ValyrianSteelers

Jamaal Williams 2020 Outlook

How confident are we that he is even the starter over Aj Dillon though? Williams is used as a pass catching back, they may stick to that gameplan

7 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

How confident are we that he is even the starter over Aj Dillon though? Williams is used as a pass catching back, they may stick to that gameplan

im going against the williams owner this week, so fairly confidant jamaal will be the man....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Williams out-snapped Jones the last two games and you're worried about a rookie getting like 5 snaps per game taking work? 

Dillon will get some run, but Williams should be the lead back. I expect he'll get pretty much all the receiving work. 

Williams should be a high-end RB2 in this one and Dillon is a desperation flex. 

Edited by LongBalls

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

The Texans have a horrible run d, right? Well, here's who they've faced so far.

Week 1: CEH

Week 2: Baltimore backs

Week 3: Conner

Week 4: Cook

Week 5: They held Jacksonville in check.

Week 6: Derrick Henry

Jamaal Williams is a lot closer to James Robinson than any of the other names on that list. 

rodgers & adams 10x better than minshew & chark so i think they'd be able to drive the field easily and give williams a lot of opportunities. i guess only concern is aj dillon's workload as well. 

Edited by brosephd

53 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Williams out-snapped Jones the last two games and you're worried about a rookie getting like 5 snaps per game taking work? 

Dillon will get some run, but Williams should be the lead back. I expect he'll get pretty much all the receiving work. 

Williams should be a high-end RB2 in this one and Dillon is a desperation flex. 

I never understood how anyone could definitively say this type of thing with full confidence.  Ultimately, only the coaches and possibly the players know.  We're in uncharted waters.  It's certainly plausible that they Keep William's in his same role and ride Dillon.  He is their rookie 2nd round pick.  It's just as plausible that they enhance Williams' role.  We'll know tomorrow.  

• Like 3

flexing over gio. starting w semi confidence. 60 yards, 5 catches 40 yards hopefully 1 td. 6 pass protection blocks. 

49 minutes ago, Magman said:

I never understood how anyone could definitively say this type of thing with full confidence.  Ultimately, only the coaches and possibly the players know.  We're in uncharted waters.  It's certainly plausible that they Keep William's in his same role and ride Dillon.  He is their rookie 2nd round pick.  It's just as plausible that they enhance Williams' role.  We'll know tomorrow.  

Sure I guess anything is possible, but it's not particularly common. You can look across the entire NFL this season and outside of James Robinson and CEH there aren't any rookies dominating backfield touches. Guys like Dobbins and Akers have been massive disappointments. I'd be surprised if they go from giving Dillon basically a 5% snap rate to "riding him", but sure ... anything is possible. Just not probable. Especially since Jones injury doesn't sound particularly serious.

Edited by LongBalls

8 minutes ago, brosephd said:

flexing over gio. starting w semi confidence. 60 yards, 5 catches 40 yards hopefully 1 td. 6 pass protection blocks. 

8 pass pro blocks is his FLOOR.  Book it.

• Haha 2

The Green Bay Press-Gazette's Ryan Wood reports the Packers' "plan" is for Aaron Jones (calf) to not play Week 7 against the Texans.

Per Wood, Green Bay "isn't expected to push" Jones despite his own confidence in his ability to play through the injury. If Jones is indeed inactive, Jamaal Williams immediately becomes a borderline RB1/2 with rookie AJ Dillon possibly flirting with double-digit carries. Jones' issue doesn't seem like a long-term one.

RELATED: 
Oct 24, 2020, 6:54 PM ET

Doesn’t look like they will rule him out out based on the comment. Probably emergency 🚨 RB.

Edited by FitzMagic

1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

Sure I guess anything is possible, but it's not particularly common. You can look across the entire NFL this season and outside of James Robinson and CEH there aren't any rookies dominating backfield touches. Guys like Dobbins and Akers have been massive disappointments. I'd be surprised if they go from giving Dillon basically a 5% snap rate to "riding him", but sure ... anything is possible. Just not probable. Especially since Jones injury doesn't sound particularly serious.

Akers has been a dissapointment

Dobbins is still on the fence with the other RBs they incorporate, Jackson Ingram and Gus The Bus, now with Mark Ingram nursing an injury and not sure what his timetable is, this could certainly open a "window" of opportunity for Dobbins, because if anyone has actually watch Dobbins he has looked great in the small amount of touches that he has been given.

both Jamaal and Aj have a favorable matchup. would you drop Akers for one of? maybe? would you drop Dobbins on a bye? nope cause someone would certainly scoop him up...

and i also saw someone say that Aaron Jones is a FA next season, do they give the rookie a nice sample size to see what they have since he had no preseason? the future of the GB backfield? could potentially let Aaron walk next season and stick with the rookie instead of paying Aaron?

I thinking about starting Williams but....Ideally this would be a perfect time to feature AJ Dillion and get a glimpse of what they have in him. 

Jones is an UFA next year and going to cost a ton. If you can replace with him Dillion and Williams then that's a win for the Pack.

11 minutes ago, Klientel said:

I thinking about starting Williams but....Ideally this would be a perfect time to feature AJ Dillion and get a glimpse of what they have in him. 

Jones is an UFA next year and going to cost a ton. If you can replace with him Dillion and Williams then that's a win for the Pack.

Isn’t the projected total the highest on the week? It’s projected to be a complete shoot out.
Williams is going to play a ton. This isn’t going to be some GB stomping where they can “get a feel” of their rookie RB.

They need to score. It’s most likely going to be a faster paced game based on the projected totals. Williams is going to be needed in there for hurry up /fast paced and third downs. They love Williams.

Jones was supposed to be set up for a smash spot. 

so now Williams should be as well. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

fortunate to have this dude on my team in a 12teamer, but not playing him this week

Why would you have him rostered then haha? If you’re not playing him this week I’m not sure when you will 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Why would you have him rostered then haha? If you’re not playing him this week I’m not sure when you will 

Yeah exactly.

it’s for this moment!!!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

That's specious logic, just because you have Williams rostered doesn't mean you don't potentially have better options this week.

• Haha 1

Yeah I don’t own him in the league where I have Jones because the owner won’t respond to trade offers... nice. But I wouldn’t necessarily start him if I had him—you might have other guys that you trust more. Still good depth to have given the upside (say if Jones tears his ACL next week). That said he’s definitely startable and most Jones owners probably don’t have a better option.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

maybe im playing keep away from the other managers. but my RB 1 & 2 RB2s aren't moving. no room for him. better on my bench then in someone elses lineup.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

fortunate to have this dude on my team in a 12teamer, but not playing him this week

I can see him being behind several others obviously, just because u own JW doesn’t mean he should be an automatic start, but I’d probably start JW over guys like Josh Jacobs, M Gordon, Montgomery, and possibly CEH all because of matchups, JW is sitting in a smash spot against the Texans. With that said a have a gut feeling AJ Dillion will do well with his limited touches.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

I can see him being behind several others obviously, just because u own JW doesn’t mean he should be an automatic start, but I’d probably start JW over guys like Josh Jacobs, M Gordon, Montgomery, and possibly CEH all because of matchups, JW is sitting in a smash spot against the Texans. With that said a have a gut feeling AJ Dillion will do well with his limited touches.

Definitely like JW over the guys you listed. Got Henry, Gurley & RoJo stack going on...would be a no brainer start for most others.

• Like 1

Lots of chatter in the AJ Dillon thread of him being an equal or better play today in the event Jones misses time. I like Dillon a lot, but I think Williams would be the one to benefit the most today if Jones doesn't play. 

• Like 1

Dudes gonna have a big week with Jones out. Has potential to be a great pass catcher out of the backfield. Should have 15+ 1/2 ppr in what should be a high scoring game.