dayvidhong

TRADE WHIR: Michael Thomas for Kenyan Drake And Keenan Allen?

My team is in the sig. I'm incredibly weak at the RB position (Todd Gurley is my RB1 for crying out loud), but I'm fairly deep at WR with having Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, and Adam Thielen in my starting lineup. The other team wants Michael Thomas and in return I'll be getting Kenyan Drake and Keenan Allen, but he will not give up Chase Edmonds LOL

This is 0.5 PPR btw. Pull the trigger and accept this?

Interested to see what yall got to say about this. WHIRRRR

22 minutes ago, dayvidhong said:

My team is in the sig.

Remember that people on mobile don't see your sig, as well as people who hate long siglines and have them hidden. If you want answer, better to put the relevant information in the post.

Regarding the trade, with the information you give that seems like a smart trade to me, but next year, draft more RBs ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Remember that people on mobile don't see your sig, as well as people who hate long siglines and have them hidden. If you want answer, better to put the relevant information in the post.

Regarding the trade, with the information you give that seems like a smart trade to me, but next year, draft more RBs ;)

Noted, thanks man 

32 minutes ago, dayvidhong said:

My team is in the sig. I'm incredibly weak at the RB position (Todd Gurley is my RB1 for crying out loud), but I'm fairly deep at WR with having Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, and Adam Thielen in my starting lineup. The other team wants Michael Thomas and in return I'll be getting Kenyan Drake and Keenan Allen, but he will not give up Chase Edmonds LOL

MY TEAM:

QB: Russell Wilson

WR: Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Adam Thielen, Mecole Hardman, Bryan Edwards

RB: Todd Gurley, Jordan Howard, JK Dobbins, Phillip Lindsay, Latavius Murray, Brian Hill

TE: Zach Ertz

• Thanks 1

I'd hate to trade Thomas for Drake and have him not pan out, especially with Edmunds in the mix who ARI also likes and this owner not willing to part with him. Drake also has never had a full seaon of RB1 carries, most he had was 133 one season in MIA. Hard to say how he'll respond with more volume, if he stays healthy or productive enough not to lose more touches to Edmunds. Not sure if you kicked the tires with any other owners, but I'd see what other offers may be out there before I came back to this deal.

• Thanks 1

Keep the big easy. Counter offer and move some other pieces for both desert plains & Hollywood 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dayvidhong said:

It's a solid deal to me. Drake will have a big year if he stays healthy and Keenan Allen is underrated for this year to me. He'll still be a target hog and a nice WR2 you can play each week. That being said i'm walking away if he won't give Chase Edmonds. You should be able to get a lot for Michael Thomas and if he's holding it up for that he's just playing games.

• Thanks 1

I would pull the trigger. 

Michael Thomas and Drake went within a few picks in many Half_PPR drafts and you also get Allen? 

I'd do it. 

If Drake gets banged up, grab Eno Benjamin. 

Good luck

• Thanks 1

Dont make that trade. If you're going to trade Michael Thomas, you have to get at least a Kareem Hunt and another player in return. At least.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Dont make that trade. If you're going to trade Michael Thomas, you have to get at least a Kareem Hunt and another player in return. At least.

Bruh Kenyan Drake > Kareem Hunt.  And Keenan Allen is a legit WR.

4 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Bruh Kenyan Drake > Kareem Hunt.  And Keenan Allen is a legit WR.

you're a cards fan.

anyways, kareem has more potential than drake. 

Hunt is like a 12 points per game guy right now, with the potential to be a top 5 player if anything were to happen to Chub.

Drake's floor is slightly higher, but his ceiling isnt as high

Edited by Chippa

4 minutes ago, Chippa said:

you're a cards fan.

Hunt is like a 12 points per game guy right now, with the potential to be a top 5 player if anything were to happen to Chub.

Lol c'mon man, just look at ADP of expert leagues. I'm not the only one who values Drake > Hunt.

Has nothing to do with being a Cards fan, has to do with being a #1 back vs. fighting Chubb for carries. 

Hunt got 5 pts (Half-PPR) in Week 16 vs. BAL last year. He's on my bench since I doubt he does much more than that vs BAL in week 1. 

Drake did 10 pts and 26 pts in the 2 contests vs SF last season. 

If you'd start Hunt over Drake this week, you're wildin', and even more so if you'd take Hunt > Drake for the 2020 season. 

Drake has potential to be a top 5 RB full stop.... Hunt has potential to be a top 10 IF Chubb is IR for the season. 

I don't think I'd trade THE #1 WR for a WR that has a pretty long injury history (Keenan Allen), who also doesn't have Rivers throwing at him anymore, and an RB in a division that has the defenses they do in the NFC West.

42 minutes ago, Chippa said:

you're a cards fan.

This is just silly.

9 hours ago, dayvidhong said:

Noted, thanks man 

I would personally do that trade. You're getting back an RB1 + WR1 for MT13 . 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

This is just silly.

I would personally do that trade. You're getting back an RB1 + WR1 for MT13 . 

Exactly. Not like he's trading CMC. That's good value back for MT. I wish I could get a deal like that for MT.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, dayvidhong said:

See if he'll add Edmonds for Murray then?

in theory keenan allen and kenyan drake should return the value that the best receiver in the NFL gives you, and it's not a bad trade, so go for it. I'd personally want someone better than Keenan and his injury history. Plus Tyrod is his qb

It's not a terrible trade. I obviously don't think MT will repeat his amazing year. Yeah he will be a top WR but the odds of repeating it are slim. I would say make the trade because you will still be very good a WR with Thyreke, Thielen (big on him) and Allen. This also gives you a little more depth at RB.

Not sure who I would drop though.  Hill or Hardman would be the 2 choices.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dayvidhong said:

I would do the trade, but have to get Edmunds in return. Maybe offer him L Murray along with MT, for K Allen, Drake, & Edmunds. Thanks for mine!

12 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

I would do the trade, but have to get Edmunds in return. Maybe offer him L Murray along with MT, for K Allen, Drake, & Edmunds. Thanks for mine!

This ^

There's no deal without Edmunds.  If he wants Thomas, a handcuff rb shouldn't be a deal breaker.

I'd try trading one of your lesser WR for a RB in a 1-for-1. I'd trade Thielen to whoever has the best RB depth. See if they're hurting for receiver help.

If you're thinking about the current trade, it's not terrible, but it's not overwhelmingly great either. I'm very ho hum on Keenan this year, and Drake hasn't really proven anything. I'd stick with Thomas.

Play to your strength. You have three strong WR that will never leave your lineup. Play the waiver wire. Your team doesn't have to be perfect this week. You have enough points by having Thielen in flex to make up for anything you'll be losing in your RB most likely. See how Reagor does then try packaging him with a depth RB for an upgrade.

Looks like your probably went WR in three of the first four rounds. Next time, know the situation when you draft. RB was so thin this year. Especially if you took Thomas in Rd. 1, you could have and maybe should have went RB-RB-RB the next three rounds and then swooped in and went WR in round 5 and looked at guys like Tyler Boyd in that range.

Edited by Hacksawjimduggan

I'd do it, Tyreek/KA/Thielen is a solid WR core and Gurley is one injury away from being an RB3 this season. I like the opportunity for Gurley but you need an RB like Drake to help carry your team.

Edited by n4sa