• Like 1

Pretty much.

Gah!!

35 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Shanahan is such a 

smart guy for finally activating Coleman

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, FrankGoresLeftHand said:

Grant Cohn "If he (Hasty) gets fewer touches than Tevin Coleman and the 49ers lose this game I'm going to lose my mind."

If Grant is so smart why isn’t he coaching or getting paid by a team? To Niner fans this guy is the equivalent to the National Enquirer in the 90s 

• Haha 1

Anyone who follows the Niners knows Grant Cohn is the biggest loser there is. Him and his dad. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going to start Coleman over Hasty if Coleman is active.  Coleman is bigger and stronger and has more experience in the 49ers system.  If San Fran falls way behind, I suspect they will use McKinnon in no-huddle hurry up situations due to familiarity with the playbook and passing concepts.

Only thing that could change my mind is if we get a report that Coleman is playing in emergency only.

My preference is to avoid this completely but, due to injuries and byes, I have to start at least one of the two. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Going to start Coleman over Hasty if Coleman is active.  Coleman is bigger and stronger and has more experience in the 49ers system.  If San Fran falls way behind, I suspect they will use McKinnon in no-huddle hurry up situations due to familiarity with the playbook and passing concepts.

Only thing that could change my mind is if we get a report that Coleman is playing in emergency only.

My preference is to avoid this completely but, due to injuries and byes, I have to start at least one of the two. 

Whoops, bad call. We all make them. I started Agholor for one league at flex and got zero points. Him and Coleman remind me of each other. Seemingly athletic guys in great situations with coaches who love them. It just never works out for long term fantasy production. I still have them both on my rosters holding on to hope. I guess Coleman will be out for a few weeks now but if he isn't how can anybody justify playing him now?

7 minutes ago, zorndogs said:

Whoops, bad call. We all make them. I started Agholor for one league at flex and got zero points. Him and Coleman remind me of each other. Seemingly athletic guys in great situations with coaches who love them. It just never works out for long term fantasy production. I still have them both on my rosters holding on to hope. I guess Coleman will be out for a few weeks now but if he isn't how can anybody justify playing him now?

Playing Coleman was the correct call.  San Fran scored two one-yard TDs.  If Coleman had not been reinjured, he would have scored both of them.

In game injuries cannot be anticipated.

• Thanks 1

Curious to see the extent of the re-injury, and if he was held out due to precautionary reasons and could have potentially played on it if need be, but was held out due to game script....

Or if he actually severely re-injured himself, in which case I'd think he wouldn't play on Thursday. That is an awfully quick turnaround. 

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Playing Coleman was the correct call.  San Fran scored two one-yard TDs.  If Coleman had not been reinjured, he would have scored both of them.

Well I might argue at this point that for Coleman at least, in game injuries CAN be anticipated. I heard he actually had his bones replaced with glass. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

agree with you- no reason to believe he would be done after three carries, contrary to other posters. He was rested enough and seemed ready to go. This coaching staff takes care of its players and will do their best not to rush anyone back. Process was correct that Coleman probably would’ve gotten 70-30 split. 
also, tevins played a lot of nfl games without being hurt.

this one stings though, considering the other options in that tier out there that greatly outproduced him 

• Like 1

Dropped him. Didn't like how quickly he left the game and they ruled him out. If it's re-injury of his previous undisclosed knee injury, he's probably gone for at least 3-5 weeks again. Might have Gurley knees all year like Gurley's swan song year with the Rams.

We will have to wait to see what happens, but you can bet that Shanahan will rush Coleman back and Coleman will be active Thursday night if at all possible.

16 hours ago, harck said:

Dropped him. Didn't like how quickly he left the game and they ruled him out. If it's re-injury of his previous undisclosed knee injury, he's probably gone for at least 3-5 weeks again. Might have Gurley knees all year like Gurley's swan song year with the Rams.

I'm ready to rage drop him too considering he didn't come back to a must-win game for the 49ers. Felt pretty good about him getting 10-12 points yesterday. Was averaging 6-7 YPC early on...sigh. 

Did anyone see the play Coleman got injured on?  Or was it just a knee soreness thing?  Or, horror of horrors, was it Shanahan's plan all along to simply play Coleman for a few snaps in Seattle to get Coleman ready for Green Bay in three days?

2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Did anyone see the play Coleman got injured on?  Or was it just a knee soreness thing?  Or, horror of horrors, was it Shanahan's plan all along to simply play Coleman for a few snaps in Seattle to get Coleman ready for Green Bay in three days?

He didn't practice today. As I'm sure Tevin's a competitor, I can't imagine Shanny held back someone who could've contributed to a really important divisional game. The Seahawks game was more important than the Packers game. 

• Thanks 1

Maybe Coleman will be limited tomorrow, questionable for Thursday, active Thursday night, and primed to do nothing himself but ruin Hasty's fantasy prospects once again.

Edited by SharkSwimmer

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

Maybe Coleman will be limited tomorrow, questionable for Thursday, active Thursday night, and primed to do nothing himself but ruin Hasty's fantasy prosoects once again.

and none of us would be surprised if this happened, f--- the 49ners running backs.

• Thanks 1

Is there an update on his injury?

Kinda strange we have gotten no injury updates on Coleman but have updates on Jimmy G and Kittle.

I'm the type of fan and fantasy player who is always on the players side. When a guy isn't good I usually always think it is situation and not the player. I almost never say a guy isn't good. I'm overly optimistic about players on these forums.

That being said, this guy absolutely stinks. I don't get any part of this one or why anyone is interested in him. Why is he still on an NFL team? 

42 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Is there an update on his injury?

Kinda strange we have gotten no injury updates on Coleman but have updates on Jimmy G and Kittle.

Since they're playing on TNF I would expect we'll get a full update tomorrow. From what I read he re-injured the same knee that had him out for 5 weeks so i'm gameplanning on him being out.

3 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I'm the type of fan and fantasy player who is always on the players side. When a guy isn't good I usually always think it is situation and not the player. I almost never say a guy isn't good. I'm overly optimistic about players on these forums.

That being said, this guy absolutely stinks. I don't get any part of this one or why anyone is interested in him. Why is he still on an NFL team? 

Fantasy is about opportunity more than anything else.  SF runs the ball more than any other team, every RB that gets a majority of snaps in Shanny's offense is valuable, talent aside.  You think Hasty is any better?  FWIW Coleman looked good on his 3 carries for 20 yards, Hasty did not.  Look at the JAGs starting on people's fantasy rosters, half of them are terrible, but they have opportunity and that's all that matters in the end.

Edited by TheINC

I just want to know if I can drop the guy. I now have Hasty, so if Coleman goes on IR it’s an easy drop. Just tough knowing without getting further details. Is he scheduled for another MRI?