Sign in to follow this  
Sivaro

Jared Goff 2020 Outlook

No thread I could find on him

Anyone taking a gamble on him this year?

I dunno, but the caps in the title is triggering me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, kdko said:

I dunno, but the caps in the title is triggering me.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Have Stafford but don’t like the CHI matchup.

Goff is sitting nicely on the WW in a potential shootout.

Love Goff at least for this week.  Home underdogs with a 51.5 O/U - second highest on the week.  Has consistency on his side playing in the same scheme he's played for the last few years.  Going to have to throw to keep up with the Dallas offense.  The strength of the Dallas defense is their front 7 - they seem very weak on the back end.  

Top 10 QB play this week.

25 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Question is what Goff do we get in 2020?

10Jx.gif

• Haha 2

Anyone else starting him this week? 

I think I'm going to pull the trigger (My other QB is Stafford against Chicago)

Home opener on Sunday Night Football against Dallas in a potential shootout. Its has the second highest o/u this week. 

Am I crazy?

1 hour ago, gmoneypm said:

Home opener on Sunday Night Football against Dallas in a potential shootout. Its has the second highest o/u this week. 

Am I crazy?

23 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Love Goff at least for this week.  Home underdogs with a 51.5 O/U - second highest on the week.  Has consistency on his side playing in the same scheme he's played for the last few years.  Going to have to throw to keep up with the Dallas offense.  The strength of the Dallas defense is their front 7 - they seem very weak on the back end.  

Top 10 QB play this week.

1 hour ago, gmoneypm said:

Am I crazy?

I am starting him on one team.

Edited by Sivaro

o/u for season passing yds set at 4450.5,  -110 either way. 

Kupp & Woods get at least 1k each ... that's roughly half of that total still up for grabs.

i say he does it - and i took the over 🤷‍♂️

we're gonna learn an awful lot Sunday night ... intetesting to see how McVay tries to attack Dallas ... is he gonna stick with his heavy "22" sets?  does he go back to majority 3 wide? (which Hoodie obliterated in the SB, and the leeg followed suit very quickly).

On 9/10/2020 at 12:00 PM, Heizz said:

Have Stafford but don’t like the CHI matchup.

Goff is sitting nicely on the WW in a potential shootout.

Goff is so under the radar this year.  As are The Rams in general.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Back to back 4600 yard seasons had a guy tackled at the 1 7 times last year td regression is coming, his last 5 games when they went to 12 personel he was on the QB2 pace. Gurley and all those TD's are gone, Mcvay churns out fantasy QB's like it's his job going back to Cousins. Unless you have a top 6 option start this man, if he is sitting on the wire acquire then re evaluate your QB room  heading into week 2.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

o/u for season passing yds set at 4450.5,  -110 either way. 

Kupp & Woods get at least 1k each ... that's roughly half of that total still up for grabs.

i say he does it - and i took the over 🤷‍♂️

we're gonna learn an awful lot Sunday night ... intetesting to see how McVay tries to attack Dallas ... is he gonna stick with his heavy "22" sets?  does he go back to majority 3 wide? (which Hoodie obliterated in the SB, and the leeg followed suit very quickly).

888 sport has him 3rd in odds to lead the NFL in passing yards.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Back to back 4600 yard seasons had a guy tackled at the 1 7 times last year td regression is coming

Woods was ridiculously cursed last year ... 90/1140, but only THREE scores. 

that ain't happening this year. 

2 minutes ago, turner46 said:

888 sport has him 3rd in odds to lead the NFL in passing yards.

it's a great spec, all things considered ... 'Homie favorite, obviously, but who was second? Ryan? 

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Woods was ridiculously cursed last year ... 90/1140, but only THREE scores. 

that ain't happening this year. 

it's a great spec, all things considered ... 'Homie favorite, obviously, but who was second? Ryan? 

Yeah Ryan is 2nd, money must have came in on Dak he is now 3rd, Goff is now 4th at 9-1.

5 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Yeah Ryan is 2nd, money must have came in on Dak he is now 3rd, Goff is now 4th at 9-1.

9-1 is too good to pass up 👍

a few longer odds cats i'd look into would be Kyler and Brady and Stafford (though that Kenny G hammy is very troubling).

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

9-1 is too good to pass up 👍

a few longer odds cats i'd look into would be Kyler and Brady and Stafford (though that Kenny G hammy is very troubling).

Kyler 26-1

Brady is 5th at 10-1

Stafford is 6th  at 15-1

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Back to back 4600 yard seasons had a guy tackled at the 1 7 times last year td regression is coming, his last 5 games when they went to 12 personel he was on the QB2 pace. Gurley and all those TD's are gone, Mcvay churns out fantasy QB's like it's his job going back to Cousins. Unless you have a top 6 option start this man, if he is sitting on the wire acquire then re evaluate your QB room  heading into week 2.

I’d say Goff is comparable to Wentz and Stafford this season. Both have sky high ceilings. I’m just curious if the absence of Gurley is going to help or hurt the Rams offense.

• Like 1

Goff is looking good and I need a streamer now cuz Wentz and Brees are trash.  I like the look of Goff but I think @ Buffalo is exactly the type of game he may. struggle in.  He plays the Giants at home the following week which looks like a solid spot to start him, so I may pick him up now.

prime week for if you need a streamer [...] this week, 3 total TD's each of past 2 games and up against a NYG team that let a Nick Mullens lead Niners team burry them.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content

Goff disappointed vs the giants in a big way, some nice streamers this week but I’ll be sticking with him for these next two weeks since the matchups are perfect. 

Actually I'm worried I have to start him this week.  The Washington d-line is good and that's what usually creates problems for Goff.  As bad as Washington is on offense, I could see him struggling this weekend, not to mention it's a cross country game for the Rams.

Posted (edited)

[...] I have Goff slated to start but I’m not sure how I feel about it.

Like the post above me stated, Goff loses his cool when he feels any sort of pressure. All though the Rams line is much improved, Washington’s defensive front is pretty dominate.

There may be other streaming options on your wire like Herbert, Bridgewater, and Tannehill who have just as much upsides 

Edited by gmoneypm
Removed assistant coach content