shakestreet

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

My team scored the most points I've scored in recent memory this week (CMC, Dak, Aaron Jones, Higbee, Ek)... but I also lost CMC and Sutton. Why can't good things last? 

Who had Edelman have his highest yardage total of his career with Newton throwing to him?  Also, he didn't even play in the 2 wide sets last week. 

7 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Who had Edelman have his highest yardage total of his career with Newton throwing to him?  Also, he didn't even play in the 2 wide sets last week. 

Blew up on my bench. But after last night I'm starting Edelman.

if i would have played aaron jones instead of d henry in dfs yesterday in my lineups i would have won a few thousand dollars instead of 40 bucks.#stupidme. 

23 minutes ago, isuckatdfs said:

if i would have played aaron jones instead of d henry in dfs yesterday in my lineups i would have won a few thousand dollars instead of 40 bucks.#stupidme. 

... username checks out

• Haha 1

Traded all my Rookie picks from '21 to move up to the #2 pick from my second round pick. Had the #1 pick, too. In startup draft. Going all in this year..

My first 3 picks were CMC, Saquon and AJ Brown.

I now have to start Gibson, Gaskin and MVS.

😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭  😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭  😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭  😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭  😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

Edited by thebadferret

Waiver pickups tonight, and Crowder (Q but in my IR), Mostert (doubtful but not listed OUT) are screwing up my plans. Can't make a waiver bid without making some room 

Just now, squidthunder said:

Waiver pickups tonight, and Crowder (Q but in my IR), Mostert (doubtful but not listed OUT) are screwing up my plans. Can't make a waiver bid without making some room 

Shanahan says Mostert is likely out this week, but could return soon. 

10 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Traded all my Rookie picks from '21 to move up to the #2 pick from my second round pick. Had the #1 pick, too. In startup draft. Going all in this year..

My first 3 picks were CMC, Saquon and AJ Brown.

I now have to start Gibson, Gaskin and MVS.

😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭  😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭  😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭  😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭  😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭

Wow that hurts!

I would've recommended to do the complete opposite. Because of COVID and no preseason, I was concerned with injuries and missed games so I wanted to unload my 2020 first and second round draft picks in exchange for picks in 2021. I was going to do this but I could not get the trades done in enough time :(

23 minutes ago, Sizzlebshu said:

Shanahan says Mostert is likely out this week, but could return soon. 

Yea, which I assumed. Just difficult making any waiver bids, as I have to make a add/drop to have a correct roster size (ex. Crowder is currently on my IR, but is now listed as Q, so no longer qualifies as IR).

So, ESPN won't even process any moves I make as I have to drop a player or move someone to IR (was hoping for Mostert)

2 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Yea, which I assumed. Just difficult making any waiver bids, as I have to make a add/drop to have a correct roster size (ex. Crowder is currently on my IR, but is now listed as Q, so no longer qualifies as IR).

So, ESPN won't even process any moves I make as I have to drop a player or move someone to IR (was hoping for Mostert)

Unfortunately you need to make some drops or wait until they are ruled out and pick over the scraps in free agents. It sucks, but that's just how it goes. You could drop Crowder with WR being so deep you can find another bench guy there. I wouldn't want to do that, but it doesn't look like you have a kicker spot so that's really your only move. Then just hope nobody picks him up.

13 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Unfortunately you need to make some drops or wait until they are ruled out and pick over the scraps in free agents. It sucks, but that's just how it goes. You could drop Crowder with WR being so deep you can find another bench guy there. I wouldn't want to do that, but it doesn't look like you have a kicker spot so that's really your only move. Then just hope nobody picks him up.

I know ..and that's what I'm trying to gauge in my head right now. He'd be my drop, but could be useable down the road when injuries/BYE weeks hit.

These damn teams just need to put some mofo players on gd IR already. IR's only 3 weeks this season, people! You KNOW they're not playing for at least 3 weeks (looking at you, Michael Thomas). Your opponent knows they're not playing for 3 weeks. You're not being clever, you're not fooling anybody, you're just being ******** irritating. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Drafting all RBs next year.

Went for RB depth this year in my 14-teamer, with short benches. I've gone through Courtland Sutton and Parris Campbell in the first two weeks, (and Blake Jarwin, but whatever) and now Chark. Pretty much all my FAAB has gone already. Only have Desean Jackson and Tre'Quan Smith left this week for my two WR spots *sigh*.

Round 6 was the key round of my draft.  My rb's were Saquon and Akers and couldn't decide between taking Brees or Fournette.  Opted for Brees as qb's were being taken fast.

I  was gonna say I killed the draft this year.  Drafted Kamara and Aaron Jones.  Oh no, that was last year.

I Really Regret Dropping James Robinson when i did....now my opponent this week has him and he's starting him

not too confident in David Johnson honestly....drafting him may turn out to be something i also regret

Started Minshew (over Brees) and Parker (over JuJu/Edelman) with Robinson on my bench... nice way to start the week!

I did start Jrob in my other league... and own him in both so I guess it's not all bad.

Edited by Gabbed
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gabbed said:

Started Minshew (over Brees) and Parker (over JuJu/Edelman) with Robinson on my bench... nice way to start the week!

I did start Jrob in my other league... and own him in both so I guess it's not all bad.

lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Minshew streamers...get in here! Just goes to show no one knows anything and maybe don’t chase stats sometimes lol. And the nfl nothing goes as planned 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RangersHero said:

I Really Regret Dropping James Robinson when i did....now my opponent this week has him and he's starting him

not too confident in David Johnson honestly....drafting him may turn out to be something i also regret

OUCH!  Yeah, this one hurt just to read it.  Sorry man!