Sign in to follow this  
pdog109

2020 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

1 hour ago, Rainyy said:

Some thoughts:  

- Steak lacks a sear; looks dry; Air Fryer highly questionable; that's a thin-a** filet.  C-

- What kind of a monster eats mashed potatoes with a spoon?  

- Congrats on your first win!

Definitely should be pan seared. I don't know how you know the thickness if the actual filet, we're seeing small cut up slices... Didn't notice the spoon, that's definitely odd, haha. 

I didn't know if this should go in here or the "Vent & Rant" thread, but I decided this was probably the best place for it.  

Because of COVID-19, my main league decided to do weekly payouts to the high scorer just in case the season is cut short.  Going into tonight's game, the high scorer was yours truly, though I didn't like my chances very much because I only had a 2.46 point lead and 2nd place still had Marquise Brown.

By the end of the game, Marquise Brown was limited to 1.3 points.  I win!  Or so I thought.  Not so fast though.  Out of nowhere, the current last place team put up 48 points on MNF due to the herculean efforts of Patrick Mahomes.  We both end up with the identical score of 144.20 points.  What are the odds of that happening?  Instead of keeping the loot, I have to chop the pot.  

😝

20 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Definitely should be pan seared. I don't know how you know the thickness if the actual filet, we're seeing small cut up slices... Didn't notice the spoon, that's definitely odd, haha. 

Gotta cook a steak in a properly seasoned cast iron skillet. Spot on my man.

Lost Saquon, haven't missed a beat, still put up 140...cool story bro

22 hours ago, Rainyy said:

Some thoughts:  

- Steak lacks a sear; looks dry; Air Fryer highly questionable; that's a thin-a** filet.  C-

- What kind of a monster eats mashed potatoes with a spoon?  

- Congrats on your first win!

Not dry at all, very moist and tender.

My 14-teamer has lost nearly all my WRs, even the replacements. It's QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, D/ST. WRs were DJax and Tre'Quan, RB was Drake, TE was Andrews. About 20pts from literally half my team, when 100pts is either par or not quite enough.

But.

QB Russell Wilson, FLEXes Conner & JRob, DST Colts. Won by over 40pts, and top scorer for the league this week despite half the team pooping their pants. CSB.

fun fact- top 2 rb, top 4/5 wr,  #1/2 te, (adp) have all missed games through the first 3 weeks of the season

13 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

fun fact- top 2 rb, top 4/5 wr,  #1/2 te, (adp) have all missed games through the first 3 weeks of the season

But don't draft "insert player here" because he's injury prone. Everyone in this league is injury prone. 

Meanwhile. I have one of those good problems. Assuming MT comes back this week, I can only start 4 between this group (it's a dynasty league): 

MT@ DET

Deandre Hopkins @ CAR

Cooper Kupp vs. NYG

Mike Evans vs. LAC (with no Godwin)

Tyler Lockett @ MIA

Tyler Boyd vs. JAX

... Bumming me out that 2 of these guys are going to be on my bench!

Did you guys see that the guy on the Chiefs that tested positive was mirroring Newton in practice?  Talk about committing to a role.

• Haha 1

Played Chark in my 14-teamer. Played against Chark in my 10-teamer. Only...he left him on the bench!

Up by 30 before the eagles 49ers game. I had Mckinnon and Wilson (in place of CEH due to covid) against his nick mullins, kittle, and 49ers kicker.

His team proceeds to cut the lead down to 7 pts in the 2nd half thanks to kittle and mullins...then:

Mullins fumbles (-2)

Mullins throws a pick-6 (-2)

Mullins gets benched (no more double stack with kittle)

Mckinnon gets several dumpoffs, a bourne catches a TD but it is reviewed and ruled down at the goaline, and Mckinnon runs in the TD

Kittle drops the 2pt conversion pass

49ers get the ball back and kittle gains 6 points on 4 catches in the last 3 drives and 49ers lose on a hail mary and end up winning by 11 points

Cool story bro

Lost my first and 2nd round picks within a minute of each other earlier(I'm sure you can guess who they were) but still had a breathtaking come from behind victory thank to the Philly D 😍

up 50 pts with crosby going and my opp is done. why am i only 99% favorite? is crosby going to have 25 fumbles lost?

• Haha 1

Don’t want to jinx myself, but I’m feeling pretty good about my backfield, half PPR. Kamara leading the way...Mixon finally had a breakthrough game...picked up Robinson in the preseason...Gibson is picking up steam...Harris came off the IR and ran for 100 tonight...Murray backing up Kamara...Hines sitting there at the end of the bench just in case injuries/covid wreck me. 

One piece of advice I would give any prospective FF player is to have at least two leagues. That way, if you lose in one then a win in the other softens the blow. Losing both hurts about the same as losing one (if it's the only one).

But.

Winning in both your leagues is divine.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Don’t want to jinx myself, but I’m feeling pretty good about my backfield, half PPR. Kamara leading the way...Mixon finally had a breakthrough game...picked up Robinson in the preseason...Gibson is picking up steam...Harris came off the IR and ran for 100 tonight...Murray backing up Kamara...Hines sitting there at the end of the bench just in case injuries/covid wreck me. 

👍

this is the recipe for sustained magick foosball success - one can never have enough RBs ... NEVER. 

having that depth will assist one more thru the minefield of the regular than any other variable. 

draft 'em.  spec 'em off the wire.  hold 'em.  create a cozy incubator. 

then plug n' play when disaster strikes, 'cuz it will.  

it always does ...

and while others scramble to fill those slots, you sit back with cats who can bag sweet perntage - and touches. 

touches are important.  ya follow?

well done, good sir. 

• Thanks 1

Started out 0-2 and now I’m 2-2. Thanks to the WRs. OBJ, Cooper, and Kupp have balled out! 

• Like 1

In the most volatile season I can remember, with players everywhere dropping like flies, scores in the league have been incredibly up and down. But...here are mine:

Wk1 - 131.50

Wk2 - 138.44

Wk3 - 138.40

Wk4 - 136.42

Of course, this being fantasy football my one loss was in week two, but frankly I think I'll take 130-something points every week - in the regular season at least.

Top scoring team 3 weeks in a row! Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself, but I've never had a team this dominant through 4 weeks. Oh, and I've gotten nothing from MT yet. 

Stay away Covid, and stay healthy guys. This is actually kind of fun. 

• Like 1

3-0 in my re-draft league since Saquon went down for me.  0-1 in the only full game he played.

4-0 in my main league. Despite:

+ Losing Saquon Barkley early in Week 2 & now out for the season

+ Losing Nick Chubb early in Week 4 & now out for 6-ish weeks

+ Losing AJ Brown in Week 1 & having him out Weeks 2-4

Thankfully I've started strong with Russell Wilson, Stefon Diggs, Darren Waller, Chubb (before his injury) & undrafted James Robinson.

I'm gonna keep on truckin' with the waivers but I wouldn't be surprised if I only scrape out 4 more wins the rest of the season after losing BOTH of my stud RBs...

22 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Thought I was looking in the mirror here. Reached for CEH in the first and didn't touch RB again until the 6th (Gibson)

I nabbed Robinson before week 1 and Harris Sunday. Even managed to pluck Justin Jefferson off waivers after his break out game. Feeling pretty damn good right about now. 

Nice balance to all of the injuries. 

10 hours ago, Prezkot said:

4-0 in my main league. Despite:

+ Losing Saquon Barkley early in Week 2 & now out for the season

+ Losing Nick Chubb early in Week 4 & now out for 6-ish weeks

+ Losing AJ Brown in Week 1 & having him out Weeks 2-4

Thankfully I've started strong with Russell Wilson, Stefon Diggs, Darren Waller, Chubb (before his injury) & undrafted James Robinson.

I'm gonna keep on truckin' with the waivers but I wouldn't be surprised if I only scrape out 4 more wins the rest of the season after losing BOTH of my stud RBs...

Good shyt probably coast through your league without the injuries

Between injuries and covid,  the constant roster juggling is pretty epic. 

Me personally.  I hate it but love it. 

CSB?