Rotoworld.com Forums

Alejandro Kirk 2020 Outlook

• tonycpsu changed the title to Alejandro Kirk 2020 Outlook
5 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

I saw one AB where he hit a groundball to third to start a DP. Just wasn't that impressed with him either offensively or behind the plate. Will be limited with his weight on both as movement is very limited.

Kind of unfair to judge him based on one AB.  Sounded like he had a fairly promising first game.  Obviously not spectacular given that it ended up being an empty 1-3, but I don't think he's considered one of the top catching prospects in baseball for no reason, even if most of them have ended up being extreme busts recently.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Big dude.  The Bartolo Colon look for catchers.  How does someone like that crouch his way through a baseball career?  You'd think the spring in his legs would go pretty quickly.

He seems to do a "one-leg" crouch type thing where he sticks one leg out a bit. I don't know if that's helpful, or gonna hurt him in the future.

• Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Big dude.  The Bartolo Colon look for catchers.  How does someone like that crouch his way through a baseball career?  You'd think the spring in his legs would go pretty quickly.

His knees trying to hold up over the course of a 162 game season

spacer.png

Potential with the bat is legit though, and what's not to like about seeing a short fat dude raking

Edited by Blood Brother