MonsterMan

Justin Jackson 2020 Outlook

I know it wasn't a great day, but the offense is explosive, he didn't appear to aggravate the injury, and Kelley did nothing. Still room for optimism moving forward. 

2 hours ago, herschel said:

Kelley was worse.  Jackson at least had an injury for an excuse.  What’s Kelley’s reason for the poor performance?

Not saying Kelly did great. But coaches for some reason just like him more than Jackson. 
 Kelly is younger stronger and will get the majority of the snaps until Ekeler returns...

22 hours ago, BIGFATPANDA said:

3rd best back on the team

Let me guess You own kelly 

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I know it wasn't a great day, but the offense is explosive, he didn't appear to aggravate the injury, and Kelley did nothing. Still room for optimism moving forward. 

I just bought low.

Jackson is coming off a knee injury and dint practice until late in the week. I bet that has to do with his limited usage.

The passing game stats create a pretty solid floor in PPR and 0.5 PPR leagues, I think. And I suspect Jackson will be involved more in the running game going forward. I’ve watched a lot of Chargers this year, and Kelley is not it.

• Like 4

didn't start him, but 8 points wasnt too bad considering he may still be injured. are you all holding or dropping?

On 10/26/2020 at 12:04 PM, BIGFATPANDA said:

Not saying Kelly did great. But coaches for some reason just like him more than Jackson. 
 Kelly is younger stronger and will get the majority of the snaps until Ekeler returns...

nothing points to what you are saying is accurate.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2020 at 4:07 AM, rasrar said:

I just bought low.

Jackson is coming off a knee injury and dint practice until late in the week. I bet that has to do with his limited usage.

The passing game stats create a pretty solid floor in PPR and 0.5 PPR leagues, I think. And I suspect Jackson will be involved more in the running game going forward. I’ve watched a lot of Chargers this year, and Kelley is not it.

Yeah, this, frankly. I was encouraged by what I saw - in the context of an injury and will he/won't he play. I was genuinely surprised that everybody seemed so down on him afterwards.

Holding due to full ppr league.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Esteel said:

I'm holding but barely. Hoping he shows something this week

4 hours ago, mjb said:

Holding due to full ppr league.

I'm very surprised people are thinking about dropping him. RB is rough this year. He's still the most productive back on an explosive offense that has a nice schedule moving forward. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'm very surprised people are thinking about dropping him. RB is rough this year. He's still the most productive back on an explosive offense that has a nice schedule moving forward. 

Have you seen the game? He was bad. They did not limit him because of injury. They limited him because of shaky play. 5 for 12. Looked weak and soft. They also used alot of weird run schemes with pope and reed as well. Only plus is kelly is also bad

2 hours ago, Martinlongbow said:

Have you seen the game? He was bad. They did not limit him because of injury. They limited him because of shaky play. 5 for 12. Looked weak and soft. They also used alot of weird run schemes with pope and reed as well. Only plus is kelly is also bad

The optimism comes from the offense being explosive and that hopefully opening things up for him. Also increases his TD chances. And Kelley didn't fare any better so that helps as well. 

Is Jackson practising this week? I think he would be solid if healthy. I have Ekeler on ir. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

So what are we seeing here as a ceiling this week 4-5 catches 50 yards and a 105 chance of a TD?

15 hours ago, Martinlongbow said:

this is not accurate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jjtt26 said:

Is Jackson practising this week? I think he would be solid if healthy. I have Ekeler on ir. [...]

He practiced in full yesterday, per the injury report. Should be good to go for Sunday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

The Chargers need their two best OL - Bulaga and Turner - back in the lineup but those two mopes have been out for several weeks.  I see Bulaga was a LP the last two days so he has a shot to play, but Turner is trending out again with two DNPs.  With either back in the lineup I’d feel a lot better about J-Jax. 

Edited by LSUtiger

Anyone who thinks Kelley looks good hasn’t watched the Chargers. Yet Lynn for some reason loves him despite his mediocrity 

1 minute ago, Golden Spikes said:

Anyone who thinks Kelley looks good hasn’t watched the Chargers. Yet Lynn for some reason loves him despite his mediocrity 

i dont think lynn loves him, but i also dont think jackson is bellcow material.  lynn needs to use them both.  i think last weeks 50/50 split was a result of jacksons injury.  assuming hes healthy, could see jj's timeshare tick up to 60-65%.

6 minutes ago, herschel said:

i dont think lynn loves him, but i also dont think jackson is bellcow material.  lynn needs to use them both.  i think last weeks 50/50 split was a result of jacksons injury.  assuming hes healthy, could see jj's timeshare tick up to 60-65%.

I agree, he's know his limit. Justin Jackson is a Kamara Lite-lite-lite. LOL

• Haha 1

owner trying to trade for me telling me JJ only got like 2 weeks of relevancy left but to me it seems like its 4 left+ dont think ekeler coming back anytime soon.

On 10/28/2020 at 9:38 AM, leffe186 said:

Yeah, this, frankly. I was encouraged by what I saw - in the context of an injury and will he/won't he play. I was genuinely surprised that everybody seemed so down on him afterwards.

What I saw was he looked a step slow vs. the way he hit the holes during the Saints game. Either the line or the players I am not smart enough to determine, but something is not right with JJ. The shadow of injury/injury prone also makes playing him even more risky.

Made the choice to store Matheson, Coleman, and even Hill from the Falcons over him..More upside imo. I maybe wrong, but my instincts are saying to move on from Jackson