Rotoworld.com Forums

2020 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up by 3 with Chicago D left. My opponent had all week to pick up a kicker and didn’t so this morning I dropped the defense and a bench player for both MNF kickers. He’s losing his mind in the league c

Wooooo, I'm 1-2! Air fryed some filet migon tonight to celebrate my first W. Lets go!  

Not sure what's more funny: a user named "steakaficianado" cheekily beefing about someone's beef, or the same user criticizing the misspelling of "mignon" while misspelling "aficionado".

Posted Images

I’m pretty stoked to have Gibson as 7th rd keeper next year. A couple of my leaguemates laughed when I took him in the 8th, but I believed in the talent, even if it was raw. Now, he has a very good chance to be the RB6 in my half-PPR league after week 12 and has great keeper value for 2021. 

• Like 1

A few weeks ago when Ertz got hurt and there was strong speculation that Goedert was coming back, I got a trade offer of his Phillip Lindsay for my Goedert. I countered by asking for Antonio Gibson instead of Lindsay. He accepted and now here we are a few weeks later and I feel like the playground bully who stole the kid’s lunch money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 Team; 1PT PPR; Limited Keeper 

Started with:             Now have:

QB: Dak                   Tannehill                  

RB: Zeke                  Zeke

RB: Chubb                Ekeler

WR: Hopkins             Hopkins

WR: Thielen              Thielen

TE: Gronk                  H. Henry

FLEX: Edleman          CMac

FLEX: D. Johnson      D. Johnson

D/ST: Colts                 Raiders

K: Tucker                    Tucker           

BEN: C. Sutton           C. Edmonds

BEN: Z. Moss             T. Hill

BEN: M. Jones Jr.       K. Drake

BEN: T. Cohen            M. Gaskins

BEN: M. Gesicki          C. Davis

BEN: M. Brown           W. Gallman

Picked up some good players folks dropped due to injury or frustration. Made a few trades. I have the #3 seed in my division locked up. With these additions I feel pretty good about my chances.

• Like 1

Was tied with 6 other teams for 3rd place when I had the worst week of this season: projected to scored 66 after Sunday with only Pitt Defense playing. 
Opponent had 4 players playing Weds (Big Ben, Gus, Diontae Johnson and Justin Tucker). 

Ended up winning 74-72, bless you Joe Haden for the Pick 6. 🙏 Tied for 2nd now with 3 other teams but I have a 60 point lead on the team under me and a 140 points lead on the 4th place team. Should be a lock for the playoffs even if I lose and a win automatically gives me a bye unless 3rd place guy goes insane. 🤞

Joined a new dynasty league this year with a bunch of attorneys that I don't really know. Put a waiver claim in for Jarvis Landry and accidentally dropped Antonio Gibson in the process. Started to panic when I realized what I did, not knowing what the outcome would be, or how the league would react. Messaged the group thread immediately and told the other owners what had happened, hoping they'd offer forgiveness. Radio silence for around four hours. One of the co - owners got back to me and admitted that he did something similar a few weeks ago, and that he'd get Gibson back on my roster. If they would have let the move stand I would have probably given up my team. I couldn't stand watching Gibson ball out for another owner for the next ten years.

Cool story bro.

In a 10 team league, I won my 9th game of the season to lock up first overall and get a bye and a payout.   I have the 7th most points.  I beat one team twice this season, by about 5 points combined.  He currently has the third most points in the league but will now miss the playoffs with this loss.   Last year, I beat him in the semifinals (with a legit good team I promise) by a few points.  In each of these three wins, I took the lead only in the final minutes of MNF, including last week via the futile Miles Sanders 2 point conversion.  

• Haha 1

Im sure it wont end well for me but I secured a playoff spot week 9 and clinched a bye with #1 overall week 11.  Its been a long time (10+ years) since I won this league so I fully expect my team to implode.  I just traded Drake for Godwin (ppr league) with the other owner also in the playoff so hopefully Drake doesnt drop a 40 pt game on me wk 16 if I play that team.

I got into the play-offs and got the bye due to the last run by Lamar Jackson today. I have knocked out both from the play-offs and bye position the same guy I have played this week. I got in by 0.02 points over the course of the whole season. Well... I hope stat corrections do not ruin this for me! 😅

RsduYr1.png

Thank the lord our league determines 6th seed by points instead of record. 5-8 record but Lead the league in scoring  (worst points against by a huge margin, pretty much every team in our league had their best game against me then regressed back) and will make the playoffs as the 6th seed.

made playoffs with stafford wentz foles (two qb league), mixon, ceh, kenny,  kittle,

7-6 with 2nd lowest pt total ha going to get blasted but still funny.

been saving my hardman, ab 40 burgers for next week

Edited by colepenhagen

Made the playoffs with a record of 11-2 in a 12 man league.

Have Hebert, CMC, Robinson, Adams, Diggs, Kelce, and Conner/Cooks/Kupp.

Won the 'ship last year in this league and in good position to win again. Pride goeth before the fall.

• Like 1