shakestreet

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

4 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

It’s not about conditioning, obviously.  All these ligament and soft tissue injuries are at an all time high for a reason.  These guys’ joints haven’t been eased in like normal for what their bodies are going through.  Last week shocked their bodies, now they were in a more vulnerable state going into this week and we saw the carnage.  So things like plants and rolls that might have normally been tweaks ended up in season ending tears.  

It’s the same principle in weightlifting. If you’ve been out a while, you don’t jump into heavy lifts even if you are plenty strong for the weight.  You still should work up to the heavy stuff over time as just because your muscles can take it, your joints and connective tissues are vulnerable.

Don’t take my word for it.  The numbers speak for themselves and you’ll be hearing plenty on this matter in the next few days.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but it certainly seems like it would be true, haha.

The  flip side is that we do have "omg, injury apocalypse" meltdowns every season. I'd be interested to see data on the total number of injured players after 2 weeks this year vs. the last 5 years, or so.

I lost Barkley today and what I'm most pissed about is that my league uses lame a** rolling waivers. I tried to talk everyone into switching to FAAB, but they declined to this year "because of covid." That of course makes no gotdamn sense. 

I'm 0-2 and have priority number 9. I am screwed. 

• Like 2

Early on in the week I dropped Arizona for the titans d. Difference of 13 points as I hold a 9 point lead vs Jacobs. Plus he had the bears d too so that’s a 17.5 point difference 🙃.

Ugh my streaming d strategy has let me down so far. Got 5.5 combined points from my d spot so far this season 🙃

Edited by jgardner12

The only thing sadder than all these injuries are guys turning on each other in the vent and rant thread pissing on each other’s vents and rants.

2020 you’re a **** on wheels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was up 50 going into Sunday night against Wilson and Metcalf.

I had to choose 2 of Scotty Miller, Perriman, Humphries, Logan Thomas and went with the 2 guys who scored the least. That's when FF is pure guessing.

Week 1:

End of games, pulled off a win by 1.6 points. Thursday morning, woke up to the NFL stat corrections. We have a single IDP slot, where most stat corrections fall. Ended up losing by 0.9 points.

Week 2:

Dropped 182 points on my opponent. Second highest score of any team so far this year. Highest scoring team so far this year? My opponent. This week. Lost by 8 points.

I can't catch a win for trying 😭

Edited by JAG_challam

2 hours ago, Proteus said:

The only thing sadder than all these injuries are guys turning on each other in the vent and rant thread pissing on each other’s vents and rants.

2020 you’re a **** on wheels.

Injuries sad

Pissing on each other vents and rants is nat-ur-al and common. 

Out of my first 7 picks, only Melvin Gordon and DK Metcalf have escaped without some sort of injury.

Edited by thefranchise3

It’s hard being a niner fan and seeing the teams best players getting hurt

Edited by NyjersInParis

If it wasn’t for some idiot dropping Fournette, I’d be forced to start RoJo and Singletary at RB. Lost Barkley, Bell, Lindsay. Also who knows what’s going on with Davante Adams. 

Lost cmc, kittle, and AJ brown. 3 of my first 4, also had to deal with the Conner situation

6 hours ago, jgardner12 said:

Early on in the week I dropped Arizona for the titans d. Difference of 13 points as I hold a 9 point lead vs Jacobs. Plus he had the bears d too so that’s a 17.5 point difference 🙃.

Ugh my streaming d strategy has let me down so far. Got 5.5 combined points from my d spot so far this season 🙃

It's more difficult early on in the season. At this point the data is a bit limited so we're almost guessing based on last season's end-of-season trends which isn't really that helpful. It's hard to tell who the truly bad offenses are (except the Jets) and who just had a bad first week. Also hard to tell who the underrated DSTs are and who just went up against somebody having an off day. On top of that i'm sure the more surefire DSTs like Pitt, Balt, etc were drafted so those aren't available. It's just more of a gamble this time of year before things stabilize. 

8 hours ago, Drewfus said:

I lost Barkley today and what I'm most pissed about is that my league uses lame a** rolling waivers. I tried to talk everyone into switching to FAAB, but they declined to this year "because of covid." That of course makes no gotdamn sense. 

I'm 0-2 and have priority number 9. I am screwed. 

oof. i HATE rolling waivers, especially for a season like this. FAAB or bust. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

AUCTION LEAGUE SQUAD

RB -- Saquon Barkley (Team sucks, line sucks. Not that it matters cause he was carted off the field, done for the day, and probably the next 15 weeks remaining after that too)

RB -- Derrick Henry (O-line suddenly can't run block and I guess the Titans are suddenly a passing team now as a result. Cool)

WR -- Kenny Golladay (Hasn't suited up yet. Hamstring injury the day after I drafted him before the season even began. Hamstring injuries, whenever he returns, those don't tend to linger or anything, nah)

WR -- Courtland Sutton (Also inured before season began the day after drafting him. Missed wk 1 but back for wk 2. Has future HOFer Jeff Driscoll throwing to him now. Again, pretty sweet)

WR -- D.J. Moore (Not injured...or at least not yet. Sooooo that's good I guess)

QB -- Matt Stafford (Also not injured. But his by far and a way best WR and playmaker - who I also have - is. No worries. That doesn't devastate his ceiling or anything. Not at all)

FLEX -- Henry Ruggs (45 yard bomb right out the gate wk 1 where he was wide open but underthrown, preventing a TD. Injures knee next possession, doesn't touch the ball again rest of game. Questionable for week 2, plays Monday night. That's helpful)

TE -- Dallas Goedert (100 yds and a tuddy week 1. Yeah, that oughta carry me this season)

My OTHER Auction League Squad

Went super-duper top-heavy, going all-in with Barkley & McCaffery, and then used all of my meager remaining budget on Rahheem Mostert, Courtland Sutton, Marlon Mack and Henry Ruggs. The entire rest of the squad is of the minimum $1 bid purchase variety: included amongst them -- Tevin Coleman (Mostert's handcuff/backup) & Paris Campbell. 

What do you guys think? Think I have a shot this year? 

Personally, if you ask me, that would be an easier "Hell f**kin' NO"  than that time I turned down that chick from college with full-blown AIDS who was begging to sleep with me.

Every league imnlosing to people who have their best weeks ever

Edited by CABLE87
  • Like 1

i really wanted to draft all avg or breakout players $20-25 in my auctions. and in theory it would of payed off already and then you had the depth later in the year to make trades and upgrade. ridley, dk, dionte, hunt, dobbins maybe, boyd, ect. (would of missed on sutton, bell, but much more manageable then missing on players listed below)

got one team lost mt, adams, godwin. ha

got another lost kittle and kenny

got another lost mt and cmc. 16 teamer dead after 2 weeks. good thing only $60.

5 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

My OTHER Auction League Squad

Went super-duper top-heavy, going all-in with Barkley & McCaffery, and then used all of my meager remaining budget on Rahheem Mostert, Courtland Sutton, Marlon Mack and Henry Ruggs. The entire rest of the squad is of the minimum $1 bid purchase variety: included amongst them -- Tevin Coleman (Mostert's handcuff/backup) & Paris Campbell. 

What do you guys think? Think I have a shot this year? 

Personally, if you ask me, that would be an easier "Hell f**kin' NO"  than that time I turned down that chick from college with full-blown AIDS who was begging to sleep with me.

my god, man. i'd close the league homepage, delete the bookmark, erase the emails, and never go back again. 

spacer.png

Edited by yossarian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Every league imnlosing to people who have their best weeks ever

Ditto and half their players are either playing against Dallas or Atlanta (or someone with a defense just as bad) every week

2 hours ago, Blats said:

Also who knows what’s going on with Davante Adams. 

This is my big question now. Just lost sutton ros. I can loose adams as well.

Just now, Sizzlebshu said:

Ditto and half their players are either playing against Dallas or Atlanta (or someone with a defense just as bad) every week

My teams aren't that bad, and no major injury's besides MT in one league

Just now, yossarian said:

my god, man. i'd close the league homepage, delete the bookmark, erase the emails, and never go back again. 

I would but I can't go there and don't necessarily want to either. It's a high stakes 8k buy-in, 12 team league and I've won the league 3 out of the 4 seasons since joining. I won it my first two seasons in the league and then again last year. And as the by far and away poorest net worth individual in the league, it's been an impactful gravy train for me.

Have to figure this is my comeuppance for netting a touch over six figures off of these guys in 4 years.

Ironically enough, however, is that of all the people in this league, the dude who is the most outspokenly competitively pissed off about my having come into the league, running roughshod as the new sheriff in town, is the one dude in the league who is a multi-multi Billionaire (family net worth 24 B as of 2019). Go f**kin' figure. As expensive as this league is, 8k....what is that, like 17 cents to that dude??

1 minute ago, Sizzlebshu said:

No description available.

If my android could post a picture I'd show you something identical lmfao

3 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

I would but I can't go there and don't necessarily want to either. It's a high stakes 8k buy-in, 12 team league and I've won the league 3 out of the 4 seasons since joining. I won it my first two seasons in the league and then again last year. And as the by far and away poorest net worth individual in the league, it's been an impactful gravy train for me.

Have to figure this is my comeuppance for netting a touch over six figures off of these guys in 4 years.

Ironically enough, however, is that of all the people in this league, the dude who is the most outspokenly competitively pissed off about my having come into the league, running roughshod as the new sheriff in town, is the one dude in the league who is a multi-multi Billionaire (family net worth 24 B as of 2019). Go f**kin' figure. As expensive as this league is, 8k....what is that, like 17 cents to that dude??

now that’s a cool story bro