Sign in to follow this  
Nap Time

Marvin Jones 2020 Outlook

On 9/9/2020 at 11:37 PM, dudewithabadcat said:

Stud.  

On 9/9/2020 at 11:44 PM, dudewithabadcat said:

Stud.

On 9/10/2020 at 4:02 PM, dudewithabadcat said:

Might matter.  Might not.  Fact is - Marvin Jones is always an under the radar guy who balls out on a regular basis.

On 9/13/2020 at 7:50 PM, dudewithabadcat said:

For sure. Jones is a stud with Golladay. 

• Haha 1

Bust😳

This guy sucks more than all the Kardashians combined.

• Thanks 1

He’s a bye/injury/desperation plug in you might grab off the wire at some point this season but he’s not special enough to stash and burn a roster spot all year

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 8:26 PM, owenmills said:

He’s a bye/injury/desperation plug in you might grab off the wire at some point this season but he’s not special enough to stash and burn a roster spot all year

yeah i don't know what happened here - he's healthy, still gets separation , he makes great catches when targeted.

Stafford just doesn't seem to be looking/ throwing his way often.  He's throwing lots of short passes to Hockenson.

Maybe he plays well against Saints this year since Lattimore will be on Golladay.

Not too concerned.  Got him dirt cheap and we have played three games.  He is bringing in around 8-12 points a game.  Okay...nothing to write home about but at least he is not putting up zeros.  IMO, it is only a matter of time.  Still a great BYE week filler or desperation play.  Almost as good as it gets for those situations.  He is going to have his stretch of games.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Not too concerned.  Got him dirt cheap and we have played three games.  He is bringing in around 8-12 points a game.  Okay...nothing to write home about but at least he is not putting up zeros.  IMO, it is only a matter of time.  Still a great BYE week filler or desperation play.  Almost as good as it gets for those situations.  He is going to have his stretch of games.  

hit-the-nail-on-the-head-gif.gif

Unfortunately having to roll this guy out on a couple teams due to injury. Hope the patented Marvin Jones blow up game is this week! 7/100/2 incoming!!!

Posted (edited)

Sounds like NO is banged up in the secondary. Wondering what you guys are thinking for Jones. He's averaging around 980 yards and 10 tds per 16 games played with Detroit. Pretty good numbers. Do we rank him higher than Jefferson this week?

Edited by codyodea

I hate this guy.  He's an easy drop for me.

Posted (edited)

drop city!! targets are just not there - he's been phased out of offense it seems

Edited by JetsAwesome

5 hours ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Clear drop here right guys?  Has done nothing all season.

yea - hes on my bench but just not gonna play him unless i have a rash or injuries or bye weeks.  Stafford is out on him for some weird reason.

any hope for second half rebound?  dude was a stud WR2 last few seasons.  His performance has been odd.  Maybe he'll do a Mike Williams from Monday.

He's on the field a lot, but he's just not getting the targets and the looks.  I think this Detroit offense is (1) Golladay and (2) any Detroit RB.  Matt Patricia is old school and would run the ball 60 times if he could.  

Plenty of more exciting and more utilized options on the waiver wire this week.  I've kicked this guy and I'm not looking back.

Im shocked they arent using him more. I feel like his usage has to go up at some point. Maybe TJ Hockensen is taking those looks that Jones used to get. 

16 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Still don't get the total lack of usage.  Throw this guy on any other team and he will get pelted with passes.

yeah it's odd -  he didn't get many targets when Kenny G was out , not like you  think he would.  I still see him getting separation and catching tough passes while covered.  There's more to it.  He got 2 targets in week 4  against NO for 1 9 yard catch.

- Stafford doesn't even look at him anymore.  There might be some locker room or schematic issues we don't know about.  Stafford pelts slow Hockenson with 5 yard passes.

Edited by JetsAwesome

3 hours ago, CooL said:

He's on the field a lot, but he's just not getting the targets and the looks.  I think this Detroit offense is (1) Golladay and (2) any Detroit RB.  Matt Patricia is old school and would run the ball 60 times if he could.  

Plenty of more exciting and more utilized options on the waiver wire this week.  I've kicked this guy and I'm not looking back.

he had 1 9 yard catch against a Saints team without Lattimore and Janoris Jenkins in a game they scored 29 points.  That was his lowest receiving output in two years  There is a deliberate attempt to phase him out of offense for whatever reason.    Last year with Patricia he at a minimum saw 5-7 targets and around 4-6 catches a game.  this output is very odd.

Gonna have to contact the milk carton companies and see if we can get his face put on them because he has straight-up disappeared.