Rotoworld.com Forums

Jamaal Williams 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, jpark211 said:

I understand that the packers are pretty conservative when it comes to injuries. Look at what they did with Davante Adams. But the fact that Jones felt he was ready and was pushing to play last week makes me think its more likely that Jones will play this week 😕 

yeah got the same feeling.. def a premier cuff if you own jones but if not i am thinking he is pretty droppable at this point pending jones health

• Like 1
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AJ Dillon is a dirty mf. Wash your hands goon 

Posted Images

16 hours ago, coleworld7 said:

yeah got the same feeling.. def a premier cuff if you own jones but if not i am thinking he is pretty droppable at this point pending jones health

Really don't know why you'd drop him right now after the calf injury. Unless you're desperate of course. When I picked him up to cover for Aaron Jones I presumed I'd just be holding him for the rest of the season, just in case. My take on handcuffs as good as Jamaal is that you leave it as late as possible to pick them up, but when you do you hang on to them. Losing Jones in the playoffs would be a big blow, and remember, their bye week was very early so they are going to be on a long run of games by then. And at the rate they're going, they may even have a playoff berth sewn up early and look to rest Jones.

Edit: Oh wait, sorry, misread your post. Yeah, would be tough to keep Jamaal, although I still think worth it if you can for the reasons I gave.

Edited by leffe186
2 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Calf injuries always seem to linger. Sounds like Jones injury is fairly minor but I wouldn’t drop Williams just yet if you have room. 

I wouldn't drop him at all. He's an elite handcuff who immediately becomes a low end RB1 if Jones misses any time. Even with Jones healthy he still offers occasional FLEX play value. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Moveless said:

I wouldn't drop him at all. He's an elite handcuff who immediately becomes a low end RB1 if Jones misses any time. Even with Jones healthy he still offers occasional FLEX play value. 

Agree with this. That all depends on league and bench size, but I have him just for that reason. Not all handcuffs are worth it. Williams clearly is. Even if you don’t have Jones. 

He has to be one of the best handcuffs. He might be worth a hold even when Jones comes back. I’d almost prefer Williams at a snap rate of 89% than say Jones with his usual 60% snap rate.

As long as Jones is out and GB doesn’t plan to implement Dillon a whole lot more, Williams is a RB1.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, LionKid90 said:

As long as Jones is out and GB doesn’t plan to implement Dillon a whole lot more, Williams is a RB1.

This was my concern, so good to see that put to rest this week. Most important thing for this offense is a guy that works well with Rodgers and a guy that can protect him. JWill checks those boxes. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TroutFister said:

yah a decent flex for sure and might be for the remainder of the season in ppr. 

He's a hold all year whether or not you have Jones at this point, who could be shut down in fantasy playoffs depending on GB's position and let JW win you your league

18 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

As a Jones and Williams owner, I just hope they bench Jones completely so I don't have to worry about some 50/50 split as they work Jones back in.

I think they'll air on the side of caution and not play Jones till he is completely healthy to play. If/when he plays, he'll be back to a usual workload I'd have to imagine. They won't risk him playing at 80%, even in a split

• Like 1

Feels like they might sit Jones one more week. Never good when the guy hasn't practiced all week.

Playing division rival, but Vikings are 1-5 on the season and feel like this is the crappiest team they've had in a while. Defense is no longer elite.

Possible blow-up spot for Jamaal Williams this week if Jones isn't a go. Could easily see 140 total yards and 2 TDs.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

As a Jones and Williams owner, I just hope they bench Jones completely so I don't have to worry about some 50/50 split as they work Jones back in.

Isn't it always a 50/50 split with these two? Lol