shakestreet

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

Recommended Posts

Went into the 4pm games with Kyler, Andrews and Fuller to go and 40pts to get. Wouldn't say I was confident, wouldn't say I wasn't. Thing is, if you'd promised me 33pts from Murray I'd have presumed I'd strolled in.

Fuller and Andrews needed to get me a total of 7.36pts. All I needed was maybe three or four more catches. Now I'm a loser despite having Kyler and Aaron Jones (he had Evans, Chubb, and Higbee). Can't complain about the points I scored, but man, I can complain about the way this ended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

Went into the 4pm games with Kyler, Andrews and Fuller to go and 40pts to get. Wouldn't say I was confident, wouldn't say I wasn't. Thing is, if you'd promised me 33pts from Murray I'd have presumed I'd strolled in.

Fuller and Andrews needed to get me a total of 7.36pts. All I needed was maybe three or four more catches. Now I'm a loser despite having Kyler and Aaron Jones (he had Evans, Chubb, and Higbee). Can't complain about the points I scored, but man, I can complain about the way this ended.

 

That stinks dude- pretty crappy when it is more than reasonable to expect those points and it didn't work out. It stings the most when that happens. I wonder if projections should just mean nothing and say F em. I'm also feeling pretty bummed after trading a few days ago that would've got me a victory today. Problem is the logic a few days ago would've said that it would not have led to a victory, only because I know of the results now.

Just stinks overall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

 

That stinks dude- pretty crappy when it is more than reasonable to expect those points and it didn't work out. It stings the most when that happens. I wonder if projections should just mean nothing and say F em. I'm also feeling pretty bummed after trading a few days ago that would've got me a victory today. Problem is the logic a few days ago would've said that it would not have led to a victory, only because I know of the results now.

Just stinks overall. 

 

I fell into the trap of watching scores around 6pm. Tried to avoid it but was sitting in the line at Dairy Queen with my daughters when the alert came through that Kyler had run another one in, so all I needed was about 6pts. I knew Fuller was back in (or at least had changed to "healthy"), knew that Baltimore had the ball, knew that the Cards got it back. Still thought one of them would get me a TD. Then it went FG, FG.

One of my absolute best rules of FF is not to keep track of live scores. It's just so hard to do 😃.

Of course, if I'd had the courage to Flex James Robinson it wouldn't have mattered. 3.40pts from Fuller and Andrews though. Damn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Major 'Bench Burn' today...Hey, has anyone coined that phrase yet? I think it would fit in FF. I started AJ Green over Keenan Allen, but who knew that new stud QB would show up over Taylor. So I guess I should be given a pass...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was going to come here and complain about losing Barkley in 3 leagues.  But it is what is.

 

I was losing by 2 points and had James White to go. Can't even be mad. Feel bad for the man. I don't even want to imagine what he is going through. That is a real problem.  We play fantasy football and complain and this man may loose both his parents.

 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yceman1234 said:

source.gif

A simple switch of the Y for a T would have made it understandable. I think most ppl got it. Grammar police 👮‍♀️ 😂

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was up ~56 or so pts going into tonight’s game.  He had Cam & Lockett left. 
 

lost 105.02 to 150.88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

Was up ~56 or so pts going into tonight’s game.  He had Cam & Lockett left. 
 

lost 105.02 to 150.88

 

I'm thinking you might have made a slight error there.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

 

I'm thinking you might have made a slight error there.

How’s that?  
 

cam scored ~36 and Lockett scored ~20.  Exact finish above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

How’s that?  
 

cam scored ~36 and Lockett scored ~20.  Exact finish above. 

Your math makes no sense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

is the NFL going to be dead in 5 years or so with all the elite players getting injured constantly? this week and before have been blood baths. along with all the lower body injuries, the constant concussions... smh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

is the NFL going to be dead in 5 years or so with all the elite players getting injured constantly? this week and before have been blood baths. along with all the lower body injuries, the constant concussions... smh.


they could do themselves a favor and play preseason games and not limit contact on top of a condensed training camp in fear of a virus infecting some of the healthiest and least vulnerable people on the planet.  

Edited by OmegaRed88
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:


they could do themselves a favor and play preseason games and not limit contact on top of a condensed training camp in fear of a virus infecting some of the healthiest and least vulnerable people on the planet.  


garbage take. we’re lucky to even have football the way things were looking. i’m not blaming them for the lack of preseason. they needed time to get proper protocol in place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Conscious Pilot said:


garbage take. we’re lucky to even have football the way things were looking. i’m not blaming them for the lack of preseason. they needed time to get proper protocol in place

 

Nah, OmegaRed88 is right. Its all a joke.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:


they could do themselves a favor and play preseason games and not limit contact on top of a condensed training camp in fear of a virus infecting some of the healthiest and least vulnerable people on the planet.  

  

First, getting covid-19 under control is more important than football, Second, more conditioning doesn't stop you from tearing ligaments when they plant funny or get rolled up on.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got burned by Mandrews and Scotty Miller and still got the second highest score in the league... but I played against the top scorer. I feel like I have one of the better teams in my 12 man, but starting 0-2 is a drag. Andrews was a safe start and Miller was a risky start, and now I don't know if I should play conservatively or take more risks because I'm behind. Ugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:


they could do themselves a favor and play preseason games and not limit contact on top of a condensed training camp in fear of a virus infecting some of the healthiest and least vulnerable people on the planet.  

 

10 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

 

Nah, OmegaRed88 is right. Its all a joke.

EWjtnHTU0AABvl0.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

  

First, getting covid-19 under control is more important than football, Second, more conditioning doesn't stop you from tearing ligaments when they plant funny or get rolled up on.


nah, your second argument is off.  These guys haven’t played at full speed In over half a year and now playing 150 snaps at full speed injuries are piling up.  Preseason gets them up to game speed.  I’m not saying it saves every injury but for many, yes

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we just instantly ban anyone who, for no reason, brings up the "Coronavirus is a liberal hoax" conspiracy nonsense. It comes up apropos of nothing and derails threads.

Just stop it!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tghetty said:


nah, your second argument is off.  These guys haven’t played at full speed In over half a year and now playing 150 snaps at full speed injuries are piling up.  Preseason gets them up to game speed.  I’m not saying it saves every injury but for many, yes

 

Every year seems to be the worst year for injuries. Hear it every year like clockwork. We won't know if this year is particularly bad until it's over. From the injuries that I saw most were just freak accidents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

  

First, getting covid-19 under control is more important than football, Second, more conditioning doesn't stop you from tearing ligaments when they plant funny or get rolled up on.

It’s not about conditioning, obviously.  All these ligament and soft tissue injuries are at an all time high for a reason.  These guys’ joints haven’t been eased in like normal for what their bodies are going through.  Last week shocked their bodies, now they were in a more vulnerable state going into this week and we saw the carnage.  So things like plants and rolls that might have normally been tweaks ended up in season ending tears.  
 

It’s the same principle in weightlifting. If you’ve been out a while, you don’t jump into heavy lifts even if you are plenty strong for the weight.  You still should work up to the heavy stuff over time as just because your muscles can take it, your joints and connective tissues are vulnerable.

 

Don’t take my word for it.  The numbers speak for themselves and you’ll be hearing plenty on this matter in the next few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.