Rotoworld.com Forums

Jamaal Williams 2020 Outlook

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i was referring to all players in general ... see my post in the Covid thread ... SIX Baltimore players are now being restricted for TRACING, not INFECTION. 

we didn't see this earlier in the year ... it's a whole new dynamic we gotta deal with now. 

lol word... that is major

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AJ Dillon is a dirty mf. Wash your hands goon 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

lol word... that is major

This protocol has been in place for a few weeks now. The Raiders lineman that were close contacts to Trent Brown, the Bills TEs that were in close contact with Dawson Knox. All those players were eventually cleared a few days later. This is no different. Like someone said above if the game was on Sunday he'd probably be cleared.

3 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

Idk it’ll be tough for Jones since the game is in 2 days. Eager to hear these test result so 

Yeah sounds like I was wrong on that. Looks like Jones isn't playing. Unfortunately even if JWill tests negative the next two days he's already ruled out. 

4 minutes ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

It’s BS that they’ll rule Williams out even though he might not test positive 

Completely agree. If he tests negative the next three days it's perfectly reasonable to have him play Thursday night. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TroutFister said:

youre the packers fan, whats the report on him? fantasy viable?

He's a decent filler if you really need someone this week. I wouldn't expect a huge game though because Ervin will still be involved in passing plays, I don't think Dexter will be trusted as much as Ervin in pass protection. But he should see enough volume on the ground to make him a low RB2/flex option with the chance of a TD. He's not super talented or flashy, but opportunity alone might make him usable if you need someone.

1 hour ago, JinxLombardi said:

I am one over the roster limit.  Drop him?

I am in the same boat. Would love to hold but it seems like Jones will be back next week (if not this week) and Williams will just be a cuff at that point again? For disclosure I don’t own Jones so having him as a cuff would be lower value for me 

On 11/3/2020 at 2:49 PM, JinxLombardi said:

I am one over the roster limit.  Drop him?

Obviously depends on your team so seems silly to ask this here without any other context. BUT, if you are in a yahoo league, I’d wait until after tomorrow’s game to see if AJ plays and if so, make sure he makes it out healthy before dropping. 

• Like 1

in a competitive 12man, It looks like I am holding until another player on the waivers moves into a more solid role. At the moment the only replacement I can justify dropping for is Gus, but there isn't any upside with Gus. Depends on a bunch of situations, but holding a high-value cuff that can develop stand alone value if injuries happen (not just to their RBs) seems like the wiser choice.

Edit: Not a Jones owner.

Edited by THE_MAGIC_MAN

I don't know how anyone could consider dropping him. He's one of the top handcuffs in the league, and they may be forced to rush Jones back which could easily lead to reaggravation to an injury where that's already common. 

• 2 weeks later...

Look at this dudes playoff schedule. 

At Detroit 

Carolina 

Tennessee 

If anything were to happen to Jones this guy is set and forget, but even if Packers plan to rest Jones assuming they control the division he could win some leagues with all the injuries and covid stuff going on.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Mmiller186 said:

Look at this dudes playoff schedule. 

At Detroit 

Carolina 

Tennessee 

If anything were to happen to Jones this guy is set and forget, but even if Packers plan to rest Jones assuming they control the division he could win some leagues with all the injuries and covid stuff going on.

i think williams makes a pretty decent flex play even with jones active. he catches a lot of balls and will get around 8 carries at a minimum in those games. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, TroutFister said:

i think williams makes a pretty decent flex play even with jones active. he catches a lot of balls and will get around 8 carries at a minimum in those games. 

decent how? most of the upside is limited, so best case scenario is 10-12 points in ppr? unless you can envision the pack leading by the 3rd and Williams will get burn in garbage time?

1 minute ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

decent how? most of the upside is limited, so best case scenario is 10-12 points in ppr? unless you can envision the pack leading by the 3rd and Williams will get burn in garbage time?

as a floor 9-10 pts. 3 receptions, 20 yards receiving, 8 carries for 40 yards. look at what ervin did last game. 

2 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Might be overthinking this but if the weather is going to be bad for the Packers game is Williams a viable flex? 

He could realistically get 13-14 touches.

Outside of kickers I pretty much ignore weather. We've seen far too many productive games from QBs/WRs in terrible weather for that to be a concern to me. The Pack should drop 30, and you figure JWill is gonna get around 35% of the work. I'd say he's always on the (weak) Flex radar. I don't think weather has any impact on his output.