM
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

What are the chances he starts Sunday?

slim/none. Hold until Week 9 at least.

Jeff Wilson has not gone to IR yet?  There's your darkhorse to come out of nowhere again and somehow start on Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Jeff Wilson has not gone to IR yet?  There's your darkhorse to come out of nowhere again and somehow start on Sunday.

he has a high ankle sprain and won’t be back till around playoffs ...sometimes I don’t know if you’re serious [...]

Edited by tonycpsu

8 hours ago, cheezor42 said:

he has a high ankle sprain and won’t be back till around playoffs ...sometimes I don’t know if you’re serious [...]

Matt Breida had multiple high ankle sprains in 2018 and 2019 and yet somehow kept playing for this coach.  You never know with this coach.

34 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

As I found out with Mostert, SF is classic for waiting until late Friday/early Saturday before they put players on IR. Check the date they put Mostert on IR. Same will probably happen with Wilson (if he is indeed that banged up).

Good to know.  The new IR rules for 2020 have a timing to them that I am not used to.

John Lynch said on @KNBR that TE Jordan Reed beat his expected MCL sprain timeline and now has a real chance to play on Sunday. He begged the team to get back on the field. Lynch also said that CB K’Waun Williams and RB Tevin Coleman also have a solid chance to play. #49ers

Another beat writers adds:

John Lynch says on @KNBR that RB Tevin Coleman got a heavy workload in practice Thursday and the #49ers are “hopeful” he’ll be available for Sunday’s game vs. #Seahawks. How Coleman's knee responds today will be key, Lynch said.

Edited by mar111kle
  • Like 2

My guess is if they push Coleman to play Sunday it's because they aren't crazy about giving Hasty a full workload at any point. IMO I think Hasty looks great, junior beast mode. But Coleman coming back vs a decent Seahawks run D I see him running into brick walls similar to that pathetic week 2 matchup. The only thing a Coleman owner can hope for is that McKinnon doesn't get a lot of usage in the pass game (which he will) and somehow Wilson and Mostert dont come back soon so he at least has some decent match ups coming soon. 

Wilson soon to be on IR and Mostert (aka. WontStart) already is....Mckinnon is close to a DNP with his rebuilt knee's.

Coleman will command as many snap/touches as he can handle over the next 3 weeks minimum. WontStart is talented but apparently made of glass

Never heard of a "tired legs" injury designation:

The Athletic's Matt Barrows said 49ers RB Jerick McKinnon has been "battling tired legs" in recent weeks. 

This falls in line with head coach Kyle Shanahan saying Monday that the plan was to rest McKinnon in Week 7 against New England. McKinnon saw just 12 snaps and carried the ball three times against the Patriots. JaMycal Hasty looks like he could serve as the team's lead back this week against Seattle after Jeff Wilson went down with an ankle injury and Raheem Mostert remains sidelined. Hasty's Week 8 role will hinge on the availability of Tevin Coleman (knee), who reportedly had a heavy workload in practice this week. 49ers general manager John Lynch said he's "hopeful" Coleman can suit up against the Seahawks. Hasty would be a low-end RB2 play if Coleman is out. McKinnon should see some passing down involvement and profiles as a risky flex play in deeper leagues. 

• Haha 1