shakestreet

2020 Vent & Rant Thread

Traded McCaffery for Mixon and Mclaurin. Havin some regrets, hope Mixon goes big...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Minshew streamers...get in here! Just goes to show no one knows anything and maybe don’t chase stats sometimes lol. And the nfl nothing goes as planned 

Yea streaming QBs can backfire on you.  Kinda wish i didn’t wait so long to draft a QB 

58 minutes ago, harck said:

Traded McCaffery for Mixon and Mclaurin. Havin some regrets, hope Mixon goes big...

You will regret this trade in a month. Hope Mixon goes bananas, for your sake.

22 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

You will regret this trade in a month. Hope Mixon goes bananas, for your sake.

Yeah I kind of panicked because I lost both Leveon Bell and Mccaffrey to injuries. Felt like I couldn't make it the potential 6 weeks without making a move. Probably should have rode it out with waivers RBs though.

Edited by harck
  • Like 1

Last year, I started Minshew twice. The first time was week 6. He hadn't scored less than 17 points all season and the matchup was good. He got my 5.62 points. After that, he put up a 21 point game and a 25 point game. I said okay, another great matchup, lets do this week 9. He got me 11.76 points. I say screw Gardner I'm out.

Fast forward to this year. I drafted Carson Wentz who has been a dumpster fire and needed to get some points out of my QB spot. Minshew started the year on fire and has a matchup against a team that just let Josh Allen throw over 400 yards. Minshew coming off two 20+ point weeks. He gets me 11.20 points.

Will I forsake Garnder Minshew forever? Will I continue to trot him out in his upcoming good matchups only to be let down as always? Stay tuned to find out!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Friend in my league had the worst draft as he was autodrafted.  Ended up with like 4 QB's, 4 DEF, maybe 3 kickers, and no WR's.  

He just happens to pickup a few guys that no one really wanted: James Robinson, Russell Gage, Hines, etc.  

On the other hand, I left the draft feeling great (M Sanders, M Thomas, Josh Jacobs, K Hunt, DJ Chark, etc). 

Guess who's 1-1 and who's 0-2?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mehtavg2000 said:

When did this switch to fantasy football?

oops I somehow thought I was in the fantasy baseball forum. I’ll see my way out in shame.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, harck said:

How could you? 

I have Zack Moss and of course this week Moss gets put on ice and I play the Singletary owner. FML!

3d23e54661da239efd2c8823dca9c600.gif

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

I have Zack Moss and of course this week Moss gets put on ice and I play the Singletary owner. FML!

3d23e54661da239efd2c8823dca9c600.gif

Going to be a total dick here and mention that the Singletary owner traded him to me (Moss owner) this week.

Injuries this year are just killing me. 

I’ve already had 5 injuries on my team picks 1,2,3,5 and 7 Most of the injuries didn’t even happen during a game. 

😡

• Like 1

In a normal fantasy season my pickup of James Robinson would basically ensure me of being the #1 team in the league. However with injuries to McCaffrey, Golladay, Kittle, and Sheperd, it's instead going to keep me from being the worst team in the league.

I guess i should have picked MIA defense, usually TNF games are a poop show on both sides... but wow. feels good to lose on TNF.

Man I hate leagues where bench players lock after a game.

I stupidly wasted a bench spot on minshew, so when Edmonds got dropped I had to drop hamler. 

Now I gotta sweet it out and hope he doesn't blow up this week. Hedging my bets and flexing him so it doesn't sting AS much if things do go that way lol.

9 hours ago, GreatestShowonTurf said:

Traded James Robinson away last weekend. Clorox or Tide?

Who did you get? Trying to assess his value.

1 hour ago, kwelch said:

Who did you get? Trying to assess his value.

Checked the Twitter... word is he got nick foles and 2 cases of beer 

• Haha 1

Every year I try to never participate in this tread - don't need that kind of negative energy surrounding my squad - however 2020 has in many ways been like no other...

With that said, this is my new backfield...

___New Backfield______________Drafted Backfield____

RB1: Joshua Kelley                       RB1: Saquon Barkley IR

RB2: Mike Davis                           RB2: Le'Veon Bell IR

RB3: Jeff Wilson Jr.                      RB3: Marlon Mack IR

RB4: J.K. Dobbins                        RB4: J.K. Dobbins 

RB5: La'Mical Perine

Canceled

Edited by Spina

16 hours ago, pdog109 said:

I guess i should have picked MIA defense, usually TNF games are a poop show on both sides... but wow. feels good to lose on TNF.

Don’t worry. Things will be worse than usual next week...DEN @ NYJ🤮   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spina said:

Every year I try to never participate in this tread - don't need that kind of negative energy surrounding my squad - however 2020 has in many ways been like no other...

With that said, this is my new backfield...

___New Backfield______________Drafted Backfield____

RB1: Joshua Kelley                       RB1: Saquon Barkley IR

RB2: Mike Davis                           RB2: Le'Veon Bell IR

RB3: Jeff Wilson Jr.                      RB3: Marlon Mack IR

RB4: J.K. Dobbins                        RB4: J.K. Dobbins 

RB5: La'Mical Perine

Canceled

I tried to talk you out of Bell and Mack but you wouldn't listen.  That's on you.

Saquon, on the other hand...that sucks.

And in game injuries are the worst because in competitive leagues you likely lose that game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Went completely no RBs because WRs are safer right? 

Round 1 - Michael Thomas

Round 2 - Devante Adams

Round 3 - Kenny G 

Yahoo gave me a C- for draft grade. Yahoo knew man. 

Another C grade is coming from this combination:

R1 - Michael Thomas

R2- Julio Jones

R3- Kenny G

I’m 0-2 in leagues with those 2 combinations. Great. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I tried to talk you out of Bell and Mack but you wouldn't listen.  That's on you.

And in game injuries are the worst because in competitive leagues you likely lose that game.

Bell and Mack might not have had spectacular seasons even if healthy, but underperforming is a whole different story from getting injured in week 1-2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

THIS.  Bell & Mack were hot garbage picks coming into the season.  Really sucks to be a Barkley owner everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1