ValyrianSteelers

Jamaal Williams 2020 Outlook

52 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

keep an eye for Davante's availability. if he's out it's Jamaal timeeeee

Why would it be Jamal time if Devante is out? Are u thinking more of a run heavy offense where Jamal gets more opportunities?

32 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Why would it be Jamal time if Devante is out? Are u thinking more of a run heavy offense where Jamal gets more opportunities?

going based off of week 4 v Falcons, Davante was out and Jamaal played a pass catcher role

He is what he is at this point. Top handcuff, and pretty weak Flex. I don't see Adams being out having a big impact on his production. You need a TD or Jones injury for him to be startable. 

45 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He is what he is at this point. Top handcuff, and pretty weak Flex. I don't see Adams being out having a big impact on his production. You need a TD or Jones injury for him to be startable. 

where will all those targets go if Davante sits? 

13 hours ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

where will all those targets go if Davante sits? 

Rodgers always manages to find guys. Lazarus isn't as good as Adams obviously but a lot of the targets will go there, with an extra target for 3-4 guys. That would account for Adams' weekly targets. I'm not saying it's impossible for JWill to have an uptick, but I think Adams being out affects Lazard, MVS, and Tonyan much more. 

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Rodgers always manages to find guys. Lazarus isn't as good as Adams obviously but a lot of the targets will go there, with an extra target for 3-4 guys. That would account for Adams' weekly targets. I'm not saying it's impossible for JWill to have an uptick, but I think Adams being out affects Lazard, MVS, and Tonyan much more. 

go read the 1st page of this thread.

Colts r a bad matchup, and without Adams, they can scheme differently, most likely in their favor. If it were any other team I would strongly consider starting him in PPR. but maybe not the colts...

Edited by THE_MAGIC_MAN

On 9/23/2020 at 6:13 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

the immediate value here is not tied to being Jones understudy, but rather the health of Adams. 

uptick in ppr if Davante is gonna miss any time.

19 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Jamaal & Aaron Jones don't play the same role in this offense and Jamaal can fill in for either Jones or Adams when one/both are injured.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

Jamaal & Aaron Jones don't play the same role in this offense and Jamaal can fill in for either Jones or Adams when one/both are injured.

So it would be safe to play both Aaron and Jamal? 

46 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

So it would be safe to play both Aaron and Jamal? 

Would you call any play against the Indy defense as "safe"?