ValyrianSteelers

Jamaal Williams 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, Mmiller186 said:

Dudes gonna have a big week with Jones out. Has potential to be a great pass catcher out of the backfield. Should have 15+ 1/2 ppr in what should be a high scoring game.

Yup.

Fire him up boys!

It's go time!!

I can't really see a scenario where Williams doesn't dominate the passing work, anyway. Dillon did very little receiving work at BC; he's more of a power rusher. I'd be more worried about the work around the goal line.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RogerKlotz said:

His rushing prop is set at 55.5 on FD - seem low?

Sounds right to me.

His value today is dependent on how involved he is in the passing game. I expect 12 carries for 50 rushing yards. But he could do anything from catching 1 or 2 passes, to catching 6 or 7 passes.

I don't think the floor is as high as most believe, but there's a good ceiling. 

90-100 Total yards with 50% chance of a TD is realistic. 

Edit:  Vegas has his total at 81 total yards and -210 odds of a TD. 

Edited by johnnyboy8102

This is the game Williams gets his first TD of the season (I hope).

2 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Am I correct in saying that AJ Dillon is not that good? 

No, incorrect. 2nd round pick for a reason.

Do I think Aaron Jones is light years ahead talent-wise compared to Williams? Yes. But that doesn't mean Williams can't be successful in fantasy.
In 2017, when he received a big workload from Weeks 10--17, Williams was the #8 RB in PPR. 
Since Jones became the starter from 2018--2020, Williams has gotten 14 or more touches in 9 games. 
In 8 of those 9 games, he's gotten at least 10 FP's (full PPR). The only game he didn't was against a very tough Bears defense in 2018. 
He had one opportunity this year, with 16 touches. His rushing totals were awful but with receiving, he totaled 105 yards and 8 catches.
Let's hope for the best today.

• Thanks 1

Good stuff here. Hopefully nobody fell for the trap claims Dillon might actually go from basically zero role to somehow fantasy relevant. It was Williams all day, as expected. 

As expected, it was his show. Great plug and play option for us AJ owners. 

So the Packers blew out the 1-5 Texans (now 1-6) without Aaron Jones.  Next week they play the Dalvin Cook-less 1-5 Vikings, then fly all the way to San Francisco (4-3) for a Thursday night game. 

If Aaron Jones isn't 100%, good chance they sit him and Jamaal Williams gets another SOLID matchup.

Especially if the Bears lose tonight.

• Like 1

I'd be totally fine if the Pack decide they want to sit Jones for another week. 😁

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

I'd be totally fine if the Pack decide they want to sit Jones for another week. 😁

Same here!

1 minute ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Same here!

Hopefully he isn't a 1 week rental.. that being said Carlos hyde and chase edmonds may be good replacements

Feel like Jones will be absolutely livid if he's forced to sit another week. Dude is in a contract year and wants CMC money. That being said, would love the Jamaal rental for an extra week.

26 minutes ago, harck said:

Feel like Jones will be absolutely livid if he's forced to sit another week. Dude is in a contract year and wants CMC money. That being said, would love the Jamaal rental for an extra week.

Interestingly enough, GB plays on Thursday week 9. Maybe that will be a factor, or not?

• Like 1

On 10/25/2020 at 12:40 PM, daethfromabove1979 said:

Am I correct in saying that AJ Dillon is not that good? 

It's probably an oversimplification to say that but so hasn't impressed me or a lot of other people so far. Then some people love him. His measurables and size and everything are insane but I haven't seen it with him. He needs a lot more work and he just got drafted so it's too early to make that determination. 

GB liked Williams every bit as much as Jones and pretty much tried to at least make them pretty equal I'd say. I'd almost venture to say at one point it kind of seemed like Williams might be the guy but Jones would not stop making monster play after play. Jones is just awesome. I'd love to see Williams get a larger share of a backfield but there seems like little chance GB would let him go anytime soon. For his part, Williams seems perfectly content with his role as well.

I love Williams' energy on the field. You love to see guys having a blast and truly enjoying the game like he does.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

It's probably an oversimplification to say that but so hasn't impressed me or a lot of other people so far. Then some people love him. His measurables and size and everything are insane but I haven't seen it with him. He needs a lot more work and he just got drafted so it's too early to make that determination. 

GB liked Williams every bit as much as Jones and pretty much tried to at least make them pretty equal I'd say. I'd almost venture to say at one point it kind of seemed like Williams might be the guy but Jones would not stop making monster play after play. Jones is just awesome. I'd love to see Williams get a larger share of a backfield but there seems like little chance GB would let him go anytime soon. For his part, Williams seems perfectly content with his role as well.

I love Williams' energy on the field. You love to see guys having a blast and truly enjoying the game like he does.

No doubt, JW's got a little crazy in him.

just curious, but if you're not a jones owner, are you guys still keeping as a high end cuff or dropping for the next hot wire pick up (i.e. edmonds, hasty, dobbins/edwards, etc)

1 minute ago, coleworld7 said:

just curious, but if you're not a jones owner, are you guys still keeping as a high end cuff or dropping for the next hot wire pick up (i.e. edmonds, hasty, dobbins/edwards, etc)

I would only pick up edmonds out of them

1 minute ago, coleworld7 said:

I would certainly add Edmonds over him, and probably Hasty too. That kid looks electric and may get a real opportunity in the next couple weeks. But I think I’d hold Jamaal over the others. 

wish we knew if aaron jones is playing this week or not. won me my game last week but def close to cutting for someone on the wire if jones is back out there

3 minutes ago, coleworld7 said:

wish we knew if aaron jones is playing this week or not. won me my game last week but def close to cutting for someone on the wire if jones is back out there

I understand that the packers are pretty conservative when it comes to injuries. Look at what they did with Davante Adams. But the fact that Jones felt he was ready and was pushing to play last week makes me think its more likely that Jones will play this week 😕 

• Like 1